: Harry Potter

CVP33
11-21-05, 10:12 PM
I have two boys who've read all the Potter books. I've been dragged to everyone of these crap-tastic movies. This one however was finally bearable. Far from a 10 but definitely watchable. I'd give it a solid 8.

ben72227
11-21-05, 10:24 PM
It must be good, it broke the record for the opening gross. I wanted to see it, but I saw that new Clooney movie instead; it was okay.

I will go see Harry Potter on Wednesday...and the i will see I Walk The LIne

Rolex
11-21-05, 10:37 PM
I'll see I Walk The Line, but I'll wait to see Harry Potter until it shows up on HBO.

Although in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Afghanistan the Hermoine girl was geting her bewbies....:canttalk: :p

Boombotz
11-21-05, 10:42 PM
I saw it on Friday. If you have read the books this could be a little bit of a disappointment because of how much was cut. I expected as much it was an 800 page book you can only do so much. I on the other hand I read the book a while ago so it was not fresh and I really enjoyed it. The graphics on this film where exceptionally good.

Elvis
11-22-05, 09:34 AM
Too bad Hermione probably won't be legal for another 2-3 years.

My WIFE reads all those damn books MULTIPLE TIMES. She's fascinated by them. I told her she should put them down and write something herself.

Then she drags me to the movies too. Craptastic doesn't begin to cover it. Then she BUYS the DVD and makes me sit through them AGAIN.

This time I may slip out for a Coke and go watch Johnny Cash instead.

OffThaHorseCEO
11-22-05, 10:38 AM
i wanted to see it, but i wanted to see it in an IMAX theater, i was amazed by imax but the only thing i saw was fish swimmin around in a movie like wat we'd watch in science class...so when i heard this was comin to IMAX i actually jumped at the chance to see a real movie on it. well tickets were sold out for opening day and my other reason for watchin it was already hoping for opening day, so we went to regular theater, i wasnt dissappointed at all, i didnt have a bored moment in the movie, i wanted to go spit my gum out into the trash can in the lobby and get some water, but i didnt wanna miss the next part....we watched Jarhead the day after opening day and this movie was definitely better.....IMO

edit***btw i will see polar express on IMAX

FSU_Noles
11-22-05, 01:08 PM
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Afghanistan

:histeric: :histeric:

I was going to see it but my 5-yr old decided that she was afraid of "dragons and fire and witches" so we opted for Chicken Little.

CVP33
11-22-05, 08:07 PM
I'll see I Walk The Line, but I'll wait to see Harry Potter until it shows up on HBO.

Although in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Afghanistan the Hermoine girl was geting her bewbies....:canttalk: :p

POST OF THE DAY. That cracked me up!

ShadowLvr400
11-23-05, 12:14 PM
The movie was good, but the books are better. Same problem that the old LOTR movies had, was not following the books closely. The recent ones survived and did well because theyr were as close to the books as possible, so no nerds killed them.