: Bent 24's Please help

genovese45
11-21-05, 10:51 AM
Finally got them and 2 hours after purchasing my neighbor bent a rim. Any suggestions on where I can go to straighten a bent rim? It seems to be more economical to straighten a rim over replacing one. Please help. I should be posting pics sometime before Christmas. I no longer have internet access at home so all of my postings are done from work.

Avon Custom Wheels
11-21-05, 11:11 AM
I think your going to be out of luck. Most companies that do repair bent rims only do OEM rims, and certainally nothing over 19". To my knowledge nobody is doing that big on the East coast. Try Cali, everything starts out there.

Xrayqueen
11-21-05, 12:03 PM
Finally got them and 2 hours after purchasing my neighbor bent a rim. Any suggestions on where I can go to straighten a bent rim? It seems to be more economical to straighten a rim over replacing one. Please help. I should be posting pics sometime before Christmas. I no longer have internet access at home so all of my postings are done from work.
You should call Davis Brothers Tires in Los Angeles if you're desparate :eek: Ask for a guy name Larry. Their located at La Cienga and Washington Culver City,Calif. If the operator ask you. If its possible they can or know where to get it done. Good Luck !!!
Peace Xrayqueen :)

CTSVONFIRE
11-21-05, 06:11 PM
There's a place down here in Nashville that straightens bent wheels. Sounds like your neighbor needs to buy u a wheel.

dnyce617
11-21-05, 06:22 PM
I've used http://rimpro.com before, and they've always done a good job. Then again, they're headquartered 30 mins from me. They have a patented process and guarantee their work to fall well within factory tolerances. While the wheel can be straightened, the chrome may be damaged during the process, but for $100-$150 it's worth a try. Hopefully the bend is on the rear hoop section.

hcvone
11-22-05, 11:13 AM
There is a place near Allentown Pa (Bath) that does great work, they have fixed a few customers HRE and Fiske wheels, you may want to check them out.

http://www.wheelcollision.com

genovese45
11-22-05, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I appreciate them all. I think that the place in PA is closest for me, I will check them out and yeah the bend is on the inside. I know this cause I took it to a balancing machine and we saw where it looped. Could a bent wheel damage my truck?

8ball
11-22-05, 01:07 PM
You can try asking them, they fixed a wheel on my bike and did a great job.

http://www.supamags.com/guarantee.htm

6.0 Litre
11-22-05, 08:15 PM
If your rims are Chrome and you do get them fixed, more than likely the Chrome will be damaged from them fixing it. If you have Polished rims it would be much easier to fix. I should know I bent my rim and the shop told me if you had Chrome rims you would've had to buy a new rim. From what I understand they won't fix Chrome rims do to this chipping of the chrome.

dnyce617
11-23-05, 10:22 AM
If your rims are Chrome and you do get them fixed, more than likely the Chrome will be damaged from them fixing it. If you have Polished rims it would be much easier to fix. I should know I bent my rim and the shop told me if you had Chrome rims you would've had to buy a new rim. From what I understand they won't fix Chrome rims do to this chipping of the chrome.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if it's on the rear lip. I had a pretty good bend on the front lip of mine, and while a tiny piece of chrome chipped off, it hasn't compromised the surrounding finish at all. I could always get it rechromed, and still save a lot of money over replacing a $2g rim.

genovese45
11-23-05, 12:30 PM
Thanks all. Does anyone know if a bent rim could ruin the truck? I heard rumors of harm being done to the bearings etc. I don't know if they are just that rumors. Cause you know that the haters come out when you hook up your car/truck, so I don't know who or what to believe. It is not a bad bend it just is not a smooth ride I feel vibration.

csmooth79
11-23-05, 05:14 PM
If the vibration isnt that bad I wouldnt worry about it. These are trucks you know. Especially if it is a situation where your neighbor can't (or won't) pay for it then I guess that is the civilized way to go about it. Give him some time and ride it how it is if you can take it. Your tire wear will probably suffer from it so make sure he knows if he takes his time then he will be buying you a tire also. This way you have 5 24's incase you have a flat.