: Avatars: a poll

MikeB066
11-12-05, 12:54 AM
Who thinks that some of the avatars around here are silly, especially those of men whose avatars are images of women?

Does representing oneself online using the image of someone of the opposite sex imply something? What does your avatar represent of you? How does one choose an avatar?

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 12:59 AM
42!!!

Joey'sVee
11-12-05, 01:12 AM
heheheheheheheheh

Stoneage_Caddy
11-12-05, 01:14 AM
mine represnets who i am .....joeys represnts where i want to be

Jesda
11-12-05, 01:19 AM
I get free long distance on my avatar!

addison_ii
11-12-05, 01:34 AM
I used to get my thrills from my avatar.:histeric: No not those thrills people. :D

Joey'sVee
11-12-05, 01:38 AM
Does my avatar thrill you????? ;)

addison_ii
11-12-05, 01:59 AM
Does my avatar thrill you????? ;) :D :worship: the femaleius gluteus maximus: What a wonderful thing.

Krashed989
11-12-05, 02:50 AM
Who thinks that some of the avatars around here are silly, especially those of men whose avatars are images of women?

Don't you think your avatar is silly? :bouncy: ... My avatar is what it is because it is my car, and my car makes me happy.

I do see what you mean though. At first glance, someone might be like "WOW, Ralph is hott! Weird name for a chick though." or something like that.

MikeB066
11-12-05, 04:42 AM
I picked my avatar because it was silly and off the wall. Very few people know who the hell Domo Kun is, other than the executioner of kittens, so it was off the beaten path. I definitely went for the obscure, it makes me smile, avatar.

There are just some that I see and I wonder, "What is the deeper significance behind that?" either because I have waaay too much time on my hands or because I have too much psychology training for my own good so I am constantly analyzing other's motives.

I am not dogging anyone, just seeking feedback to form a general anthropological impression.

To be honest, this is really just a cheap way to boost my number of posts. I suppose I could have initiated some sort of flame war about something but that would be lame. I actually am interested in the answer to this question.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 07:34 AM
Mine is of a Range Rover.....

I am an off road driver, so i thought it would be cool to put there. Nothing other than my eternal respect for Land Rover for staying it out this long

davesdeville
11-12-05, 07:40 AM
My avitar is what you'll probably see if you race me, my classic vertical taillights. I guess people like it, since that one dude found it "through google images" and used it as his own avitar for awhile.

mccombie_5
11-12-05, 07:42 AM
My avitar is what you'll probably see if you race me, my classic vertical taillights. I guess people like it, since that one dude found it "through google images" and used it as his own avitar for awhile.

Yeah i think thats pretty good!

90Brougham350
11-12-05, 12:47 PM
I like my avatar. It puts the 2 things I really enjoy together into a nice little picture. Minnesota and Cadillac!

Sandy
11-12-05, 12:52 PM
I picked mine because It's my car.

Spyder
11-12-05, 07:23 PM
42...In Reference to the Ever Expanding Trilogy?

pjohnesq
11-13-05, 03:24 AM
Mine is of Bob Marley -- simply because I love his music and message... I was born and raised in Jamaica, so I guess it kinda represents me as do my grille...lol

powerglide
11-13-05, 03:42 AM
I chose mine because no one was using it, I really like the way these Le Mans Racers looked, didn't want folks to forget the Cadillacs in Le Mans, and thought it may have slight philosophical undertows regarding the stides and tibulations of our beloved marque.

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 05:26 AM
I picked my avatar because it was silly and off the wall. Very few people know who the hell Domo Kun is, other than the executioner of kittens, so it was off the beaten path. I definitely went for the obscure, it makes me smile, avatar.

There are just some that I see and I wonder, "What is the deeper significance behind that?" either because I have waaay too much time on my hands or because I have too much psychology training for my own good so I am constantly analyzing other's motives.

I am not dogging anyone, just seeking feedback to form a general anthropological impression.

To be honest, this is really just a cheap way to boost my number of posts. I suppose I could have initiated some sort of flame war about something but that would be lame. I actually am interested in the answer to this question.

Well Domos scares the hell out me Mike!!

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 05:30 AM
I got a stupid theme thing going on. The car is totally black. I'm a Star Wars Fan, License plate is "D VADER". So the black Darth avatar adds to the mistique.:lildevil:

fast66
11-13-05, 05:30 AM
isnt 42 the answer to the universe? nevermind

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 05:41 AM
isnt 42 the answer to the universe? nevermind

#42 is Jamie McMurray's NASCAR number! But you knew that.:p

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/42_atism.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-05, 10:53 AM
for now its his number .......

terrible one
11-13-05, 11:42 AM
I know who Domo Kun is!

RobertCTS
11-13-05, 12:03 PM
I know who Domo Kun is!
He Kills and eats little kittens. :cat: :shocked2::devil:

terrible one
11-13-05, 01:09 PM
That, and he's the mascot of NHK television station in Japan

dbdartman
11-14-05, 07:59 PM
42, of course! The answer to life, the universe, & EVERYTHING. :bouncy:

Mine is in memory of a friend I never met, but got to know & even work with as a moderator, Gary Cooper Davis. He was a local Michigan police officer that was killed in the line of duty by a drunk driver on 5/13/04. His car & his on-line handle was/is called (& licensed as) UNLAWFL (no 2nd "U"). I won't go into the :alchi: that broad-sided a cruiser WITH THE ROLLERS ON, 3rd DWI/DUI, & gets off with less than 12 months. Makes my blood boil. :mad2:

RIP, friend!

gothicaleigh
11-15-05, 02:54 PM
By definition, one's avatar should represent themselves or an aspect of who they are.

av·a·tar (ăv'ə-tär')
n.
1)The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
2)An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
3)A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar.

RobertCTS
11-15-05, 03:21 PM
By definition, one's avatar should represent themselves or an aspect of who they are..

Yes!! Let the Force be with Me!

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/vader.jpg

jteolis
11-17-05, 04:31 PM
I got a stupid theme thing going on. The car is totally black. I'm a Star Wars Fan, License plate is "D VADER". So the black Darth avatar adds to the mistique.:lildevil:
And I'm Robert's stalker (or so he has labeled me) so that's why I'm Obi Wan Kenobi, with light saber drawn. :cookoo:

RobertCTS
11-17-05, 07:05 PM
Yep, Just like here Obiwan has stalked me to this thread. I don't think Obiwan saw the movie because Darth Vader bring the demise of Obiwan.
He shoulda picked Yoda. He cute, a master Jedi and very wise...yep also kinda short.

70eldo
11-18-05, 10:38 AM
I like my avatar. It puts the 2 things I really enjoy together into a nice little picture. Minnesota and Cadillac!

Hey 90Brougham350, that bird in the picture is that the vanished bird from the Cadillac logo?

jteolis
11-18-05, 12:07 PM
Yep, Just like here Obiwan has stalked me to this thread. I don't think Obiwan saw the movie because Darth Vader bring the demise of Obiwan.
He shoulda picked Yoda. He cute, a master Jedi and very wise...yep also kinda short.

I don't think Robert saw the movie, but Obi Wan is the one who brings about Vader's demise. Also cuts off his legs and leaves him for dead as a smoldering heap of burning mess on the lava planet.

Then Obi Wan trains Vader's orphan son Luke who brings back harmony to the universe, and teaches Luke everything he needs to know to actually bring down the last of the Sith, Darth Vader.

Or didn't you know that Robert? Obi wan saves the Jedi Knights.

Elvis
11-18-05, 12:48 PM
You two Star Wars geeks need to watch this:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/2536/

Then maybe a piece of pie will help settle you down...

http://www.sendacake.com/images/cherry-apple.jpg

Kev
11-18-05, 01:16 PM
Very irreverent and thereby extremely hilarious! :histeric:

jteolis
11-18-05, 01:59 PM
You two Star Wars geeks need to watch this:

http://www.devilducky.com/media/2536/

Then maybe a piece of pie will help settle you down...

E:

That is freaken HILAROUS! THANKS MAN!! I love that dog!

Elvis
11-18-05, 03:35 PM
Enjoy your pie. :p

RobertCTS
11-18-05, 05:26 PM
I don't think Robert saw the movie, but Obi Wan is the one who brings about Vader's demise. Also cuts off his legs and leaves him for dead as a smoldering heap of burning mess on the lava planet.

Then Obi Wan trains Vader's orphan son Luke who brings back harmony to the universe, and teaches Luke everything he needs to know to actually bring down the last of the Sith, Darth Vader.

Or didn't you know that Robert? Obi wan saves the Jedi Knights.

Jeff,
Weren't you asked to stop harrassing and stalking be? I know you were.

Elvis
11-18-05, 05:33 PM
Jeff,
Weren't you asked to stop harrassing and stalking be? I know you were.

You need pie.