: Healthy Oreos

Lord Cadillac
11-22-05, 03:08 PM
Have you ever noticed that only Oreos have that distinct "Oreo" taste? None of the other cookies (like Hydrox) taste like Oreos. They may look like Oreos, but they don't taste nearly as good. Well, now there's a cookie that tastes just like an Oreo but has no hydrogenated oils, no white flour, no dairy, and no high-fructose corn syrup. Oh and no MSG either (not sure if Oreos have it or not).

http://www.countrychoicenaturals.com/product.asp?id=25

Darn good stuff. :)

Boombotz
11-22-05, 03:21 PM
I'll have to try some of those. :p I love Oreos especially when my friend comes to town.:histeric: My hips on other hand beg me not to eat them.:helpless:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
11-22-05, 03:37 PM
no hydrogenated oils, no white flour, no dairy, and no high-fructose corn syrup. Oh and no MSG either

No good.

ben72227
11-22-05, 06:17 PM
I love the white fudge cover oreos that come in the special box...:D

HotRodSaint
11-22-05, 07:01 PM
I love the white fudge cover oreos that come in the special box...:D

Those are absolutley the best 'store bought' cookie ever!!! :yup: :thumbsup:

urbanski
11-22-05, 07:25 PM
I'll have to try some of those. :p I love Oreos especially when my friend comes to town.:histeric: My hips on other hand beg me not to eat them.:helpless:
i sure hope this is mrs. boombotz talking :p

Caddy Man
11-22-05, 08:00 PM
Oreos are one of the best cookies, but also one of the worst. for one reason: TRANS FATS. A regular serving of Oreos has about 2.5 grams of trans fat for every 3 cookies. Organic or not it makes no mention of one of the worst aspects of oreos. It says 5 grams of fat per serving, but only lists 0.5 being saturated. I want to know where the rest went. Trans fat increases LDL (bad) cholestrol and is directly linked to coronary heart disease, it has to be avoided at all costs. People see the word organic and think its good for you, those oreos are still just fat and sugar, maybe just less processed. Sorry, Im a health nut.

Rolex
11-22-05, 10:13 PM
I hadn't had an Oreo cookie in years, and had one in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how yummy they are.

I don't think the original Oreo cookie is "bad" for you, as long as you don't eat a whole sleeve of them. :rolleyes: You can get too much of a good thing! ;) :D

Boombotz
11-23-05, 12:33 AM
i sure hope this is mrs. boombotz talking :p

Yep it's me! Hey has anyone here ever had a deep fried Oreo with chocolate batter. Oh my know that is to die for!!!

ben72227
11-23-05, 12:46 AM
I don't really like regular oreos; i either get the fudge covered ones, or the mix up ones that have mint/creme on the inside...I'm more of a Little Debbie/Keebler Fudgeshop kind of guy...Nabisco's just not my thing:p