: Just want to share this feeling...

70eldo
11-14-05, 10:50 AM
I been posting here about my speeding on the Autobahn. I do have to add that this is pretty new to me too. This is something exclusive to Germany and since I am from Holland where the max speed is 125Mph and just moved to Germany since last year december, this thrills me just as it would thrill you.

Now, when I have to drive back to Holland once in a while for the weekend, I hit speeds up to 150Mph.:sneaky: Great feeling! But last night I drove back to Hamburg and I passed a police car at high speed. I don't know about you folks, but I always try to behave when I see a police car. Some nervous feeling... So passing this police car at 220kmh nearly gave me heart failure. I was instantly affraid I was speeding illegally. So in that instant moment I just kept my foot on the pedal and blasted passed him, so he wouldn't be able to read my license plates... just in case. The weirdest thoughts crossed my mind you know...:bonkers:

Even still, I am wondering if I could go that fast legally on that particular stretch. I been passed by cars going that fast on that stretch when I was still driving my Chrysler Voyager Diesel Van in the beginning, but still i am not sure... :hmm:

RobertCTS
11-14-05, 11:30 AM
Here in the States if they get your license number you may still get the ticket some time later. I surprised your ECM allowed you to go 150mph.

Elvis
11-14-05, 02:15 PM
Here in the States if they get your license number you may still get the ticket some time later. I surprised your ECM allowed you to go 150mph.

I'm surprised a Chrysler Voyager Diesel will go over 85.

mccombie_5
11-14-05, 02:21 PM
LOL

Indeed, i wanna et over to Germany waiting until next year when i (might) have a Bentley.

I wanna know what Arnage can REALLY do.

Elvis
11-14-05, 02:22 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, the Voyager was a Plymouth in the US.

In that case, I lower my expectation to 75 mph.

Playdrv4me
11-14-05, 05:24 PM
I think he said he was passed by vehicles going that fast when he was in the Van.

Elvis
11-14-05, 05:26 PM
If you're going 75 or even 85 in a Voyager, how can you tell whether the other guy is doing 120 or 150?

Playdrv4me
11-14-05, 05:30 PM
Id say if youre going 85 in a vehicle and someone flies by doing almost twice your speed its pretty easy to venture a guess they have to be going at least 120. Obviously you wouldnt know exactly how fast they were going, but someone going that much faster is pretty obvious. Perhaps I am wrong, but there is no way I can believe any van will handle safely or even be able to make it to 120mph, especially a diesel.

Night Wolf
11-14-05, 07:43 PM

maybe it was the 1970 Eldorado?

THAT would be hella cool..... run that thing flat out...sheesh.... IIRC the '70 Eldo can hit 130mph or so....

Spyder
11-15-05, 03:47 AM
Playdrv4me...have you ever read Cannonball!, by Brock Yates?!? The MoonTrash II averaged 70.0 mph, including fuel stops...which he claimed was far below what it was capable of. There was a wheel vibration early on that limited their speed to a mere 80 mph. It was a fourty hour and fifty one minute drive...there was also a chevy van, in a later race, which ran the same distance in thirty six hours and fourty seven minutes. Not sure of the difference in speed, but it must have been a bit higher average. I know, its nowhere near 150 or even 120, but fun stuff, still the same. GREAT book, if anyone out there has not read it, I recommend it wholeheartedly...

fast66
11-15-05, 03:57 AM
I been posting here about my speeding on the Autobahn. I do have to add that this is pretty new to me too. This is something exclusive to Germany and since I am from Holland where the max speed is 125Mph and just moved to Germany since last year december, this thrills me just as it would thrill you.

Now, when I have to drive back to Holland once in a while for the weekend, I hit speeds up to 150Mph.:sneaky: Great feeling! But last night I drove back to Hamburg and I passed a police car at high speed. I don't know about you folks, but I always try to behave when I see a police car. Some nervous feeling... So passing this police car at 220kmh nearly gave me heart failure. I was instantly affraid I was speeding illegally. So in that instant moment I just kept my foot on the pedal and blasted passed him, so he wouldn't be able to read my license plates... just in case. The weirdest thoughts crossed my mind you know...:bonkers:

Even still, I am wondering if I could go that fast legally on that particular stretch. I been passed by cars going that fast on that stretch when I was still driving my Chrysler Voyager Diesel Van in the beginning, but still i am not sure... :hmm:

I was doing the same from Cologne to Amsterdam going 220-240khm and infront of cops in both germany and holland. not a single cop stopped us but we were in a nice rented car if that made a difference.

there are cameras all over the highways so i dont think cops really car there and they let the cameras do the work.

RobertCTS
11-15-05, 05:22 AM
Playdrv4me...have you ever read Cannonball!, by Brock Yates?!? The MoonTrash II averaged 70.0 mph, including fuel stops...which he claimed was far below what it was capable of. There was a wheel vibration early on that limited their speed to a mere 80 mph. It was a fourty hour and fifty one minute drive...there was also a chevy van, in a later race, which ran the same distance in thirty six hours and fourty seven minutes. Not sure of the difference in speed, but it must have been a bit higher average. I know, its nowhere near 150 or even 120, but fun stuff, still the same. GREAT book, if anyone out there has not read it, I recommend it wholeheartedly...

Made for a funny movie too:yup:

Spyder
11-15-05, 12:46 PM
Yea, one of my downfalls, I've not actually seen the damn thing yet...any of them, for that matter...there were a bunch of Cannonball based movies...not just the ones that share the name...Brock was a badass...