: !temperature display problem!

lawnpatio
11-18-05, 08:19 PM
I have a 1999 Catera and when I started my car this afternoon, the temperature display area above the stereo did not turn on. I can't turn on my heat/ac or see the temp outside. In addition, the automatic feature for the headlights won't turn on either. Could a fuse be blown? If so, does anyone know which one it could be. I'm freaking out because I live in Michigan and its freezing out...I have to get the heat fixed as soon as possible. Any ideas or similar problems? :crying2:

inconnu
11-18-05, 08:26 PM
I have the same problem once in a while but it comes back on its own,i have checked all the fuses too,disconnecting the battery for a while might help but you will have to reprogram the roof and the windows,i am still unable to find the problem if you do let me know.

lawnpatio
11-18-05, 08:27 PM
When you say that it will come back on its own - do you mean eventually while driving or days later?

inconnu
11-18-05, 09:43 PM
once it came on within few hours and next time it took one whole day,and i did disconnected the battery both times i dont know if that had something to do with its coming back on or not.

figgie
11-18-05, 10:53 PM
oh oh i know this problem

along with all the other aligning problems i had with my cat. This was one of them.

The fix is free

Though requires the A/C panel to come out.

It turns out that cadillac has a little plug inside of the A/C panel that becomes lose with time. Mine came lose and had no A/C Function and the auto lights didn't work either. I took the a/c panel out and disassembled it and found the loose plug (located on the passenger side). Reconnected it and it worked like a champ :)

lawnpatio
11-18-05, 11:31 PM
Figgie,
Whats the best way to take apart the AC panel??

lawnpatio
11-21-05, 04:32 PM
Found out the problem was just a loose fuse. I tore apart the whole dash first...should of checked the fuses first.

Boris
12-09-05, 08:20 PM
OK,
I just lost my display yesterday although the lights still work.

Which fuse was loose ??
What plug inside the AC panel was loose ??
Got any pictures ????

I'll be pulling my AC panel tomorrow, hope it is just loose wiring.

BTW, I have a 97 Cat.