: HotWheels Fetish?

SpeedyArizona
11-12-05, 08:06 PM
While at Walmart this afternoon, I was about to check out and along comes a grown man with a cart full of little HotWheels cars:bonkers: ! There must've been around 70 or such diecast cars, but why? I was standing in line for a bit so I started to chat with him about his "obsession". He said that his whole collection has around 1800 HotWheels!

It was intriguing that someone accually collects these little cars, I know that when I was little I played with them, but wow! Does anybody else know anyone that does this?

P.S. I also bought 2 HotWheels, a Ford GT40 and a Cadillac Sixteen.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 08:10 PM
While at Walmart this afternoon, I was about to check out and along comes a grown man with a cart full of little HotWheels cars:bonkers: ! There must've been around 70 or such diecast cars, but why? I was standing in line for a bit so I started to chat with him about his "obsession". He said that his whole collection has around 1800 HotWheels!

It was intriguing that someone accually collects these little cars, I know that when I was little I played with them, but wow! Does anybody else know anyone that does this?

P.S. I also bought 2 HotWheels, a Ford GT40 and a Cadillac Sixteen.

I collect Matchbox.

I have about 200 give or take, but i dont buy many of them new, although i have some. I get alot of them from ebay, and i have a few glass cabinets in my office full of them, it looks really good in there.

Just something i do for a bi tof fun, i wouldnt fill a shopping cart though!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-12-05, 08:33 PM
theres probably around 1100 -1200 hotwheels in my collection , a good 3/4 is sitting in air conditioned storeage ...

I stopped "collecting" 2 years ago and i now only buy ones i like , i was going out and buying every car in each series ....

however my 1:18 and 1:24 diecast collection grows like crazy ...

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 10:50 PM
They're not really my scale of preference. I'm more of a fan of 1:24 and 1:18.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-12-05, 11:21 PM
yeah when I was younger, I had around 150-200 Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars at any given time. But now I gave those to my youngest brother, and I "collect" 1:18 scale cars. I believe I have 15 of those.

zonie77
11-13-05, 02:19 AM
Yeah, SpeedyArizona collects them! Hey, we all collect them. I started buying the ones that I had owned the real cars of. Then bought some of the series. Now I laid off. Don't have anywhere to display them.

There's a body shop on Cave Creek rd, south of Cactus, that had a big display.

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 09:50 AM
I collect select 1 18 diecasts of NASCAR racecars. Most are Hendrick Motors Drivers.

I have a one of a kind. It's a Cadillac CTS with Jeff Gordon's Racing trim and flames.:p