: Dell is trying to become "hip"

SpeedyArizona
11-14-05, 11:29 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10038921/

Dell is now out with their new XPS line of super-computers, and are re-inventing their image as a "hip" computer company (aren't they already that?). Maybe I'll need to get an XPS notebook, my computer is already 2 years old:cookoo: !

ben72227
11-14-05, 11:59 PM
If I were getting a notebook, I'd probably get an Apple:lildevil:

If I were getting a desktop, I'd build it myself. While my Dell is good (Dimmension 4600), its had its share of problems (most notbably being the failure of the hard drive), and I'm hesitant to ever buy a Dell product again when I could just build a system with "XPS" specs for about half the price that Dell charges...

It seems to me Dell is just trying to do a bad rippoff of Falcon Northwest and Alienware...Hmmm....

psykiv
11-15-05, 12:53 AM
I just don't care about computers as much as I used to anymore.

Right now, it has gotten to the point that unless something truely revolutionary happens, there is really no need to get a new computer so often for normal use.

I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot for saying this, because my business does revolve around computers and sales, but honestly, unless your computer is at least 4 years old, under normal use, you probably wont notice the difference.

About two years ago, I had a p4 2.4ghz. I've actually been downgrading since then, and now I'm at an athlon 1800. I don't have a use for it.

I do have a 3.73 extreme edition here on my desk catching dust though :(.

powerglide
11-15-05, 02:13 AM
Dell Inspiron 7500 here...running P3 at 600 MHz, 256 MB Ram, 11 Gig HD.....its about 5 years old now but, its fallin apart but its good enough for most everything I do at home for now.....but its long overdue for a replacement.

I paid almost 3G's for it back in the day (and it was a refurb!)...I gotta get my moenys worth :D

Jesda
11-15-05, 06:18 AM
Not seeing anything stylish about that. Nice try Dell. Go back to building widgets.

Boombotz
11-15-05, 06:25 AM
My mom just got a Dell and it has crashed twice lost all her info. Thay keep having people come over and have her send parts in. It must be a lemon what a piece of Shit!! Atleast they fix it everytime I guess it could be alot worse.

RobertCTS
11-15-05, 08:02 AM
I've had 5 Dells. (3) Dimension 2400. here at the business Mine Dell has 1 gig of RAM for photo work. I've not had any problems with my Dells. I had a laptop but really don't like operating one. To many limitations for me.