: New Jersey or Anyone Close Enough to Smell it.....

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 12:49 AM
Who here is in or around NJ? I wanna get a meet together!!! I'm pretty sure we have enough members in or around the good ol' Garden State for a meet and since one happens in Florida like every week (LOL! No offense guys) I wanna get one going here. So, any of you NJ residents or neighbors out there, declare your presence!

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/newjersey1.jpg
http://www.crwflags.com/art/states/nj.gif

Dadillac
11-12-05, 01:01 AM
Woodbridge chiming in. I am always up for a meet. Just need to get enough commitments. Hopefully more NJ folks will want to get it done.

Don

DaveSmed
11-12-05, 01:29 AM
Riiight next to Burlington NJ here.... I'd be down for a meet.

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 01:52 AM
Nice. Looks like we have a decent turn out already. Keep 'em comin.

Night Wolf
11-12-05, 02:12 AM
don't forget Sandy :)

We don't have a meet every week.... is like every 10 days or so :)

Actually I have only been to 1 meet so far.

Maybe if the rare time I am in NY, I can swing by Noo Joysee... I'll be going up for a few days for Christmas and MAYBE for Spring break....not sure.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-12-05, 02:13 AM
Bruce Springsteen is from New Jersey.....Bruce is cool

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 02:17 AM
Bruce Springsteen is from New Jersey.....Bruce is cool
Yeah...... New Jersey as a whole decided, he can't come.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-12-05, 02:22 AM
:shocked2:

It's Just Eric
11-12-05, 01:48 PM
Im up for a meet. Lol, but if its still winter, I may show up in a subaru, if noone minds.:thepan: Come summertime im thinking of hosting a meet right here in the quaint town of Tuckerton. Theres a big park where we can frolic and play...errr... Barbecue and talk cars!!

slk230mb
11-12-05, 03:07 PM
I'm in NY, not so far from Jersey, depends on when and who is expected to attend. Just gotta make sure I'm home from school.

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 04:50 PM
Im up for a meet. Lol, but if its still winter, I may show up in a subaru, if noone minds.:thepan: Come summertime im thinking of hosting a meet right here in the quaint town of Tuckerton. Theres a big park where we can frolic and play...errr... Barbecue and talk cars!!
Kinda like that whole park idea.... We should do it in the springtime or early summer, why not get a grill goin'? Nice park area, we'll figure out a nice midpoint for a location. Keep 'em comin.

malcolm
11-12-05, 05:18 PM
Hey what exit. I'm in Clifton.

DopeStar 156
11-12-05, 11:00 PM
Hey what exit. I'm in Clifton.
No funkin way! My Metal Mistress lives in Clifton which is a town away from my college. I live in Hackettstown. Exit 19.

madooch
11-13-05, 11:35 AM
i live in new york very close to jersey i am in

malcolm
11-13-05, 11:57 AM
No funkin way! My Metal Mistress lives in Clifton which is a town away from my college. I live in Hackettstown. Exit 19.
MSU or Will on the Hill?
Metal Mistress??

It's Just Eric
11-13-05, 04:31 PM
Tuckerton is exit 58 on the parkway. Its kinda in the southeast borderish. takes about 2 hours to hit the new york border. Less if you dont drive it like its a Cadillac. lol
Quick mapquest link to see how hard it would be for you to attend right.... HERE! (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&address=Route+539+and+Frog+Pong+Road&city=Tuckerton&state=NJ&zipcode=08087)
The park is actually located right across from the road labled "Sea oaks drive" thats actually a golf course. The park is new and has bathroom facilities, as well as barbecue pits and picnick tables. and for any kids that happen to be around, theres a little bit of a play ground. Hell, if ya wanna even go on a little nature walk, I know all the trails in the area(Theres a bunch right behind the fields that they actually half buldozed to make the park)Theres also baseball, soccor, football, and hockey fields nearby. Best part is..its virtually abandoned the whole time, and I cant figure out why.
It would make a pretty good place to meet I think, but people may have trouble getting there, being its a little bit out of the way for people that arent actually IN new jersey. Post here or send pms or something if your intrested at all, mabey we could get a head count or something, or if anyone else has a good place to meet they can toss in their input.
-Eric

turbojimmy
11-13-05, 04:37 PM
MSU or Will on the Hill?
Metal Mistress??

I'm a Will on the Hill alumni.

I'm in NJ, too. Just southeast of Dopestar.

Jim

malcolm
11-13-05, 07:43 PM
I'm a Will on the Hill alumni.

I'm in NJ, too. Just southeast of Dopestar.

Jim

I checked out your web site. Nice work getting the DTS together. How long did that take? They teach you that at Will?

turbojimmy
11-13-05, 09:00 PM
I checked out your web site. Nice work getting the DTS together. How long did that take? They teach you that at Will?

Nah, I have a bachelors degree in marketing from Will. I think it took me about 4 months of random nights and weekends to clean the Caddy and put it back together. It's all a blur now, but it was basically a winter project. I put it on the road in March of '05, but it was done before that. There was a snafu with the title work.

Jim

DopeStar 156
11-14-05, 01:27 AM
MSU or Will on the Hill?
Metal Mistress??
Will on the Hill. Yet there's little difference between the two.

Yes, Metal Mistress... :lildevil:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/mishtom.jpg

It'd be cool if we could get a place that would allow the cars on the grass so we could make a nice line up. I have a good idea where Tuckerton is, I'm getting very well acquainted with the Passaic County area of the state since I spend so much time up there. (Caddyless in a white Chevy) We'll have to get a count and some locations and try to pick a midpoint, someplace where it's not like 5 minutes for someone and 2 hours for someone else. I wonder if we'll catch NightWolf in the area since I think he intends to come back up here from Florida in the spring to get his '79 Sedan de Ville. That'd be sweet.

JimHare
11-15-05, 08:52 AM
Hell, down here in Salem County, most people DRIVE their cars on the grass, much less just park them in a row to admire.. lol

I could probably show up given enough notice. The middle of the state is good for me, but I have no problem if we weight the choice by number of attendees, so to speak. If 85% of the chimers-in live North of I-195, then it's only fair to meet north of that division.

It's Just Eric
11-17-05, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Might be smart to do it a little more north than tuckerton. If this meet is taking place come summertime, Im sure we'll have plenty of time to work stuff out. Like everyones prettymuch saying,inportant thing to do first is figure out about how many people are going to attend and try to find a central point from there. Id personally have no issues driving 2 hours to a meet...but my car might :ill: Ill have to get to work if I plan on making it to any meets.:helpless:

danbuc
11-18-05, 12:22 AM
I'm in Mahwah, NJ. Probably about 25 minutes from Clifton actually. I'm out of school for a month, so I've got plenty of time to go anywhere in Jersey.

DopeStar 156
11-18-05, 03:14 AM
Pretty sweet. I'm sure there are planty of prime locations in the fine garden state to host a meet. What about NEWARK?! LOL!

turbojimmy
11-18-05, 07:51 AM
I'm in Mahwah, NJ. Probably about 25 minutes from Clifton actually. I'm out of school for a month, so I've got plenty of time to go anywhere in Jersey.

Cool! I have to go to court in Mahwah on Tuesday night. God forbid someone try to drive a reasonable speed on Rt. 287. WTF are they doing out there anyway? The state po-po are supposed to patrol that.

Anyway, I vote for a northern NJ location myself if it appears a lot of us are up this way.

Jim

DopeStar 156
11-18-05, 09:00 AM
Sweet. I'll start looking at locations and posting them for review.

danbuc
11-18-05, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a plan to me..hehe.

turbojimmy, 287 does suck quite alot. I live right at the end of 287, just before it meets Route 17, and then turns into the NYS Throughway, which heads towards the Tappan Zee. If your taking 287 up to Mahwah, you have to kind of make this werid turn around. You get of the exit, and it take you along this service road that goes past the SHARP complex, before making a 180 degree turn and doubling back in the opposite direction. It then merges back onto a 6 lane road which branches off to 287, and 17 S. Just stay to the left and you be good. I think the exit for the Courthouse is just before the Fed Ex building. If you miss that, take the exit for McArthur BLVD. Once your through the light, you just go up the road, and make your first right (I think there's only one road before the next light?). Anyway, the courthouse is like right down that road. I live about a half mile further up the road..hehe.

turbojimmy
11-18-05, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a plan to me..hehe.
turbojimmy, 287 does suck quite alot.

Thanks for the directions. I was headed north and got nabbed just before the Rt. 17 exchange coming down a hill. In a fit of insanity I floored the DTS to break out of a clusterf*ck created by some idiot driving 5-under in the left lane. I had unplugged the radar detector so that I could plug in my satellit navigation unit. I got nabbed going 84 in a 65 (good thing I had slowed down ;). I really thought the guy was going to cut me a break, but he threw back my NYPD PBA card and handed me a fat ticket.

I'll get to see him again Tuesday.

Jim

danbuc
11-20-05, 03:50 PM
Hehe...back when I had my Mustang, I also got a ticket coming back from White Plains for a meeting for work. I was coming off the Rt17 s exit from The NYS throughway, when a cop sitting just under the overpass as you merge onto Rt17 got me doing 78 in a 55. Being that I was driving the Mustang, it didn't really help my case when I tried to explain to him I had to get back to my store to close it, but oh well....what can you do. Unfortunetly, at this point in time I had not yet invested in a good radar detector yet. That need came when I got the STS.

Moving along, does anyone have any ideas where or when this meet my take place? Hopefully sometime before late December, because I'm heading down to Orlando for school, and won't be around. Although, I'll now be able to hang out down there with everyone, so it's still a win win situation I guess.

newetc
11-20-05, 05:38 PM
Now that i'm in Fla i can no longer attend meets up there... hope you guys have fun.. get some nice pics..

danbuc
11-20-05, 10:20 PM
Where in Florida are you? I'm heading down there in December to Orlando for four months. There are alot of caddy meets down there as well.

danbuc
11-30-05, 07:56 PM
So uhhh....How about that Jersey meet....anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

It's Just Eric
12-01-05, 07:35 PM
Bueller took a day off...

It's Just Eric
12-01-05, 07:39 PM
Pretty sweet. I'm sure there are planty of prime locations in the fine garden state to host a meet. What about NEWARK?! LOL!

Meh, how about Camden? I bet we would be the only Cadilacs in Camden with hubcaps (for a good 10 minutes)

I would say Atlantic City might be a cool place to meet. We could go gambling and stuff, and it might not be that hard to arrange and set up accomodations. I Rather like the cookout idea better though...

DopeStar 156
12-02-05, 01:36 PM
Yeah we got a good turn out here. I'm gonna keep the link for this thread in my sig and we'll revisit this in the spring since we've opted to do it then. Anyone who wants in post and when the time comes around we'll start making arrangements.

danbuc
12-02-05, 06:10 PM
Sounds good....it's a little cold for a meet now anyways.

JimHare
12-05-05, 03:28 PM
Ya know, what we should do, (and I would have already if I had any gumption) is look in a detailed atlas/map or something for a town in NJ with a Cadillac-themed name and meet there. If it's a small enough burg, the town fathers might even declare it "Cadillac Day" and give us the keys to the city.. lol

I'll check around. Does "Calais" count?... There's also a "Changewater, NJ", which is kinda appropriate, in some circumstances. :)

Katshot
12-06-05, 06:45 AM
A meet sounds cool. I'm just west of Trenton, across the river in PA.

quantum
12-16-05, 01:04 AM
Count me in, NW NJ, by Greenwood Lake. I know it's a little outta the way for some, but it sure is like God's country up here. What a pretty place in the summer. I could help arrange, so consider my hat in the ring.

Big_Blue
01-04-06, 08:53 AM
I am on Mcguire AFB in NJ until August when the enlistment ends. I should be here long enough for the meet up as well.

blunted
02-02-06, 03:54 PM
I'm from NYC and work in Jersey so I'm down.

dbdartman
02-13-06, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, I live 10 minutes west of Great Adventure, & have enough parking space to host a gathering of about 20 or more cars (not using the surrounding 6 acres of field). Really easy to get to from the turnpike, 195, 130 or 206 (do a mapquest to Provinceline Rd & Rt 528). This is also a good place to meet before the last Friday of the month cruise-in at the Jackson Outlet Mall (I know the back way around Great Adventure! :sneaky: ).

Big_Blue, I'm minutes away from McGuire (3-turns from the main gate), under one of the approach patterns! PM or E-mail me (dbdartman at moparts.com) & I'll buy the beers!

Jamler
02-15-06, 02:02 PM
I'm in Somerset and have a good friend with a tricked out CTS in Plainfield.
We'd be into getting together... Let me know when

JC

cadiman28
02-17-06, 01:37 PM
I'm in Middlesex, NJ. Central Jersey area. Keep me posted, very intereested in a meet.

FASSTWOOD
03-02-06, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a plan I'm in just let me know where and when. I'll take a ride from Queens...:)

DopeStar 156
03-04-06, 02:47 PM
Nice! The time is comin' up pretty quick. I'd like to shoot for May or June.

quantum
03-10-06, 10:58 PM
I'm in too, from way the hell up in the sticks (W. Milford) but not as sticky as Hackettstown, damn... :)

Dopestar, if you need a hand, putting stuff together, I'm in. My contribution to the NJ Caddy forum peoples. What can I do?

Just a suggestion, and it isn't central to anywhere but is sure one pretty ride on a Sunday (isn't that what why Caddys were invented?) Highpoint State Park, maybe in July or early Aug. You can pretty much see the whole world from there. Motorcycle dudes meet there all the time, BBQ and hang out for an afternoon, then cruise through the country into PA or through NJ/NY. That's my 2 cents, summer meets are pretty cool.

Link http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/highpoint.html

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 03:14 AM
Very nice location, I like it a lot. I think it's about time, the weather's gettin' nicer, that we start pickin' dates. I was thinkin' May or June. Nice weather, sunny, etc. Any ideas?

Junkman
03-16-06, 11:24 PM
I am about 3 hours North of NJ, but NJ was my home state from birth, so I would come back if it is in Northern NJ. I will even drive the Caddy if it will be welcome. I am certain that I could also interest some other Professional Car enthusiasts to join in the fun if people will embrace the unusual cars with the Cadillac crest....

1990CaddyBrougham
03-18-06, 11:21 PM
My Lady is from NJ.... Was Lawrenceville NJ... Coleman Buick Pontiac GMC.

Anways... i go to Carlisle PA for Spring carlisle everyyear.... im not sure how close id be... or the date.

dbdartman
03-19-06, 01:32 PM
1990C/B, Coleman's is about 30-40 minutes from my house, depending on which route taken & traffic volume. My main plumbing supply is right around the corner from there too (Aaron & Co, my father worked for them for a few decades).

DopeStar 156
03-19-06, 07:57 PM
So, how is June for everyone, anyone got anything going on in early to mid June?

danbuc
03-19-06, 09:43 PM
As long as it's on the weekend, I'm free.

DopeStar 156
03-20-06, 05:51 AM
As long as it's on the weekend, I'm free.
Of course...

CoupeDevilleRob
03-22-06, 08:13 PM
I'm down with June. Sundays are better for me, but I could probably swing a Saturday.

DopeStar 156
03-23-06, 08:37 PM
Any other days bad for anyone?

050505songray
03-27-06, 11:02 AM
im in jersey im down to get a meet, im in carlstadt

jonnyd
03-27-06, 12:29 PM
I just moved to florida from jersey....I miss it there :( maybe I could drive up there and meet ya guys :) I used to live in Voorhees

danbuc
03-28-06, 11:53 PM
Haha...yeah, that's only a 16 and a half hour drive.

DopeStar 156
03-29-06, 02:02 AM
Ok, at random......

Second weekend in June. Saturday?

Saturday June 10th. Any objections?

dbdartman
03-29-06, 10:12 AM
Saturday June 10th. Any objections?

My calander is open (I think), no objection (unless it conflicts with the Mopar weekend at Englishtown).

JimHare
03-29-06, 11:22 AM
OK By Me. That will be the 35th anniversaryof my H.S. Grad-jee-a-shun...

Night Wolf
03-30-06, 01:48 AM
Sat. June 10th.... where? what? when? etc....

DopeStar 156
03-30-06, 11:51 AM
I think everyone seemed to like this location.... I'm not solid on the date, I just picked a random weekend in June and put it in the link to get people to either approve or disapprove. I think the idea of a BBQ was brought up as well which sounds good to me.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/highpoint.html

It's Just Eric
03-31-06, 04:53 PM
I think I was the one who mentioned barbecue. its been a while since I posted, havent exactly had the Caddy driving. I dont think it would make it there in one peice. Hehe, would anyone object to me arriving there in a Subaru?
Lol

DopeStar 156
04-04-06, 12:16 AM
I don't care, Just show up! haha.

JimHare
04-05-06, 09:59 AM
The only problem with Highpoint is that its way the **** up in the northwest corner of the state - about three hours for me. Isn't there someplace a bit more centrally located?

DopeStar 156
04-05-06, 10:27 AM
The only problem with Highpoint is that its way the **** up in the northwest corner of the state - about three hours for me. Isn't there someplace a bit more centrally located?
No idea. Can you come up with something you'd prefer?

Katshot
04-05-06, 10:34 AM
That location is going to be tough for anyone other than New York and north Jersey people. I thought you were going to try to do it in a central Jersey location.

JimHare
04-05-06, 11:15 AM
How about Monmouth Battlefield State Park.

Just north of I-195, Manalapan NJ

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/monbat.html

madooch
04-05-06, 12:40 PM
i would show up in any cebtral jersey location but june 10 will not be good for me something very important that day any other day will be there

dbdartman
04-05-06, 03:37 PM
No idea. Can you come up with something you'd prefer?

I already volunteered my place, 10 miles west of Great Adventure.

I agree, High Point is beautiful, but too far for me to travel on my now limited budget.

DopeStar 156
04-15-06, 01:20 AM
Any objections to JimHare's place, it's right by Trenton, dead middle of the state.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/monbat.html

danbuc
04-15-06, 02:03 AM
Sounds pretty good to me...:highfive:

DopeStar 156
04-15-06, 03:58 PM
Awesome! Ok, since that's a nice central Jersey location, now we need a date.... I said June 10th but there were some problems with that for some people. Someone volunteer a weekend in June to do this.....

CadillacSTS42005
04-15-06, 04:46 PM
Pittsburgh Pa here wow do i have a drive ahead of me

CoupeDevilleRob
04-18-06, 06:42 PM
I like the Monmouth Battle Field idea, it's basically like driving to Englishtown. I was going to suggest Raceway Park, but I like this better, no ricer a**holes to deal with.

DopeStar 156
04-18-06, 10:37 PM
Ok, so the weekends in June are as follows, June 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th. Those are Saturdays. One of these is a possibility. Any preferences?

EldoFatboy
04-19-06, 09:19 PM
Forget June 24. It's Monmouth Battlefield's only big weekend: reenactment-
Battle of Monmouth(Molly Pitcher). You'll be forced to park on the dirt, away from the picnic areas. Unlikely anyone would be able to park together.

MikeyTrees
04-20-06, 09:19 PM
if this NY Caddy is passing thru i'll steer it in there. Just look for this ride. Thanks to all with the feedback on the tint... I am happy with the job they did. :bouncy: New comer here. Good to meet you all.

DopeStar 156
04-29-06, 02:16 AM
Ok so June 10 and 24 are out, so that leaves June 3 and the 17. Any preferences?

V400HP
05-02-06, 07:39 PM
Sorry for responding so late but I'm in...

Just let me know thje date and time.

Les

DopeStar 156
05-04-06, 10:39 AM
Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and say June 17, 2006 at Monmouth. There, we're set! :D

mauricepalmer9494
05-09-06, 10:35 PM
What's up guys? Count me in!!! And I'll try to get some of my club brothers to join in.. Check us out at www.thecadillacbrothers.com I'm the one with the dreadlocks. Big Moe out$$$$

mauricepalmer9494
05-09-06, 10:56 PM
Hey man don't bagg on Newark. That's my home and it ain't that bad!!:tisk: :thepan:

050505songray
05-14-06, 10:58 PM
im in , comin from carlstadt , nj

check out my whip
http://www.cardomain.com/id/PushinTheLac

DopeStar 156
05-16-06, 09:46 PM
Sweet. This is gonna be a big turn out......

CADIMAC52
05-16-06, 11:27 PM
:thumbsup: im in jersey and will be there! anyone have directions from newark area?

It's Just Eric
05-18-06, 08:20 PM
Mapquest is your friend. Heres the address...at least one that I found that works out. Help yourself to some directions!

Monmouth Battlefield State: 732-462-9616
State Highway 33, Manalapan, NJ 07726, US

http://Mapquest.com
Now if I can just remember that date Ill be there.

danbuc
05-20-06, 02:34 AM
Sweet. This is gonna be a big turn out......

It better be..haha. I'm trying to get my car fixed in time to make this meet...I hope everyone shows up.

DopeStar 156
05-25-06, 03:54 PM
I'll definitely be there. The idea of grilling was mentioned, anyone got a grill they wanna bring?

JimHare
05-30-06, 01:14 AM
We should check with the park - they might just have picnic area(s) with those brick barbeque ovens that you just have to toss a bag of briquets in to. I will check with the park in a few minutes and post back.

Anxious to see all you nuts..(myself included, of course... lol)

DopeStar 156
05-30-06, 11:34 AM
We should check with the park - they might just have picnic area(s) with those brick barbeque ovens that you just have to toss a bag of briquets in to. I will check with the park in a few minutes and post back.

Anxious to see all you nuts..(myself included, of course... lol)
Yeah I was wondering if there had to be reservations or something like that. How are we all gonna find each other too?

JimHare
06-01-06, 08:11 AM
Attached is text of message I received from NJ Park person - Looks like we're good with grills onsite:

Jim - Monmouth has picnic areas located near the visitior center which include picnic tables, charcoal grills, water and restrooms. You would need to bring your own charcoal. I would give the park office a call at 732-462-9616 to let them know of your groups intention so there would not be any problems when you arrive.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Michele

I'll call the park either today or tomorrow - I have client stuff today but if I forget there's always tomorrow...tomorrow, the sun'll come out tomorrow..bet your bottom....ack!!!!

DopeStar 156
06-01-06, 11:15 AM
Attached is text of message I received from NJ Park person - Looks like we're good with grills onsite:

I'll call the park either today or tomorrow - I have client stuff today but if I forget there's always tomorrow...tomorrow, the sun'll come out tomorrow..bet your bottom....ack!!!!
Oh cool, thanks for checking in on that......

So what time can we all expect to meet there?

JimHare
06-01-06, 04:25 PM
I don't know about the rest but it's about 1.5 to 2 hours for me up at Exit 7 (8?) of the NJTP. Seeing as how I live about 3 miles from Exit 0 at the DMB, I expect to make my entrance around 11 AM or so-ish...

It would be nice if someone who lives CLOSE by (maybe within 10 miles or so??) could check it out ahead of time and suggest a landmark in the park - like "there's a nice spot about two hundred yards away from the Visitor Center near the picnic area" or something like that. I've never been there, and don't see a park map anywhere, but I'd assume that somewhere near the picnic area would be the best spot - always park where you can eat, one of my mottos.. :)

Now, who lives closest? C'mon, fess up

danbuc
06-01-06, 10:52 PM
Around Exit 7? That's about an hour and a half from me. I could easily be there before 12...like 10 or 11. Probably 11, cause 10 is too damn early.

DopeStar 156
06-02-06, 01:18 AM
always park where you can eat, one of my mottos.. :)
Oh yeah. I intend to make a line up on the grass. Hahaha. I'm North Jersey, so I'm over an hour away and kinda busy to really check it out. Hopefully someone's closer.....

Jamler
06-03-06, 11:27 AM
I don't know about the rest but it's about 1.5 to 2 hours for me up at Exit 7 (8?) of the NJTP. Seeing as how I live about 3 miles from Exit 0 at the DMB, I expect to make my entrance around 11 AM or so-ish...

It would be nice if someone who lives CLOSE by (maybe within 10 miles or so??) could check it out ahead of time and suggest a landmark in the park - like "there's a nice spot about two hundred yards away from the Visitor Center near the picnic area" or something like that. I've never been there, and don't see a park map anywhere, but I'd assume that somewhere near the picnic area would be the best spot - always park where you can eat, one of my mottos.. :)

Now, who lives closest? C'mon, fess up

I'm pretty close... About a 40 minute ride... My inlaws live in Manalapan
So I know right where this place is... My problem is I have so much do
I may not be able to get there... I hope I could come for at least a couple hours.

How many we got comin???

DopeStar 156
06-10-06, 02:37 PM
Well the meet is exactly a week from today, are we all set to go on this? Does anyone know if the park is cool with this?

EldoFatboy
06-10-06, 03:29 PM
There are only two parking lots: big one by the Visitor Center; small one by the picnic area and pavillion. Can bbq in grills provided at picnic area; no grills provided or allowed at tables adjacent to big lot/visitor center.

Blackout
06-10-06, 06:51 PM
Ok so after reading all of this info I am totally confused about what the date is and where it is at. So how about someone lay out all of the details of this in a single post so some late comers know what is going on

DopeStar 156
06-11-06, 01:50 AM
Ok so after reading all of this info I am totally confused about what the date is and where it is at. So how about someone lay out all of the details of this in a single post so some late comers know what is going on
Saturday, June 17, 2006.
Monmouth Battlefield State Park.
Show up around noon.
Directions.... (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Manalapan&state=NJ&address=275+County+Road+522&zoom=7)

*Bows*

mauricepalmer9494
06-11-06, 11:24 AM
Well the meet is exactly a week from today, are we all set to go on this? Does anyone know if the park is cool with this?
What's up Dopestar, Big Moe here. The club and I are ready! Hopefully will have a good turn out. Coming from Newark we should arrive around 1pm. Where are we meeting and did you guys have a set time to arrive?

DopeStar 156
06-12-06, 01:23 AM
Read above....