: Losing Power

ederbsn
11-22-05, 01:57 AM
Just wandering if anyone has had this problem. Sometimes after pulling from a stop sign or light, i lose the ability to move after "hitting the gas". There is still power to the truck (everything is still working and on). And after a couple of seconds it kicks back on and works just fine. Also, the dic reads traction active, or something like that. Also, a couple of time my service stability warning has come on after this has happened. It seems like i might have read a thread on this some time ago before i started having the problem. if anyone has had this problem, any information would really be helpful. im taking it to a dealership tomorrow, but just wanted to be up on them a bit. thanx in advance

hcvone
11-22-05, 09:58 AM
Your traction control is coming on, it's normal under hard throttle or uneven road surfaces.

84caddy
04-28-06, 12:53 PM
getting the EXACT same problem....leave from a stop and it hesitates, almost stalls...then "Traction Active" display comes on, then it accelerates normally

any ideas??

integline
04-28-06, 12:58 PM
ive ahd the service traction b4 but never really the losing power. if you turn your car off it will reset itself. if not disconnect your bater for a few seconds and then reconncet it, should solve your problem.
Power could be dirty fuel filter and or clogged air filter. these are just simple fixes(and may not be the problem).
Wheni had a spare on it triggered the service traction more.

Stoiz11
05-01-06, 02:51 PM
Crank Postioning Sensor - Tend to go bad on small block gm v8's, people have replaced alot of them

DaddyO
09-15-06, 08:38 AM
So, how did the dealer solve the problem??? I have the same issue.

integline
09-15-06, 09:53 PM
anything?

esv007
09-21-06, 11:36 PM
I actually have expereinced this a lot. My 07 Escalade hesitates a lot when I gun the gas which I tend to do a lot. Especially when I'm navigating through traffic, it would seem like it would die for about 2-3 secs then slowly pick up speed. I always say "Damm this GM product" then it works.

A foot note: I'm in an 07 Escalade loaner while my 07 is in the dealer for the wind noise issue and this has the same problem with the hesitation.

Perhaps GM has only old people testing these ? :)

hcvone
09-22-06, 07:37 AM
The only hesitation mine had was the first tank of fuel thanks to the dealer putting in regular, with both of mine half way through the second tank they started running like they should. :)

caddyjimmy
04-08-10, 11:17 AM
I have the same hesitation when at a red light or stop sign, when I am giving the car gas and turning it will hesitate and then be fine. Also, when I am going uphill the engine hesitates and I feel a slight jerk, any ideas?