: Just had timeserts installed.

brmurph
11-13-05, 10:53 AM
Picked up the car from the dealer on Friday night. Total labor was $2992.00 total parts was $392.80 for a grand total of $3384.00. I thought that was a pretty fair price, especially since the warranty company has approved payment :-) and the fact that they installed all 20 timeserts.

There are a couple of issues I need to resolve though. When I first picked the car up I just left the parking lot and gave it some gas when I could hear and feel a shudder (sounded like an exist leak) this only happened under power. The dealer was real helpful and said sometimes the motor doesn't align correctly so they realigned it while I waited. This alignment really helped but I can still feel the shudder under certain loads (of course it is not consistent). Anyone have any comments on what this really is?

Second problem appears to be a large vacuum leak?? All I know is that anytime you give the car some gas the AC quits blowing out the top vents and starts blowing out the defroster (which I believe is the default location). Any thoughts where the leak could be?

Neither of these problems existed before the head gasket job.

Thanks.

Ranger
11-13-05, 12:04 PM
The defroster is the default mode so your second problem is indeed a vacuum leak. Some vacuum line was not reconnected properly.

Caddyshack100
11-14-05, 10:04 PM
For your vacuum leak, try looking under the passenger side fender near the front, that is where the vacuum Bottle is located. Then trace the line back to where you will find the break, probably somewhere under the battery or the silver A/C line, it is located very close to the motor at that point. If you are losing vacuum, you will probably find that your cruise control works very slowly. Hope this helps you.

auroradude
11-14-05, 11:45 PM
Woah man, what warranty company u have? Its not GMPP is it?? I wanna know cause if its aftermarket, Im gonna get it before i have a head gasket or transmission blown apart

mcowden
11-15-05, 05:16 PM
Woah man, what warranty company u have? Its not GMPP is it?? I wanna know cause if its aftermarket, Im gonna get it before i have a head gasket or transmission blown apart

None of the warranty companies will write a policy on an 11-year-old car, and even if they did, it would probably cost more than the car is worth. Just save up the cash yourself and pay for it if you have to. If it never happens, you'll be that far ahead and can go on a nice vacation. If you never use your warranty, some warranty company executive goes on a nice vacation and you get nothing.

mcowden
11-15-05, 05:18 PM
Picked up the car from the dealer on Friday night. Total labor was $2992.00 total parts was $392.80 for a grand total of $3384.00. I thought that was a pretty fair price, especially since the warranty company has approved payment :-) and the fact that they installed all 20 timeserts.
There are a couple of issues I need to resolve though. When I first picked the car up I just left the parking lot and gave it some gas when I could hear and feel a shudder (sounded like an exist leak) this only happened under power. The dealer was real helpful and said sometimes the motor doesn't align correctly so they realigned it while I waited. This alignment really helped but I can still feel the shudder under certain loads (of course it is not consistent). Anyone have any comments on what this really is?
Second problem appears to be a large vacuum leak?? All I know is that anytime you give the car some gas the AC quits blowing out the top vents and starts blowing out the defroster (which I believe is the default location). Any thoughts where the leak could be?
Neither of these problems existed before the head gasket job.
Thanks.

Why don't you take it back to the shop that did the head gasket job and complain that they hosed up your car? If it didn't exist before they worked on it, they must have screwed it up and are liable for the repairs. Did they give you a warranty on the repairs?

brmurph
11-15-05, 07:15 PM
Why don't you take it back to the shop that did the head gasket job and complain that they hosed up your car? If it didn't exist before they worked on it, they must have screwed it up and are liable for the repairs. Did they give you a warranty on the repairs?

I will be taking it back to the shop tomorrow, I just like to have an idea what the problems could be before I bring it to the shop. Many times this board and others have been able to come up with the problem before the dealer does.

Thanks.

auroradude
11-16-05, 09:34 PM
Ah, lmao i shouldve bought a 99 with like 20k. Im sure I will keep having problems -- that wont ever end on the 95. I dont mind the 3 and 400 dollar jobs every other month or so, its just the 6 and 700 dollar ones i have been doing are just absolute bs. I dont even drive it hard all the time.