: 05 srx ultraview problems!~

italiantnt
11-14-05, 04:36 PM
ok i have a 05 srx awd, the roof opens fine but when it closes about 1/2 way it starts to vibrate, stops and pushes open again. and when i hold down the button it closes, sometimes normal and sometimes really, really slow. almost like it wont close....please advise...

djfcars
11-15-05, 12:11 AM
Italiant-
Look at my thread "Bet your ultraview dosen't do this" for some help. The silicone spray trick worked for me. Sure, I could of taken it in for service, but I figured I would try to fix it.

djfcars

gjnockie
11-22-05, 09:27 PM
My roof is doing the exact same thing! I hardly ever open it, but today I did and when I tried to close the roof it stopped half way...sort of jerked and opened back up by itself. I did not think it was going to close at all. The roof motor sounded very weak. I had to pull on it with my hand while holding down on the switch to get it closed. I won't try to open it again!

My car has been great except for the roof, I wish I never got it. The roof is a joke, Cadillac has to know that the roof is a big mistake! It creaks squeaks and is a pain in the axx.

I guess I will have to bring to the dealer which is another nightmare!

05 SRX 2WD

DG2
11-23-05, 09:09 PM
My roof is doing the exact same thing! I hardly ever open it, but today I did and when I tried to close the roof it stopped half way...sort of jerked and opened back up by itself. I did not think it was going to close at all. The roof motor sounded very weak. I had to pull on it with my hand while holding down on the switch to get it closed. I won't try to open it again!

My car has been great except for the roof, I wish I never got it. The roof is a joke, Cadillac has to know that the roof is a big mistake! It creaks squeaks and is a pain in the axx.

I guess I will have to bring to the dealer which is another nightmare!

05 SRX 2WD

The noise will come and go from the ultraview. I have had my '04 SRX for 2 years and 32,000 miles and rarely creaks. However, I did bring it to the dealer a couple of times for lube.

It is a nice feature that other makes have copied ( BMW X5, Jeep , Nissan Quest , Land Rover). Cadillac needs to get some of the bugs out of this design which by far has the most risk as it has the largest single piece of glass.

Enjoy your SRX ....:thumbsup: