: 02 STS simple things to help performance

TumTumSTS
11-18-05, 03:12 AM
Whats up, I own A 02 STS and i was wanting to know what are some of the simplest and least invasive things I could do to increase performance from my Northstar? Thanx for all replies.

Jesda
11-18-05, 04:06 AM
Bump. :)

Ranger
11-18-05, 09:59 AM
Since you are new to the forum I repeat what we have been told by a well respected former member who was extremely knowledgable (to say the least) about the Northstar. GM developed it as a high performance engine and "All the low hanging fruit has been picked at the factory. Nothing was left on the table". The engine already produces 1 hp per cubic inch of displacement. In other words, GM already did it for you. Opening up the exhaust may give you some minor gains but that is about it. Save your money for maintanence and enjoy the fireball as it is.

caddydaddy
11-18-05, 10:49 AM
Installing the Corsa cat-back system is a must have for a Northstar!

mcowden
11-18-05, 11:22 AM
Installing the Corsa cat-back system is a must have for a Northstar!

How much does a cat-back Corsa system cost? What are the gains?

caddydaddy
11-18-05, 12:18 PM
http://www.corsaperf.com/devilleseville.htm

Dyno results show a 21.7 HP gain on a 2000 STS.

http://www.corsaperf.com/STSdyno.jpg

As for price, I'd search around. Anywhere near $900 is a good price for it.

And the best part is the sound! It's bad ass when you're on the throttle, but barely much more sound than stock when cruising.

TumTumSTS
11-18-05, 03:18 PM
I didnt know that the Northstar was classified as high performance, I loved it before I knew this now its borderline freaky!! I have to sit on my hands to keep from clapping.

caddydaddy
11-18-05, 03:40 PM
I didnt know that the Northstar was classified as high performance, I loved it before I knew this now its borderline freaky!! I have to sit on my hands to keep from clapping.

Well to put it this way, the '05 Mustang 4.6 V8 finally caught up with 300 HP, and the Northstar has had 300 HP since 1995! And everyone knows Mustangs are high performance! Most of them anyways! :)