: How do you become a supporter?

DBA-One
11-23-05, 06:16 PM
I like it here and I'd like to chip in. I ave a quick glace but didn't see anything that took me right to a place to donate.

Boombotz
11-23-05, 06:21 PM
Here is the link to the area to sign up!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

DBA-One
11-26-05, 10:06 PM
Done. I did the six month thing. I'm sure I'll be around much longer though so I'll just "reup" when the time comes.

davesdeville
11-29-05, 04:27 AM
Did we used to have some thing where supporters didn't have to put up with all the damn ads? Or was that some other site I'm thinking of?

Playdrv4me
12-14-05, 08:14 PM
I think that has always been registered users period. Registered users see less ads than non registered ones. The perks of membership are listed on the sign up info page.

Lord Cadillac
12-15-05, 09:11 PM
Did we used to have some thing where supporters didn't have to put up with all the damn ads? Or was that some other site I'm thinking of?

Do what I do, Dave. Avoid the sites with ads. Well, actually, I've come to get used to sites with ads. But I NEVER watch regular television anymore.. Well, unless it's 24! Then I'll deal with the commercials.. :want:

Florian
02-18-06, 04:06 PM
dont you have to snug up on someones nads???

F

EcSTSatic
02-27-06, 11:05 AM
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At the risk of sounding like a cheap ba****d, I have questions about supporting menberships. I'd like to donate but I have no need for any of the benefits listed below, and $50/yr seems like a lot for basic forum access. Other car forums including FTE sites are asking half that or less.

As a marketing suggestion, is it possible to have another membership tier? One that doesn't require additional storage or bandwidth? I think you might attract more donations from visitors that just want to share and learn from others.

-Justin

Supporting Member subscription (and what's in it for you):
- Less ads! This means faster page loading for Supporting Members! (new) (Supporting Vendor ads still display)
- Advanced Search capabilities. Search by username, specific forum, specific date, etcetera. (new)
- Your attachment storage will double in size from two (2) megabytes to four (4) megabytes.
- Your Cadillac Gallery storage doubles in size from twenty (20) megabytes to forty (40) megabytes.
- Your Cadillac Classified Ads limit increases from 2 simultaneous ads to 5. (new)
- Your private message storage capability grows from 10 to 50 saved messages.
- The file size for your personal avatar will double in size from 20 kilobytes to 40 kilobytes.
- You'll obtain the ability to upload a custom avatar.
- You'll obtain the ability to set a custom signature.
- You'll no longer have the "edited by" show up in your edited messages.
- You'll receive a special "Supporting Member" badge beneath your username in all of your posted messages.
- You'll have unlimited access to our upcoming online Cadillac Enthusiast Magazine.

DBA-One
06-19-06, 02:02 PM
I let my paid membership lapse. I'd renew it if a political forum would be added here. I know those types of threads are not allowed and I've never like that. All kinds of other things are though and most times they are pointless threads that go on for 20 pages, etc. I'm sure it has been explained why they are not allowed but I was never clued in. Being Cadillac people, we are a bit more sophisticated than many on other sites, I think, anyway. Sure here and there we all get a bit wound up but so what? This is just the Internet. Besides, there seems to be so many moderators on this site that I can't see a thread getting so far out of hand.

Just something to think about.

Lord Cadillac
06-19-06, 02:21 PM
Hey there.. I know where you're coming from - and I understand. The only trouble is, we've lost some members due to political discussions.. I hope you can understand my stance as well. As the owner of this site, I've been here since the very beginning.. Members grow on you. They become more than just "members" or people who visit your forum. They become friends. It's very difficult to put a dollar value on friends...

DBA-One
06-19-06, 02:34 PM
I hear you. I'm not sure what could be done about people leaving. I do understand that is an issue. People can still be fickle though regardless of the subject at hand. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your site, only what I'd like to have as a paying member.

Of course, the whole paying thing can be a slippery slope as I'm sure you know. What stops one paid member from demanding that another be banned because they were offended? It can go on and on that way but that is when we all have to be adults, or try anyway.

Thanks though for taking the time to explain you position as the owner here and doing so in a professional way. I am seriously glad you care about the membership here. So many other site owners are the exact opposite.

HITMONEY
08-23-06, 03:45 PM
Alright, you got me Sal... I had my 500th post today, and i've come and gone for just about 2 years now so I figured I am over due to be a supporter.

:highfive:

Lord Cadillac
08-27-06, 03:47 AM
Alright, you got me Sal... I had my 500th post today, and i've come and gone for just about 2 years now so I figured I am over due to be a supporter.

:highfive:
Thank you very much for your support! The help is greatly appreciated!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 11:17 AM
I second your thoughts cadillac I have been members on other forums for electronics and they do become like family. Especially the ones that frequent the site daily. this weekend I'll be a supporting member and won't think twice about the money.....

JaxxMan
10-14-06, 11:07 AM
This seems like the only appropriate thread to post this in.

I signed up earlier this year for a 3 month subscription which was not a "recurring subscription" I even got the expire notice in April. I have been billed 2 more time since. I don't want my money back because you site has been very beneficial.

I would just like to know how to un-subscribe right now and join again when I am actively posting questions & replies. Pay as I go sort of thing.
Secondly my card has just expired and I don't want them to try and bill me again.

Thx for your time.

P.S. I did e-mail salc@madisonross.net but haven't received a reply yet.

urbanski
10-14-06, 11:23 AM
This seems like the only appropriate thread to post this in.

I signed up earlier this year for a 3 month subscription which was not a "recurring subscription" I even got the expire notice in April. I have been billed 2 more time since. I don't want my money back because you site has been very beneficial.

I would just like to know how to un-subscribe right now and join again when I am actively posting questions & replies. Pay as I go sort of thing.
Secondly my card has just expired and I don't want them to try and bill me again.

Thx for your time.

P.S. I did e-mail salc@madisonross.net but haven't received a reply yet.
did you actually get CHARGED for a renewal? All I see is the old expired membership. The system isnt usually set to CHARGE you for a renewal. And a renewal notice doesnt debit from your account.
Send me any info you have to urbanskicf at gmail.com

JaxxMan
10-14-06, 01:19 PM
Yes I was charged July 12 & October 12 my expiry notice e-mail was sent in April. It shows on my credit card statments as:

JUL 12 2006 PAYPAL *MADISONROSS 4029357733 ON 10.00
Oct 12 2006 PAYPAL *MADISONROSS 4029357733 ON 10.00

I'm sorry urbanski but I don't feel comfortable sending info to a gmail account even if you can assit in the problem. The e-mail address listed on my paypal account to contact I mentioned earlier. (salc@madisonross.net)

I am not trying to get a refund, I'm just trying to get intouch with someone who works directly with the billing. I'm sure it's just a glitch.

If you or anyone knows an alternative e-mail address at madisonross, it would be a big help. Thx again

urbanski
10-14-06, 01:50 PM
lol i meant to send me the info you just posted :p
i wasnt phishing for your login info :p

i contacted the forum owner, see what we can work out

Lord Cadillac
10-16-06, 12:29 PM
Okay. I see what happened.. You probably didn't mean to setup a "subscription" where you're rebilled every 3 months, but that's what was created.. I've cancelled that so you will not be rebilled again.

The wording for all our "subscriptions" has been updated since you signed up - so it's much more intuitive now...

Thank you for your support! It is greatly appreciated...

JaxxMan
10-16-06, 02:33 PM
Thx for fixing this, I will sign up again when I'm ready and actively posting questions. Best money I ever spent. :D

CHP N-V
01-30-07, 04:15 AM
why to become a supporter i have to use paypal... why can't I just use a credit card like everywhere else?

Lord Cadillac
01-30-07, 05:12 AM
why to become a supporter i have to use paypal... why can't I just use a credit card like everywhere else?
Thank you for even considering supporting our site. I greatly appreciate the consideration.. Actually, you CAN use your credit card with the PayPal system. I've never actually done it myself, but if you go through the motions, you should have no trouble..

There are a few people who've gone this route - and at some point, they may chime in..

RunningOnEMT
02-03-07, 09:35 PM
quick question

i joined as a supporting memeber for one month to start, just to see if this place was a good fit for me, well now i know it is.

how do i know when my month is about to run out so i can get myself a year membership,

Lord Cadillac
02-04-07, 12:39 AM
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy this place enough to "give back" and support it's existence! You should be receiving an email a few days before you expire. That email should provide you with a link to go forward. Here's how to go through the motions whenver you'd like..

After entering your user control panel (the User CP (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/usercp.php) link in the blue navigation bar up top), there's a section on the left at the bottom called "Miscellaneous". Click the Paid Subscriptions (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/payments.php) link and you'll find all your options on the next page..

If you have any questions, just ask.. Thanks again for your support!

urbanski
02-04-07, 07:36 AM
or just PM me and i'll check real quick ;)

BigJon
06-28-07, 04:11 PM
is there away i can send in cash or a money order?

Lord Cadillac
06-28-07, 06:38 PM
Yes. Thank you for considering helping us pay the bills.. Send me a PM (private message) for details. Click on my username for PM options...