: Carbon Deposit HELP FAST

ELDORACER
11-11-05, 12:25 AM
i was trying to clean out my carbon deposits from my engine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=506828#) because i just got my car and i heard that cold engine knock was a problem with the northstar engine. i followed the directions left in a post. i got a arosol can of top engine cleaner and i warmed up the engine to operating temp and then i put it in the pcv valve everthing was going good i then reved the engine to 2000rpms and the white smoke started comming out it was making a funny sound so i let my foot off the pedal and the engine stalled. did i do something wrong. put to much cleaner in. i hope i didnt hydrolock my engine should i start my engine is this normal

eldorado1
11-11-05, 12:52 AM
Sounds like you did it just right.

Next time though, I would not lift off the gas, and just shut it off with the key. Doesn't make much of a difference, but you might get some codes now.

Let it sit overnight, then start it up tomorrow morning, and let it idle a bit to warm up... Then raise the rpms back up to 2000 and keep it there until all the smoke is gone. As long as you didn't raise the RPM above 2000, the likelyhood of hydrolocking is about 0.0000013%. And just to quell your fears, if it DID hydrolock, it would feel like someone crashed into you from in front. Well, and it'd sound like somebody hitting your engine with a 10lb sledge.

ELDORACER
11-11-05, 01:40 AM
thank you so much now i can go to sleep lol