Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The ATS came through today for me.

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  duneless 
#1 · (Edited)
I woke up to 2 of my vehicles with dead batteries. My wife went to leave in the Pilot and that was dead because my daughter left the door open when parked in the garage. So yeah had to let her drive the caddy. I normally will jump any dead batteries with my TJ. Well I moved that the day before and left it in the run position. That was dead. The ATS jumped them both in minutes of hook up.

Just posting because I laughed when I got them in position for the jump. I had to take a pic. I never have 2 batteries dead at the same time. I went out to jump the Pilot with my TJ and it was also dead at the time.

See less See more
#3 ·
How old is the Pilot? I'd expect the older Jeep to go dead but the Cadillac you can leave the door, trunk, etc open and they will turn off automatically after a while. I know because I leave them all open in the garage after I wash it and dry the sills, etc. to let any remaining water evaporate. Would have thought the Honda would do the same.

#4 · (Edited)
Man that Pilot is a 2010 and the damn thing is a problem to me. If the doors or trunk are left open or on nothing shuts off. It will just run the battery dry. This is more than 10 times it has died. Now this is a new battery just a month old and went dead.Trying to get the wife to trade it in for a 4 door wrangler. She is almost there. But she loves all the room in that bus.

And my jeep you can take the key out when it is running. Sometimes it falls out while driving. This time I shut it off and it was in the run position.

----------

Thanks, the rims on the jeep are off my BMW I sold. They were 3 weeks old and sold the car because I had it with the last break down. I bought adapters to switch over to 5x120. They were so new I didn't want to sell them. I have some super swampers in the garage that are normally on it.The rims will come off soon and put those on.
Nice!

By the way, nice rims on the ATS and the Jeep :)

#5 ·
duneless said:
I woke up to 2 of my vehicles with dead batteries. My wife went to leave in the Pilot and that was dead because my daughter left the door open when parked in the garage. So yeah had to let her drive the caddy. I normally will jump any dead batteries with my TJ. Well I moved that the day before and left it in the run position. That was dead. The ATS jumped them both in minutes of hook up. Just posting because I laughed when I got them in position for the jump. I had to take a pic. I never have 2 batteries dead at the same time. I went out to jump the Pilot with my TJ and it was also dead at the time.http://s40.photobucket.com/user/duneless/media/IMAG0683_zpssbng9jwb.jpg.htmlhttp://s40.photobucket.com/user/duneless/media/IMAG0685_zpssetpuwgm.jpg.html
What are the rims in your caddy?! I like them ally. How much were they and where did you get them.

#10 ·
duneless said:
I woke up to 2 of my vehicles with dead batteries. My wife went to leave in the Pilot and that was dead because my daughter left the door open when parked in the garage. So yeah had to let her drive the caddy. I normally will jump any dead batteries with my TJ. Well I moved that the day before and left it in the run position. That was dead. The ATS jumped them both in minutes of hook up. Just posting because I laughed when I got them in position for the jump. I had to take a pic. I never have 2 batteries dead at the same time. I went out to jump the Pilot with my TJ and it was also dead at the time.http://s40.photobucket.com/user/duneless/media/IMAG0683_zpssbng9jwb.jpg.htmlhttp://s40.photobucket.com/user/duneless/media/IMAG0685_zpssetpuwgm.jpg.html
Haven't been on the forum much since I got rid of the ATS, your caddy is looking good! I really like the wheels, these are not the same wheels you had before are they? Anyway, they look perfect in the photo.

#11 ·
Thanks man. No I bought those in the spring. The others where so old they wouldn't hold air anymore. It was just something I was trying since I had them. It gave me something to do over the winter and early spring to strip them and paint em. I always need something to do. I knew I would get some new ones soon after. Second set as they got trashed hitting a raised structure in the road at 40mph. They paid for new ones.

I didn't know you sold your ATS. Problems with it? Or just needed something else? You miss it or you have something better?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.