: Non-regulation Salute To The H2

thu
11-16-05, 04:01 PM
http://www.fuh2.com/

Interesting link about what some people think about the H2 (what I call a 'Hummer wannabe'). There's also a 'Fan/Hate Mail' section where there are some pretty intense war-of-words going on.

Reminds me of the looks I used to get when driving my giant Ford Super Duty Diesel.

Jesda
11-16-05, 04:38 PM
I always consider the Prius the ultimate poseur vehicle. Old Honda hatchbacks and small diesels are better on fuel economy and less environmentally damaging to build and scrap. Folks buy the Prius to look socially conscious, without achieving much of anything.

thu
11-16-05, 04:45 PM
I'd have to agree with you on that. The VW TDI (Turbo Diesel) can get upwards of 60MPG. Some guys at www.tdiclub.com are getting 800 to 1,000 miles per tank.

SpeedyArizona
11-16-05, 04:56 PM
All their information is completely out of date.

The H2 is a tax loophole. Under the current tax laws, business owners can deduct nearly half the cost of their H2s. If you are in the highest tax bracket, that's a tax savings of nearly $10,000! The government rewards you more savings for buying an H2 than you'd get for buying an electric car.

That was more than 2 years ago! Only vehicles $30,000 and under can qualify now.

The H2 is a death machine. You'd better hope that you don't collide with an H2 in your economy car. You can kiss your ass goodbye thanks to the H2's massive weight and raised bumpers. Too bad you couldn't afford an urban assault vehicle of your own. Or could you...?

Just be glad that YOUR the one in the H2 ;)!

thu
11-16-05, 06:11 PM
Just be glad that YOUR the one in the H2 ;)!
SIZE wins (in an accident, that is).

Night Wolf
11-16-05, 06:38 PM
I always consider the Prius the ultimate poseur vehicle. Old Honda hatchbacks and small diesels are better on fuel economy and less environmentally damaging to build and scrap. Folks buy the Prius to look socially conscious, without achieving much of anything.

yup, I agree.....

for an econo car, give me a VW Jetta TDI, must be a manual. MKIII all the way to the new ones.

ben72227
11-16-05, 08:32 PM
yup, I agree.....

for an econo car, give me a VW Jetta TDI, must be a manual. MKIII all the way to the new ones.

You can have that German nightmare. For MY econo car, I want something that's reliable, efficient, and FUN TO DRIVE. Give me a MAZDA3!

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/images/vehicles/gallery/M3S/pho_gallery_M3S_ext7.jpg

danbuc
11-16-05, 11:20 PM
Diesel Chevette..hehe.