: Radio to the Power of X

Elvis
11-19-05, 01:33 PM
Here's a good topic--since all the new Caddys come with XM built-in,

WHAT ARE YOUR PRESETS?

I've had XM since early-2002. I'm an addict. My wife has one too, but she doesn't love it like I do. I listen online a lot too. I have unusual musical tastes.

Here's what I listen to most of the time...

4,5,6,7,8 (Decades--I like 'em all)

13 - Hank's Place (when I'm in the right mood)

70 - Real Jazz
73 - Frank's Place
74 - Bluesville

78 - On the Rocks -- I LOVE that old "exotica" style music. This channel is no longer broadcast, but you can still access it online.

95 - Luna

150-151 When I need 2 laugh.

164 - I'm getting hooked on old-time radio. I listened to Gunsmoke this morning when I was running errands.

All those news channels are nice to have when something big is going on.

urbanski
11-19-05, 04:11 PM
Elvis,

I did my 3 month trial and let it expire. I just listen to CDs now. In fact, the bloody XM module on my rear deck rattles like a mother...had to put 2 layers of dynamat on it to shut it up :p

SpeedyArizona
11-19-05, 04:44 PM
I couldn't live without XM anymore! I usually listen to:

CH10 America (classic country)
CH13 Hank's Place (traditional country)
CH121 Fox News
CH150 XM Comedy
CH152 Extreme XM
CH166
CH171 Trucker's Radio
CH224 Phoenix Traffic and Weather (this channel has literally saved me hours off my commute time!)

Stoneage_Caddy
11-20-05, 01:40 PM
Tampa (traffic)
60s
70s
80s
90s
Top Tracks

Jesda
11-20-05, 02:52 PM
60s through 90s.
KISS
20 on 20
Frank's Place
Cafe
Nashville
Highway 16 Country
Squizz
Suite 62
Ethel
Top Tracks
U-Pop
Fox News
Comedy xL
O&A

I -love- XM. I recently visited the XMFan.com store in St Louis and picked up a home kit and extension wires. Now I can enjoy 150+ channels in my bedroom.

Rolex
11-20-05, 03:24 PM
11, 12, 16 - country channels

20, 21, 22 - a lot of top forty stuff

That's basically what I listen to on a daily basis. On longer road trips I'll listen to talk radio. There's also an uncensored comedy channel that helps pass the time on long trips.

Elvis
11-20-05, 06:19 PM
I -love- XM. I recently visited the XMFan.com store in St Louis and picked up a home kit and extension wires. Now I can enjoy 150+ channels in my bedroom.

You can also listen on line, they have some free software called "XaMp" that's really good. It lets you easily scan all the channels and see what's playing on other stations so you can jump around. Try it out!

Jesda
11-21-05, 01:19 AM
You can also listen on line, they have some free software called "XaMp" that's really good. It lets you easily scan all the channels and see what's playing on other stations so you can jump around. Try it out!

XMOnline is missing news channels, and my torrents use up most of my extra bandwidth.

powerglide
11-21-05, 03:49 AM
No one uses SIRIUS?

Jesda
11-21-05, 09:36 AM
Sirius is equally good for programming, but the equipment choices have prevented me from signing up.

Elvis
11-21-05, 09:44 AM
XMOnline is missing news channels, and my torrents use up most of my extra bandwidth.

I guess the rationale behind that is, if you're at home you have access to the television stations via cable or dish.

You must have a lot of active torrents. Outgoing or incoming?

Jesda
11-21-05, 09:54 AM
Incoming. I watch all my TV shows by downloading. Its like a free Tivo!

Elvis
11-21-05, 11:22 AM
Incoming. I watch all my TV shows by downloading. Its like a free Tivo!

I've been doing that, too! But I only watch three or four shows now. It might be a problem if there were 10 or more a week. It sure is nice, no commercials, better quality video, better sound.

I usually start the downloads early on Thursday morning and they're all done by the end of the day. Sometimes even by noon.

slk230mb
11-21-05, 11:37 AM
No one uses SIRIUS?

I do. I got it for the car as a Christmas gift last year. I like it. My friend has XM, for Opie and Anthony, and other than sports I'd say the programming music-wise is very similar.

Elvis
11-21-05, 02:24 PM
The next step is television. It's already available, but I think it's a little too expensive.

I made my decision in 2001, and I think I would still choose XM because of the baseball package. Football would be nice, but I listen to baseball all the time.

I'd like more old Jazz channels, maybe even a Frank's Place II. They need more in this area. It seems like they have R&B and Top 40 more than covered. There are at least five Latin stations. Even classical has three or four channels. Blues should be split into old and new blues channels.