Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  urbanski 
#1 ·
This afternoon i bought two cars. One 1999 Cadillac Deville. One 2005 Buick Lacrosse. I part ex'ed two against them, one Vauxhall Astra GSi, one Rover 114Gta.

Deville was $10500, with shiping, and the Lacrosse was already in this country, so no shipping, and he reduced it to $26000 from a list price of $33000.

The Deville is black, with cream leather, 48,000 miles, CD multistack, BOSE and a moonroof.

The Lacrosse is the CXS model, black onyx/neautral and ebony sandstone leather, 00,073 miles on the odo!

It has options, but im not sure what was standard on the CXS and what wasnt, i'll do some research.

Nice Eh?

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah man nice cars! The Deville sounds like its in a beautifiul color combo. Black w/ tan leather. Black is probably the best color for Cadillacs

#3 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Yeah man nice cars! The Deville sounds like its in a beautifiul color combo. Black w/ tan leather. Black is probably the best color for Cadillacs
Indeed, Cadillacs look much better in black, although i like black cars anyway.

I dropped two hot hatches for these big sedans, but i think ti was a worthy swap, he took them away on his flatbed.

Some pics for representation, mine were in these colours, but the Rover was in much better condition, and my Astra was stock with about 36000 miles, not bad for a 94.

#5 ·
powerglide said:
Congrats! I'd had a feeling you wouldn't be able to resist the Buick (at that price!)

Lets see pic!

btw they don't need to do any mods to the emmisions, lights, etc to make them street legal?
I'll take pics in the light tomorrow. Its dark here at like 5pm now. I will ram the camera into a wall if it wont upload!

The lights need to be turned slightly to face the left of the road, as i belive yours are pointed slightly to the right, otherwise all is fine.

#8 ·
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
Congrats Uncle Craig!!! when you getting a DTS and a Fleetwood?/ me both of those?
LOL, Claire wants a new DTS, but that wont be until next eyar now, always looking, home and abroad (internet) for a Fleetwood, but alot of them are screwed over badly.

Who bought Fleetwoods new? I always wondered this, because the Deville was bought by the older generation. THe Fleetwood was bigge, but similarly styled, it confuses me.

#9 ·
mccombie_5 said:
LOL, Claire wants a new DTS, but that wont be until next eyar now, always looking, home and abroad (internet) for a Fleetwood, but alot of them are screwed over badly.

Who bought Fleetwoods new? I always wondered this, because the Deville was bought by the older generation. THe Fleetwood was bigge, but similarly styled, it confuses me.
my grandpa always bought Fleetwoods new. started buying them in the 60s. the last Fleetwood he bought was a 94 Fleetwood. after they quit making them he basically quit Cadillac altogether. well in the 80s he bought the Broughams but i remember him saying he didnt care for them that much. he loved his 94 and he rarely ever drove it save for Sundays. well he sold it to a neighbor who offered him good money for it for his sons first car. it was wrecked about 3 months after he sold it. he has a Chrysler 300C now. that is one of the many reasons i love Fleetwoods. my cousin (God rest his soul) would only drive Fleetwoods. he had 2 of them. sold one and the other was sold after he died.

#11 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Ah, so those who were slightly more used to the big Cadillacs of the pre 70s.

Theyre nice, i could see myself driving one, but maybe with a billet grille :p

Anything like the ride in this 99 ive got and ill be on:cloud9: :cloud9:
Fleetwoods ride alot better than Devilles. i drove a 99 a long while back and it was nothing to my Fleetwood. well nothing rides like a Fleetwood. a billet grille huh? they make them. the only time my granpa didnt buy a Fleetwood was 1977 when he got a Lincoln Continental. he traded it in 1978 for a Fleetwood. oh he traded his 74 Fleetwood for the Lincoln. this is all told to me by my dad, i was just a sperm in my pappy's sack back then.

#12 ·
Well this 99 is soo smooth, i cannot imagine what a Fleetwood will be like!

Indeed, my Grandfather only drove Rovers, well, i posted about the one my grandmother kept in her garage for 16 years after he died.......

Indeed, sometimes i forget yuou were only born in 1985 Adam, LOL.

#13 ·
mccombie_5 said:
Well this 99 is soo smooth, i cannot imagine what a Fleetwood will be like!

Indeed, my Grandfather only drove Rovers, well, i posted about the one my grandmother kept in her garage for 16 years after he died.......

Indeed, sometimes i forget yuou were only born in 1985 Adam, LOL.
just wait, it has the best ride in the world. updated my sig... whaddya think?

#18 ·
Argh!

New Buick Lacrosse + Starbucks = Mess!

Well, i had to pop into the office for an hour today and do a bit of photography, so i drove into town in the Buick. It was the rememberence service so traffic was busy. About 4:30 town had quietened down, i was about to go home when i decided to stop at Starbucks for a coffee. The street it is on is really a pedestrian zone, but there is a small part of it where you can get away with parking for short periods, since i was only getting a latte, and was sitting outside with it anyway (outdoor heaters :D) i thought id park there.

A woman leaves Starbucks with a HUGE coffee, she started walking along the pavement to where her car was parked (behind mine) she tripped over, coffee went all over my damn Buick!! :crying: :bomb:

I got up and went over, helped her up, and she asked if it was my car, i told her yes, she apologised and offered me some cash to get ti washed, i told her not to worry abot it and helped her to her car. Ive just spent 20 minutes out in the garage washing the damn car!

#19 ·
Nice pickups Uncle Craig!! We are Buick buddies too now. Can't wait to see pics. LowLow you forgot me in the family pic.:crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.