: Dashboard mayhem

94eldo
12-11-03, 08:38 PM
I have a '94 eldorado that I have taken to the dealer and they can't tell me what's wrong. My dashboard information suddenly malfunctions when braking while the cruise control is set. The dashboard lights go out and come back on with memory loss to certain settings, the headlights flicker and the engine has died and restarted itself. Today the battery was totally dead but I was able to jump it and get home. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks,

GL

elwesso
12-11-03, 09:37 PM
Sounds kinda like an alternator... But id think the dealer would be able to tell that...

Make sure your electrical system is ok.... Take it to advance autoparts, autozone, or some other place like that, and they will test the battery and alternator for free....

Do you have any trouble codes????

epanightmare
12-11-03, 09:44 PM
I have a '94 eldorado that I have taken to the dealer and they can't tell me what's wrong. My dashboard information suddenly malfunctions when braking while the cruise control is set. The dashboard lights go out and come back on with memory loss to certain settings, the headlights flicker and the engine has died and restarted itself. Today the battery was totally dead but I was able to jump it and get home. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks,

GLSounds like it might be a ground problem. try checking under the dash or even on the engine for loose or broken gound wirers , the ones that bolt to the body or the engine/trans ,as these can cause some of the problems you are having ... also dose this only happen when you are using cruise control or any time? have you had any major work done to the car resently ??