: Kid gets OWNED trying to scam car parts! Best ever!

Vegas-V
11-12-05, 08:42 AM
It's a very long read, but well worth it. Gentlemen, I present you with the internets premier your-ass-just-got-handed-to-you-you-sorry-ass-punk thread. If you surf any other boards there is a good chance you'll see this there as well, it's spreading like wildfire.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

terrible one
11-12-05, 09:04 AM
This is really funny, but a long read! Got linked to it yesterday from MTS forums and got quite the kick out of it!

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 09:32 AM
I didnt read it through. Im trying to design a sunlounge :p

Did the guy get his money back?

powerglide
11-12-05, 04:30 PM
40 freakin pages later, I wasted my saturday morning.....speechless

this is FAR from over it seems

QUARERMILLION views in a couple days......SCARY!

powerglide
11-13-05, 12:04 AM
I didnt read it through. Im trying to design a sunlounge :p
Did the guy get his money back?

the kid sent him a western union that hasn't cleared yet.....

Summary for those who can't be bothered.

So far:

spoiled punk sells "new gears" fro 100bucks to forum member
forum member send the money, the kid cashed check then demands more money
buyer demands refund OR the part
punk refuses and starts talkin sh1t
then it turns out the part is used, still no refud or apology

long story short, people are pissed at him and the word spreads around the world, swamping the board with massive traffic Last check, over 300K views in a couple days

they out him, phone number, home addres, parents, girlfirend pics
(even post on local craigslist)

folks start recognizing him as guy who screwed him in other transactions and jump on the bandwagon

People calling his phone from around the world and making his life hell

people registering the kids name (domain) and starting web sites

the kids name becomes a verb and makes it into Wilkepedia

currently, the buyer is awaiting his western union money order to clear....while others are tearin it up photochoppin him, and so on....

Its truly amazing to see it unfold in real time......

PS I am glad no one (so far) has posted there with the typical "this made it onto CF etc etc....."

We be a class act.....nevertheless its interesting to follow along quitely,.

powerglide
11-13-05, 02:31 AM
Over 400,000 views (and who knows hom much harrasment) later, the punk finally apologizes.....almost.

He writes a ho hum apology but ends it by threatening to sue some folks.

_powerglide reporting from 4x4pirates.com

thu
11-13-05, 02:59 AM
Man, what a thread! I'm on Page 21 out of 56!

Good to see the community stick up for the guy who got ripped off, MochaMike.

terrible one
11-13-05, 12:10 PM
Haha I've spent some "bored time" for 3 days reading this thread and am just now caught up on the last page. This has gotten huge!!

davesdeville
11-14-05, 03:25 AM
I'm not sure anything beats the p-p-powerbook antiscam. A guy offered to buy a powerbook for a lot of cash, the seller knew it was a scam, sent a fake box with a fake laptop in it, the buyer had to pay a lot of import tax on it. With help of the shipment tracking system, forum members even showed up at the guys place when the delivery arrived.

This is pretty damn good too.

On another local board (racingsouthwest), alot of people added to their sig: "Still waiting for Alex (alexs screenname) to repay 66dvlbrd for (some part.) 505 days and counting." Everyone knows Alex too, so I have a feeling he'll get to payin'!

IN SHORT: Don't be a douchebag.

psykiv
11-14-05, 05:23 AM
holy crap. this was posted in the other forum i frequent.

urbanski
11-14-05, 06:40 AM

terrible one
11-14-05, 08:32 AM
Aw man...locked at 73 pages. I think that the guys statement that knew him would have created another 20 pages of bashing alone.

thu
11-14-05, 06:52 PM
It's now offline for 'optimizing' and will re-appear 'soon'.

powerglide
11-15-05, 03:06 AM
I didn't catch it but my friend who was reading it me mentioned something about a pipe bomb being sent in the mail......not sure if it happened or was in reference to something else but I wouldnt be surprised if someone took it too far. (speaking of our forum being too 'sensistive', thats one hell of rough group they got there.....every other supporting member seems to use the double F-U icon!)

Jesda
11-15-05, 07:19 AM
The pipe bomb thing was years ago when some handicapped kid ripped off a crazy guy in a CB radio transaction.

turbojimmy
11-15-05, 07:31 AM
Same thing happened on the Turbo Buick board about 4 years ago. A kid was selling parts he didn't actually have. It only grew to 21 pages but it gained world-wide-web notoriety. Lots of folks dropped by to congratulate the author. He hounded this guy who ripped him off for months. The kid had to disconnect his phone, cancel his e-mail address, etc. The author turned him over to the feds for mail fraud because he used a postal money order to pay him. Then everyone the kid ripped off hopped on board. It was great.

Jim

Vegas-V
11-18-05, 04:59 AM
I haven't had the time to go back and catch up... I had to stop at page 50. I think I'll commit tomorrow morning to getting to page 70.

Talk about a sh!tstorm! :histeric: