: Petition & Poll for Ralph

RobertCTS
11-12-05, 10:04 AM
I PM'd Ralph many times warning him about getting sucked into this War but alas his ship has been sunk. Can we as members, many of us supporting members petition the Administrator in combined unity to bring back Ralph if even under parol.

Let's do a poll for possible solution and the same time post your support if you would. Moving past his war with HRS Ralph brought a lot of new and refreshing material. He brought wit and he brought humor...oh yes, the Chics:)

Let's see what develops here. Hopefully Sal will let it play out and it may give him new insight.

Bob
RobertCTS

Stoneage_Caddy
11-12-05, 11:14 AM
The whole deal sucks ....but this sort of thing happens in life ...people loose there cool and overreact , and in yesterdays case it was all 3 involoved ...to dire consequences ....

Unforetunatly i belive not only were folks banned , but bridges burned and freinds lost ....Talking with ralph it seems as if he wouldnt come back anyway ....Everyone involved is trying to be the bigger man ....We arent going to see anyone appologize or comprimise ....

Im torn between boath sides of this , im loyal to my freinds ....now i got freinds on 2 sides of this ....

Boombotz
11-12-05, 11:38 AM
I have always stayed neutral between them and never took sides. I even consider Ralph a friend and have spoke with HRS from time to time. I have PM'ed both of them several times to make them stop in the past.

This was the only way for the fighting to stop. I would love to see both of them solve there differences and see them both return as helpful members here on the forums. The ball is in there court though. They are the ones that have to decide if the forums and there friends here are more valuable to them then the differences between each other. Good choice Sal.

Tom

RobertCTS
11-12-05, 11:48 AM
I have always stayed neutral between them and never took sides. I even consider Ralph a friend and have spoke with HRS from time to time. I have PM'ed both of them several times to make them stop in the past.

This was the only way for the fighting to stop. I would love to see both of them solve there differences and see them both return as helpful members here on the forums. The ball is in there court though. They are the ones that have to decide if the forums and there friends here are more valuable to them then the differences between each other. Good choice Sal.
Tom

Hi Tom,
As I read your post I was surprised as the language was not Julie's:yup:
Julie has spoken of you but I've never caught up with you. Exceptional wife you have there.

I don't think both coming back will work. I elected Ralph simply because he brought a lot of fresh material to the Forum. I wanted to see if we could save one of them. Sal may not accept any of this. I think he would expect some sort of action as a penalty.

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 12:02 PM
Yeah, this is all well and good, but he don't wanna come back. As much as I'd like to entertain the idea it ain't happenin'. Ralph emailed me, he wants nothing to do with this place anymore. I think it's best to just see him off. We've still got him via email and shit so he's not in like Tibet or anything.

Playdrv4me
11-12-05, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately I agree with most of Y'all above. Ralph and Jeff were both terrific members to this site with wonderful contributions and at least in Ralphs case, a ton of time devoted to hanging around here.

Unfortunately, I believe the damage has been done no matter how you slice it and the past is in the past at this point. I know fully well that if Jeff and Ralph can at some point resolve their differences, they will both be welcomed back one day with open arms. However, that is entirely up to them as well as whether they want to come back to begin with. One thing is for sure, consistently complaining to the one person who busts his ass to make sure this site stays around over absolutely ridiculous quarrelsome shit is a sure fireway to get yourself put in the corner over time. Sal works very very hard to keep this place up and running, was it fair to expect him to constantly field complaints from these members as well? I think not.

Lord Cadillac
11-12-05, 12:52 PM
Sorry, but I will not go back on my word. Instead of petitioning for Ralph's return, petition for them to resolve their differences. From this day forward, I'll never receive another PM from either one of them asking for me to ban the other or complaints about red reputation points or links to various threads where one was mean to the other and on and on and on. I'm not the only one who's benefitting from this either. I never go ahead and do anything TO the community for only myself. Most of the people who wanted this to happen will never come forward because it's not in their best interests. I've been asked to do exactly this for a long time and I finally broke and did it. The ball is in their court.

I didn't tell them they were banned and could never come back. All they need to do is resolve their differences and keep their personal spats OFF of our website. That's ALL I ask. Apparently, THAT is too MUCH to ask...

And that's a shame...

Lord Cadillac
11-12-05, 12:57 PM
...atleast HRS is trying...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=508247#post508247

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 12:58 PM
As much as i would like to see both guys back, Ralph doesnt want to return. Im really beat about this, i like the guy, and i never had any issue with Jeff either. But Sal has made, unfortunately, the right choice.

Lets remember the good times.

April fools prank.
Holly Prank.
Amy Prank.
Roaming Ralph thread.
Windy City prank.

im sure there are more.

And, for a last time, the pink Fleetwood.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/cadysignature8pj.jpg

I think we should let it go now. Ralph is gone. We will miss him, but neither he nor HRS are returning to this place.

Lord Cadillac
11-12-05, 01:01 PM
Thank you for understanding.. I will miss both of them...

As much as i would like to see both guys back, Ralph doesnt want to return. Im really beat about this, i like the guy, and i never had any issue with Jeff either. But Sal has made, unfortunately, the right choice.

Lets remember the good times.

April fools prank.
Holly Prank.
Amy Prank.
Roaming Ralph thread.
Windy City prank.

im sure there are more.

And, for a last time, the pink Fleetwood.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/cadysignature8pj.jpg

I think we should let it go now. Ralph is gone. We will miss him, but neither he nor HRS are returning to this place.

RobertCTS
11-12-05, 01:40 PM
Sal,
Now I'm confused. I thought they were banned but you say they are not?
But you told them you didn't want them back unless they resolved their differences. I think they had a couple of olive branches waved but the fight resurged. Well I guess it's irrelavant as Ralph said he doesn't want to come back.:( I was trying to forage something out of this mess and save something.

Bob

ben72227
11-12-05, 01:43 PM
Ah, Out with the old and in with the new. At least we won't have to look at his constant barage of girlie picks anymore:duck:. If he does get to comeback, I think he needs a punishment of some sorts, like maybe...reseting his beloved post count???:sneaky:

Jesda
11-12-05, 02:14 PM
When two of your friends get banned and demand you pick sides, you lose them both. It sucks. It really, really sucks.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 02:17 PM
When two of your friends get banned and demand you pick sides, you lose them both. It sucks. It really, really sucks.

Indeed

powerglide
11-12-05, 02:26 PM
Most you have already expressed what I feel about this.

I understand Sal's position totally.

That said, I don't think its all over.....Sal's left em an opening to come back.

This is a good time out that was long overdue. Bridges have been charred but they can be rebuilt.

If you guys can read this post, I sincerely hope that you guys work things out so we can go back to the good times. To me, you guys are both valuable members here and will be missed.

SpeedyArizona
11-12-05, 02:28 PM
Maybe I'm not up on the times here, but what exactly happened to create this "fued" of sorts?

RobertCTS
11-12-05, 02:39 PM

Jesda,
You're right of course. I saw myself with one life preservor and two men in the water. I felt like I had to try to save one.:o The possibility of both didn't seem realistic.

Bob

ben72227
11-12-05, 03:51 PM
Maybe I'm not up on the times here, but what exactly happened to create this "fued" of sorts?

It's kinda complicated, but apparently Ralph took offense to something HRS said way back and they just started fueding. And ever since then they've never been friendly. They've had a couple of flare-ups in the past year and it even extended to the lounge once (this was way back, you know when we still had a CI forum;) ).

powerglide
11-12-05, 04:33 PM

I don;t think anyone even knows what started it anymore.....Even more reason to give it up IMHO>

Night Wolf
11-12-05, 06:58 PM
hmmm, I too am confused... I guess everything that has been going on finally got too much.

I talked with Ralph a few times, HRS a couple, for Ralph atleast, most of his posts were in all the post whore threads, that I tried to stay out of, so I never got into many in-depth conversations with him, but he was a buddy.

One thing I don't like is that I think posts in the lounge and whatnot shoduln't count to someones post count, and even the reputation for that matter....but thats kind of a different story....

Jesda
11-12-05, 07:04 PM
I believe it started in "Current Issues", which is now closed, thank goodness.

Adam
11-12-05, 07:51 PM
i had to say to leave it alone. Sal, you made the right choice and it is for the better of the forum. i gotta side with Sal on this. Ralph doesnt want to return. i talked to him several times about not getting sucked in to this little war. i even told him not to even bother with Jeff. told him to let it go and he wouldnt. he kept pursuing, said "his good name was being bashed" (or something like that) even though i told him no one on here thought any less of him. no guys, Ralph did this to himself... he is my friend and i hate to see this happen to him. Ralph, im sure is reading this and he knows ITS JUST BUSINESS.

Kev
11-12-05, 07:53 PM
What a beautiful day it is today! The sky is clear, light blue, there is a soft breeze, it must be in the mid to high 70ís right now. Itís good to live in California, USA (my condolences to those living in less temperate climates). As I passed the local airport while returning from the store I saw a plane turning onto the runway, preparing to lift itís passengers high into the sky so that they could float down on their parachutes, enjoying the view of our little valley.

Iíve just come I from trimming and mowing my pitiful patches of crab grass that I call lawn. I now find myself sipping on a glass of Tang (thank you NASA) and sweating like a Sumo in a sauna (Iíve got to work out more!). Whilst I toiled merrily away on my yard I pondered life and the situation we now find ourselves in.

Just two weeks ago I had to give my 19 yr old nephew the boot. The choice was his really. He came to us for help, needed a place to stay. He wanted to go to college and clean his life up or so we thought. He couldnít live by the few simple rules and conditions to which he agreed upon when he came. Instead, he chose to continue his path of parties, booze, drugs and illicit sex. He wouldnít heed our warnings and advice but instead chose his own path. So, it gave me no pleasure to speed him on his way.

For quite some time now there has been this festering boil on the derriere of the forums in the shape of a grudge match between Ralph and Jeff. Despite continuous warnings and admonishments they have allowed it to come to drastic action by Sal. This is both surprising and disturbing as they are both grown men. This is behavior that I would expect from our younger members but I must say to their credit that the most raucous among them have shown greater self-restraint and maturity.

It is shameful that this could not be settled in a mature and peaceful manner. Perhaps it is not too late. My guess is that Ralph is still looking in anonymously now and then, Iím sure he may get the chance to read this thread. I hope he does and by reading it comes to a change of heart. The choice is his, as it has always been, to leave or stay. All that is necessary is to abide by the rules that we all agreed to when we became members here, whether we read them or not.

It is good to see, as Sal pointed out, that Jeff is making an attempt toward reconciliation. It may be to his redemption, maybe Ralph will follow suit. I hope he does not let foolish pride stand in the way, not that it matters so much here. This is merely an anonymous Internet society but if one is not able to get along here how can they expect to succeed in the real world?

Both men are intelligent and have much to offer if they are able to avoid petty differences. They will both be missed if they choose to leave and they will both be welcomed should they choose to do what is right and thereby stay.

What ever their choice, I wish them both the best.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 07:54 PM
i had to say to leave it alone. Sal, you made the right choice and it is for the better of the forum. i gotta side with Sal on this. Ralph doesnt want to return. i talked to him several times about not getting sucked in to this little war. i even told him not to even bother with Jeff. told him to let it go and he wouldnt. he kept pursuing, said "his good name was being bashed" (or something like that) even though i told him no one on here thought any less of him. no guys, Ralph did this to himself... he is my friend and i hate to see this happen to him. Ralph, im sure is reading this and he knows ITS JUST BUSINESS.

Indeed Adam, i gto in between one of their arguments, and Pmd him several times about it, he just wouldnt leave it and upheald that "Jeff wont leave it" which im sure he would of had they both quit.

anyway, as i mentioned, Sal did the right thing, and i understand why he did it.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 07:57 PM
Kev, you are ever noble, and wise. I have utmost respect for you and your views. I wish there was more guys like you around.

Kev
11-12-05, 08:00 PM
Kev, you are ever noble, and wise. I have utmost respect for you and your views. I wish there was more guys like you around.I feel undeserving of your compliment but ai thank you none the less.

Adam
11-12-05, 08:01 PM
Indeed Adam, i gto in between one of their arguments, and Pmd him several times about it, he just wouldnt leave it and upheald that "Jeff wont leave it" which im sure he would of had they both quit.

anyway, as i mentioned, Sal did the right thing, and i understand why he did it.

ive never doubted any of Sal's decisions, and really i am glad he did. i love Ralph to death but he just screwed himself. he was warned several times about his actions by me and other members but he just wanted to be bull headed about it. i hate to say but i would have done the same thing. i think Sal and Ralph were friends at one point, im not sure. i found this place a year before i joined, i was a guest here everyday for about a year and i remember a lot of things between these members. i think Jeff and Ralph got along at one point and Mike (Stoney) and Ralph didnt. its been two and a half years since i found this place and i will stick through thick and thin. Ralph or no Ralph, if everyone wants to leave here thats fine with me GOODBYE!!!!!!

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 08:05 PM
ive never doubted any of Sal's decisions, and really i am glad he did. i love Ralph to death but he just screwed himself. he was warned several times about his actions by me and other members but he just wanted to be bull headed about it. i hate to say but i would have done the same thing. i think Sal and Ralph were friends at one point, im not sure. i found this place a year before i joined, i was a guest here everyday for about a year and i remember a lot of things between these members. i think Jeff and Ralph got along at one point and Mike (Stoney) and Ralph didnt. its been two and a half years since i found this place and i will stick through thick and thin. Ralph or no Ralph, if everyone wants to leave here thats fine with me GOODBYE!!!!!!

Well. I am relatively new to the forums, i only joined in June. Thats only six months ago. But i was welcomed with open arms as the eccentric British guy LOL. I see you all as my pals, and i know there is always help for me with my cars when i need it. This place is alto to me, if people leave, well, their choice, but they will be missed by me and everyone else.

Kev, you are deserving of everything i posted there. It is true :thumbsup:

Adam
11-12-05, 08:20 PM
oh yeah, ill miss them. there are a lot of ego clashes on this forum. oh man you should have been here around election time... that was interesting. it was member against member in the lounge and they had to move everything to the CI section which is now closed. RB didnt want to leave it at that so he got banned. i dont know who else has been banned but some people just need to chill out.

Well. I am relatively new to the forums, i only joined in June. Thats only six months ago. But i was welcomed with open arms as the eccentric British guy LOL. I see you all as my pals, and i know there is always help for me with my cars when i need it. This place is alto to me, if people leave, well, their choice, but they will be missed by me and everyone else.

Kev, you are deserving of everything i posted there. It is true :thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-12-05, 08:27 PM
yup , i hated ralph with a passion ....and he hated me ....but we got over it , wish i could remeber how but we did ,we became chums ....

me and hotrod are more well documented rivals....It bugged me what he did to some folks around here , i dont like anyone being mistreated ,in my honest opion he was beaing just plain nasty to folks. Not alot of you saw it , creative editing or whatever but it was there and i wasnt afird to call him on it. The lastest bout with ralph and hrs kinda covered up what took place with HRS and me ....

it was only at the urgeing of sal that i drop it , so i did , and put full trust that the right thing would happen ....never banned never punished , allowed to even bash our forums .....hrs posted on ....

whats really interesting is me and HRS heald very similar policial views , so our fighting contrary to 3/4 of the arguements and folks that got into it with hotrod wasnt based on politics ....but just from when i would ask him to lighten up on folks ....

but i did the christain thing when HRS had told me he was making an effort to clean his act up ....and i let him be and forgave him....i have no clue what all took place when ralph and hrs were dismissed , nor do i really care to know ....whats done is done , and ill leave it at that ...

D148L0
11-12-05, 08:27 PM
I PM'd Ralph many times warning him about getting sucked into this War but alas his ship has been sunk. Can we as members, many of us supporting members petition the Administrator in combined unity to bring back Ralph if even under parol.
Let's do a poll for possible solution and the same time post your support if you would. Moving past his war with HRS Ralph brought a lot of new and refreshing material. He brought wit and he brought humor...oh yes, the Chics:)
Let's see what develops here. Hopefully Sal will let it play out and it may give him new insight.
Bob
RobertCTS
Well, I hope you and others learn from this sad thing.
You are in part responsible for the decision Sal took, by removing what was calm water. I could explain myself buy I think you know exactly what I mean.
I am pissed by this feud, sick of it. I wish they could put this aside for good and the ban to be lifted, but it may be too late now.

Adam
11-12-05, 08:35 PM
i think Ralph was tired of it really and he didnt care if he got banned or not. we talked about it and i told him not to worry just to let it go. he just wouldnt do it. you know i hate to see him go... he was one of my best friends on the forum. i know alot of what went on, ALOT. i knew of what went on between Ralph and HRS. i know the two of you got into it also. i dont understand why Ralph just didnt say the hell with it or why Sal had to urge you to drop it... but that is because ive always been laid back, i dont care what happens kind of person. but i lived through some rough sh!t and little arguements like the ones they were having just didnt seem big to me. hey Mike, heads up i got a pm headed your way.

yup , i hated ralph with a passion ....and he hated me ....but we got over it , wish i could remeber how but we did ,we became chums ....

me and hotrod are more well documented rivals....It bugged me what he did to some folks around here , i dont like anyone being mistreated ,in my honest opion he was beaing just plain nasty to folks. Not alot of you saw it , creative editing or whatever but it was there and i wasnt afird to call him on it. The lastest bout with ralph and hrs kinda covered up what took place with HRS and me ....

it was only at the urgeing of sal that i drop it , so i did , and put full trust that the right thing would happen ....never banned never punished , allowed to even bash our forums .....hrs posted on ....

whats really interesting is me and HRS heald very similar policial views , so our fighting contrary to 3/4 of the arguements and folks that got into it with hotrod wasnt based on politics ....but just from when i would ask him to lighten up on folks ....

but i did the christain thing when HRS had told me he was making an effort to clean his act up ....and i let him be and forgave him....i have no clue what all took place when ralph and hrs were dismissed , nor do i really care to know ....whats done is done , and ill leave it at that ...

Lord Cadillac
11-12-05, 11:28 PM
Stoneage swallowed his pride and did the grown-up thing for the good of the forum. Neither HRS or Ralph would do the same. Things are not the same as they used to be. I tried to be civil for as long as I could. RB is gone, Ralph is gone, HRS is gone - and so are a few others that I've already forgotten their names. The shit has hit the fan and the buck stops here...

I didn't LIKE making this move but I really appreciate all of you who are backing me on this decision. I only do what I honestly believe will be for the best of the forum. Sure, in this case, we're going to lose a ton of fluff discussions and a bunch of Cadillac-related discussions as well, but we will survive. No one person makes this forum what it is. It takes more than one or two popular people to make a "community"...

gdwriter
11-13-05, 12:01 AM
It's too bad things came to this; the whole idea of a flaming feud on an Internet forum seems rather silly. But I back Sal on making what had to have been a difficult decision for the good of the forum.

I found this forum in July after I bought my Caddy and have found it an invaluable resource; Thanks to Youbetcha77 (Blaze), Illumina, Ranger and others, I've been able to diagnose and fix problems with my $999, 200,000-mile '91 DeVille.

But mostly, I enjoy checking out the lounge. Only one of my close friends shares my interest in cars, so I've found a bunch of interesting discussions here. I enjoy Kev's wisdom, Stoney's stories, McCombie's wit and ever-growing collection, along with everybody here who passes along their interest and passion for great cars.

This is a great forum; let's keep it that way.

DeVillish
11-13-05, 12:11 AM
eh...its over. Ralph made up his mind about comming back so leave it be.

powerglide
11-13-05, 03:49 AM
Kinda ironic how it all blew up in the "The compliment thread!"......that was the best of the good vibe threads.

In fact my last post was something like "Compliments to Krashed for starting such a good vibes thread" to which Ralph gave me positve feedback and left "let the love continue-Ralphie :)"

I'm really bummed out about it.....especially late nights when there's no action here.....I could always count on him to light it up......I still think/hope they'll be back!

Krashed989
11-13-05, 04:38 AM
I seriously felt that some tension needed to be ironed out, and that's why I started the compliment thread. I didn't start it just for them though. I started it to try and draw the whole community closer together. It's was really beyond me that this kind of topic could trigger an eruption of anger between some people. I don't believe that what happened there was my fault though. I am hopeful that this is just one of Ralphs "pranks"... But I doubt it...

Anywho, The sun keeps shining. All we can do now is move on. I will miss seeing his personality on these boards though...

I too have been talking to him via email, and will continue to do so.

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 05:12 AM
Well, I hope you and others learn from this sad thing.
You are in part responsible for the decision Sal took, by removing what was calm water. I could explain myself buy I think you know exactly what I mean.
I am pissed by this feud, sick of it. I wish they could put this aside for good and the ban to be lifted, but it may be too late now.

I can't believe you're pointing fingers:(

Lord Cadillac
11-13-05, 12:57 PM
This thread is now taking a very bad turn.. Gone...