: RE : TINTED TAILS by AVON CUSTOMS . . .

outofdablue
11-11-05, 05:25 PM
I just got my taillights back from Avon Customs Wheels. I have to say that this guy (Ernie) is very anal. There were absolutely no defects in the tinting what-so-ever. No running of the paint, no dimples or dust marks at all. They look and feel as smooth as glass. When you look at them it looks like they were tinted from the inside, like they came from the factory that way. I can't believe how wonderful they came out. I would recommend him to anyone that wants there tails tinted. He is also a supporting vendor and his prices are A LOT CHEAPER than others. When I had my Ext, I got my tails done by smokelamps.com and its not even comparable. Ernie is actually a collision body shop and his knowledge and experience definately shows in his work. After he started tinting them, he sent me pictures (email) to show me how they looked. Also sends you a tracking link to track your package. Got them back in three days. GREAT GUY ! ! ! Thanks again Ernie.

*Once I get my camera back I will try to post some pics*

Boombotz
11-11-05, 09:30 PM
It is always great to hear good stuff about supporting vendors. I went and looked at the web page a few days ago it looked great. Can't wait to see the pics! Will be something I may do in the real near future.

Avon Custom Wheels
11-11-05, 09:36 PM
Wow I'M SPEECHLESS. Its nice when someone actually appreciates your work. When I do something for a customer, whether it be collision work or something as simple as tinting a taillamp, I do it like I would want it done for myself. Thank You I couldn't have asked for a better more sincere compliment.

Ernie

Avon Custom Wheels
11-11-05, 09:43 PM
I Almost Forgot To Post The Photos Of His Lamps

vietfob714
11-11-05, 10:03 PM
how much is it to tint the tail lights

Avon Custom Wheels
11-11-05, 10:07 PM
Tails are $95. plus shipping

slk230mb
11-11-05, 11:54 PM
Nice work Avon, those look great. :thumbsup:

vietfob714
11-12-05, 11:27 AM
wow thats a good price... hey can you email me some info... i'd like to tint my tails

vietfob714@yahoo.com

outofdablue
11-12-05, 11:59 AM
Yeah, that's real cheap. Believe me I did my research before I got my tails done. Most places charge $250 and up.

Synergetic
11-12-05, 03:07 PM
My friend just got his taillights smoked by Ernie on his 300c and got them back to Northern Cali within 3 days!! I believe he sent them to New Jersey. I don't know about you, but thats quick!

Avon Custom Wheels
11-12-05, 04:00 PM
Synergetic,
Is your friend Ryan? If so I wish he would have told me he was overnighting those to me. I would have suggested buying a set. Yes we are in New Jersey, and yes he got them back in 3 days, and yes it is a great price. Like outofdablue stated I am "anal" about my work. I truly appreciate all of you giving me the business. If you check out the tail website I put Ryan's photos up. While your there check my other site out, its www.avoncustomwheels.com. We also do wheels & grilles for the lades.

suckit
11-12-05, 04:01 PM
What's the pricing with the 3rd brake light for teh regular Lades?

Avon Custom Wheels
11-12-05, 05:32 PM
Pricing for the regular lades Tail lamps are $95 & the large 3rd lamp is $45. Shipping is going to be extra since we have to send in 2 separate boxes or if its all in one then its going to be oversized.

Escolade
11-12-05, 06:30 PM
How dark are the ones in the picture? I think I might have the tailights done on my black Z-28. :D

Avon Custom Wheels
11-12-05, 06:32 PM
They are medium

Escolade
11-12-05, 06:36 PM
They are medium

Can you show me a picture of the light tint?

Avon Custom Wheels
11-12-05, 07:19 PM
Honestly we have't done any in light tint, everyone goes for medium

Synergetic
11-13-05, 12:21 PM
Synergetic,
Is your friend Ryan? If so I wish he would have told me he was overnighting those to me. I would have suggested buying a set. Yes we are in New Jersey, and yes he got them back in 3 days, and yes it is a great price. Like outofdablue stated I am "anal" about my work. I truly appreciate all of you giving me the business. If you check out the tail website I put Ryan's photos up. While your there check my other site out, its www.avoncustomwheels.com (http://www.avoncustomwheels.com). We also do wheels & grilles for the lades.

Yeah, thats him... Ryan. :thumbsup:

I actually didn't know it was you that did his, but it was lucky guess since he said he got it done by someone in Jersey.

Falkolade
11-13-05, 12:51 PM
Honestly we have't done any in light tint, everyone goes for medium

Can you do them dark though... almost pitch black?

Avon Custom Wheels
11-13-05, 03:30 PM
Folkolade, Yes they can be done dark, or even in a tu-tone tint. Sort of set up like I have on my EXT. The " taped out " area would be a little bigger on ths standard lade but similar in design to my EXT which is the pics I posted in a earlier thread. You can also see them on my tail lamp site.

Avon Custom Wheels
11-13-05, 03:33 PM
Synergetic,

Did you design the Elite Motorspotz website? Funny, I found them on a Mercedes forum and emailed them wondering if they would be interested in tinted tails for their customers, and saw Synergetic Studios on his site. Small world if its you.

Synergetic
11-13-05, 04:26 PM
Synergetic,

Did you design the Elite Motorspotz website? Funny, I found them on a Mercedes forum and emailed them wondering if they would be interested in tinted tails for their customers, and saw Synergetic Studios on his site. Small world if its you.

Haha, small world. Yeah, my company designed that website. Unfortanetely that website was put together very quickly and poorly by one of my employees. Elite Motorsportz actually recently came to us seeking a new website which is right around the corner from going live. I know the owner at Elite Motorsportz, I can talk to him for you. He knows A LOT of people and will blow up your business. He does a lot of upholstery work and sells a large quantity of designer fabric material like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc.

Avon Custom Wheels
11-13-05, 05:59 PM
Wow a really small world. The designer fabric thing might be helpful to me. We are expanding our business to do basically what he does. Stereos, Video, wheels performance upgrades. Theres not of people doing that here in New Jersey. The most famous is Will from Unique Autosports, but I don't want to get started on him. I would appreciate the shout out to the owner of Elite, like I said I emailed him but you have first hand knowledge of my work which is even better. Thanks again.

Ernie

04SilverEXT
11-14-05, 10:14 AM
hey, if I send you my tails from my EXT overnight, how long to get them back? I dont have another car to drive so I am tryin to figure out another way to do it...maybe I can buy another set on ebay or somthin..let me know what you suggest...thanks

slk230mb
11-14-05, 10:51 AM
Avon, what's the link for the tail light site, I can't find it. I must be overlooking it.

Avon Custom Wheels
11-14-05, 01:09 PM
I sell the lamps outright off www.avoncustomwheels.com The tinting service where as you send me yours is done off www.tintmytaillamps.com I hope I not confusing anyone. SilverEXT if you go on the 2nd page of the Escalade section you will find an earlier post I did about the tail lamps. I currently have an EXT set available on our exchange program. Take a look at that an email me or post if you have any other questions.

Ernie

blingblingcv
11-14-05, 06:11 PM
Wow a really small world. The designer fabric thing might be helpful to me. We are expanding our business to do basically what he does. Stereos, Video, wheels performance upgrades. Theres not of people doing that here in New Jersey. The most famous is Will from Unique Autosports, but I don't want to get started on him. I would appreciate the shout out to the owner of Elite, like I said I emailed him but you have first hand knowledge of my work which is even better. Thanks again.

Ernie

Unique Autosports did my tvs in my escalade, great job they did.

Justin Sane
01-26-06, 11:28 PM
Anyone got any pics of a black escalade with the tinted tails??? I want to see how it will looks??

I did this several years ago on a mustang I had. All I did was add a bit of black base coat to some clear coat. They looked pimp, but I went to dark and it was really hard to see my taillights.

If anyone has picks on a black lade I would appreciate to see them. I may have them done in medium.

Thanks,
Justin:hide:

jrs05caddyext
01-27-06, 09:43 AM
Anyone got any pics of a black escalade with the tinted tails??? I want to see how it will looks??

I did this several years ago on a mustang I had. All I did was add a bit of black base coat to some clear coat. They looked pimp, but I went to dark and it was really hard to see my taillights.

If anyone has picks on a black lade I would appreciate to see them. I may have them done in medium.

Thanks,
Justin:hide:

Here ya go bro...

clubrph
01-27-06, 07:55 PM
hi how much to do the tu-tone. i have a black escalade and what the surrounding black and inside the small area red ? how much? thanks.

Justin Sane
01-28-06, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the pics.
Any complaints that it is too hard to see the taillights when lit????

mikeee
03-03-06, 01:10 PM
I sell the lamps outright off www.avoncustomwheels.com (http://www.avoncustomwheels.com) The tinting service where as you send me yours is done off www.tintmytaillamps.com (http://www.tintmytaillamps.com) I hope I not confusing anyone. SilverEXT if you go on the 2nd page of the Escalade section you will find an earlier post I did about the tail lamps. I currently have an EXT set available on our exchange program. Take a look at that an email me or post if you have any other questions.

ErnieYour site only shows EXT tails for sale, do you sell a dark tint (not medium) for the standard escalade?