: Ufc Rules

1MEANV
11-19-05, 11:28 PM
SORRY GUYS OFF TOPIC. BUT I MUST SAY THE UFC RULES. I LOVE IT:want:

trekster
11-20-05, 12:09 AM
SORRY GUYS OFF TOPIC. BUT I MUST SAY THE UFC RULES. I LOVE IT:want:i'm sorry but k1>ufc

Luna.
11-20-05, 12:28 AM
They both rule.

UFC figher more often than not > K1 fighter though. :D

Elvis
11-20-05, 01:09 AM
and I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what either of them is talking about! :histeric:

illumina
11-20-05, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Fighting Championship. One reason I took up MMA back in the day (mid 1990's).

Rolex
11-20-05, 01:32 AM
I bought the fights and had some buddies over tonight. Great fights tonight. I was 4/4 on predictions. I'll be buying the UFC 57 on Feb 4th too. :D

ace996
11-20-05, 02:09 AM
K1>UFC????What????
Having competed in MuayThai and NHB fighting, my personal experience is that it is a different world. A great striker can do plenty but when faced with a moderate grappler, its no contest.
After 5 years of MT, I switched to Gracie via Renzo Gracie in Manhattan. It was there that I became a more-complete fighter. There are many aspects of fighting, and one must learn them all.

Don't get me wrong, anything is better than nothing and I have a real love for stand-up....it's the better bar-room style, but should the fight go to the ground you better know what to do and how to finish it.

I hate the current rules of the UFC that impose time limits and striking restrictions (no knees on the ground, no back of the head hits, no head-butts), as they are leading to a degredation of skill and an increase of the very boring "ground-and-pound" style, that is so prevalent in today's bouts.
Bring back the tournament style of fighting...8 fighters enter, one leaves the champion....that was when it was really good.

But I'm glad to see the sport didn't die, as many a critic would have liked. I know it had to evolve and become "sanctioned" to survive, but I miss the pure fighting of the old days. And mostly, I miss the underground dojo-challenges of my youth; when my joints worked and I didn't need naproxen to move the next day.....
-ace

illumina
11-20-05, 02:32 AM
K1>UFC????What????
Having competed in MuayThai and NHB fighting, my personal experience is that it is a different world. A great striker can do plenty but when faced with a moderate grappler, its no contest.
After 5 years of MT, I switched to Gracie via Renzo Gracie in Manhattan. It was there that I became a more-complete fighter. There are many aspects of fighting, and one must learn them all.

Don't get me wrong, anything is better than nothing and I have a real love for stand-up....it's the better bar-room style, but should the fight go to the ground you better know what to do and how to finish it.

I hate the current rules of the UFC that impose time limits and striking restrictions (no knees on the ground, no back of the head hits, no head-butts), as they are leading to a degredation of skill and an increase of the very boring "ground-and-pound" style, that is so prevalent in today's bouts.
Bring back the tournament style of fighting...8 fighters enter, one leaves the champion....that was when it was really good.

But I'm glad to see the sport didn't die, as many a critic would have liked. I know it had to evolve and become "sanctioned" to survive, but I miss the pure fighting of the old days. And mostly, I miss the underground dojo-challenges of my youth; when my joints worked and I didn't need naproxen to move the next day.....
-ace

Yeah, Muay Thai is a great style. I took some of that up a while ago too. I find it very practical for striking uses, even more so than the black belt I earned in Tae Kwon Do.

But because of the UFC back in the Gracie days, I went over to Jiu-Jitsu to learn some better grappling techniques to become the more complete fighter that I was meant to be...Unfortunately when you take another art while doing something under a traditional Grand Master (TKD), you're bound to get the boot from that school of study...Which I was.

ace996
11-20-05, 08:28 PM
Good for you! Find your path...YOUR PATH, not someone else's and you'd be amazed at what can happen.

If you have not done so already, obtain a copy of Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do. You don't have to follow his style, per se, but it is a great door opener for your "own way".
-ace

Elvis
11-20-05, 08:40 PM
So this is gloves-off, ass whooping until somebody passes out?

Kev
11-20-05, 08:50 PM
So this is gloves-off, ass whooping until somebody passes out?Yeah, sounds like a real hoot! :ill: :canttalk: :hitstick::kick:

Elvis
11-20-05, 08:54 PM
I think I'd rather watch jello-wrestling.

Kev
11-20-05, 09:15 PM
I'm gettin old, I'd much rather watch than participate but if I had my choice it would be a good book in the comfort of my living room.

MSMITH
11-22-05, 05:01 PM
Already have tickets on the way for #57 in Feb. Been a fan since the beginning. And just my 2c, K1 doesn't even compare.

Mike

Slywun
11-22-05, 08:12 PM
I've been a big fan since UFC1 and the Gracie days. Did anyone else think that poor Nate was just completely out-classed against Franklin?

Rolex
11-22-05, 09:08 PM
I've been a big fan since UFC1 and the Gracie days. Did anyone else think that poor Nate was just completely out-classed against Franklin?

One of the guys who was over here for the fights insisted that Quarry was going to beat Franklin. I told him the fight wouldn't go 3 rounds and Franklin would bring it to an end. I wasn't surprised he got KOd in the first. Nate hasn't really fought anybody until UFC 56 (shame his "somebody had to be Franklin). He's a decent fighter, but obviously not champion material.

I know where I'm going to be come Feb 4th!! :lildevil: Woot...UFC 57...Coture and Liddell III.

Slywun
11-22-05, 10:24 PM
He's a decent fighter, but obviously not champion material.

I know where I'm going to be come Feb 4th!! :lildevil: Woot...UFC 57...Coture and Liddell III.

That's awesome, hope you have a good time. I've been trying to talk my friend into going out to Vegas for one of the events (without success). You'll have to let me know how it was in person.

I think Nate would be out-classed even with the likes of Evan Tanner....maybe the middle weight class doesn't have the depth needed.

MSMITH
11-23-05, 11:51 AM
That knockout of Nate is sure to turn up on one of the UFC Ultimate Knockout videos. I've seen some good ones but Nate got hammered. Couture/Liddell 3 is gonna be one of the biggest yet.

And yes, Evan Tanner would kick the living s**t out of Nate.