: Stability control

8ball
11-23-05, 05:07 AM
Has anyone had there service stability control message come up when it's cold outside. I don't know if being cold has anything to do with it but just woundering since it was cold last night and I had also just washed it last night too. I noticed that the compressor did not go off but after a while it did and no more service light.

ewill3rd
11-23-05, 06:48 AM
Which stability warning message did you see.
There are a couple codes that can set under various conditions, plus it's normal for a stability limited message to come on when you shift into manual first gear.
For the first, there is an updated software calibration available (if they are certain codes). A dealership should be able to check for those codes and reprogram the VSES module if necessary.

hcvone
11-23-05, 06:49 AM
I get that message a few times a year but there is never a stored code when they check it. :hmm:

fast66
11-23-05, 12:27 PM
I have been driving my truck for nearly 4 yeras now and I never got that message once

mikeee
11-23-05, 01:31 PM
I got it too. I just ignore it. The message says "Service stability control", but there are more things running through that sensor than just stability, such as your ABS, so a number of things could trigger it.

I think I read somewhere that a sensor called a YAW sensor needs to be replaced. I think this sensor is inside the front right wheel well. After the YAW sensor is replaced, the computer has to be reset.

Again this is what I've read, not from experirence.

demjjm
12-12-05, 02:29 PM
When I orignally had my truck lowered, I had to live with that message all of the time. Because there was no solution at the time, I went back to the stock ride height. The light now comes on a few times a year. The manual says to shut the car off, wait a few seconds and restart it. I guess this resets the computer, and this method has worked for me everytime. My service advisor said that if it remains on I need to have it looked at, but that has never happened yet.

ZX_man
12-12-05, 06:14 PM
I had the same thing happen 2 times last week when the temp here dropped into the 20's. I just turned the truck off and let it sit for a few, then fired it back up and the light was gone.

Walter

mikelsmith
12-17-05, 08:09 PM
I was getting the service stability system off and on. Then it got to be all the time. Cad dealer says the ABS module has gone out. $900 fix. :crying2:

8ball
12-17-05, 10:35 PM
I read it wrong last time I saw it, it was actually service ride control...It came back on and comes on everytime so it going to the dealer on monday. I did notice that my air comp does not come on so that might be it.

LarryDEscalade
01-10-06, 06:57 PM
8ball,

So did you bring your vehicle to the dealer?

If so what was the fix??

8ball
01-10-06, 07:54 PM
8ball,

So did you bring your vehicle to the dealer?

If so what was the fix??

Ya I did, it was the air compressor; one of the valves would not close so they put in a new compressor.

touchjam
10-30-06, 02:16 PM
REPLACE STEERING WHEEL POSITION SENSOR AND RECALIBRATE works just fine now!!!!!!

demjjm
10-30-06, 02:36 PM
Funny, this thread should come up today. My truck was just in for service last week for what started out as the "service ride control" light nevering going off. I noticed something a few weeks ago; while traveling at about 75 MPH with 2 adults and 4 kids in the car, we went over a hump in the road and the truck bottomed out. I thought this was strange since I expected the ride control to kick in, but I figured it was unique circumstance. About a week later the light came on and stayed on. It ended up being a bad rear shock. My extended warranty did not cover it. That particular repair was about $500 for the part and the install.

When the car came out of shop it felt great, like new again, until this weekend I had 2 adults and 4 kids and the damn thing bottomed out several times on the highway. Now we were in a construction zone, but it was not over major potholes or anything like that. It has me really pissed off. When we came home I had each of the kids get in the car 1 by 1, and I could see the truck drop a bit each time. Also as I had them get out 1 by 1, I could see the truck rise back to stock height. You guys metioned the compressor. I have never noticed it going on or off. Can you hear it? How would I check to confirm mine is even going on?

On a side not when the truck was in the shop, it was under my extended warranty, it seemed as if every problem, I ever complained about, they were now able to confirm and fix, which never happened under the factory warranty. They rang up a $5000 bill with the extended warranty company and just under $1000 with me.

They replaced a driver sensor (driver 1 and 2 was not working right), a mirror motor and switch, water pump, rebuilt front and rear differential, and a host of other items. It was nice to get everything fixed, but it made me mad that they never got done under the factory warranty. Most of the items I did not even complain about, they just looked over everything, when I told them my extended warranty would soon expire.

Anyone who has informationoin the compressor, please let me know. It has me mad!

8ball
10-30-06, 03:52 PM
Ya you should here the compressor kick in, it's on the left rear. I had mine replaced 3 times alreay, peace of crap. So you had a deductable on your extended warreny, sounds like your dealer hooked you up. I don't have a deductable and everything is covered too but I had to pay extra for it.