: Need Technical Help for Engine swaping...

surftool64
12-11-03, 05:28 PM
:disappoin I'm looking to buy a Northstar out of a 1994 Deville and put it in a 1994 STS. What parts will I need to swap from my old engine to the one I'm getting from the salvage yard. I saw something about the cams being the only thing that is different on the two engines...is that true? The Deville is a Vin Y and my STS is a Vin 9. I'm hoping it's do-able since I found this engine for $700 and everywhere else I've looked they are at least 2 grand.

epanightmare
12-11-03, 10:55 PM
:disappoin I'm looking to buy a Northstar out of a 1994 Deville and put it in a 1994 STS. What parts will I need to swap from my old engine to the one I'm getting from the salvage yard. I saw something about the cams being the only thing that is different on the two engines...is that true? The Deville is a Vin Y and my STS is a Vin 9. I'm hoping it's do-able since I found this engine for $700 and everywhere else I've looked they are at least 2 grand.
yes it's true!! it can be swaped and it's a dirrect bolt in and the runs just fine..
I,ve done this swap with customers cars and have had no compaints or problems so far.. the vin#9 motors seem to be alot harder to find in salvage yards and when you do they usually cost alot more ..:rolleyes: