: Modern Marvels

urbanski
11-09-05, 08:22 PM
http://www.historychannel.com/modernmarvels/

Any of you huge fans like me? I mean look at tonights lineup....glue, paint, rubber....TV just doesn't get any better!! Few shows ago was about auto parts.

Wife hates the show...leaves to read a book. So am i just odd?? lol

Kev
11-09-05, 08:26 PM

Any of you huge fans like me? I mean look at tonights lineup....glue, paint, rubber....TV just doesn't get any better!! Few shows ago was about auto parts.

Wife hates the show...leaves to read a book. So am i just odd?? lol"Huughhh!" (in Tim Allen fashion) "Err, Ohhh!" :yup:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-09-05, 08:29 PM
i watch ALOT of history channel and military channel .....esp since speed channel went to shit after nascar took it over ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-09-05, 08:35 PM
I love watching "Modern Marvels". But I love "Automobiles" even more, its on History Channel at 6AM central time on Saturday mornings. That show documents the history of a certain brand. I have seen episodes on Cadillac, Rolls Royce, Jeep, Mercedes Benz. The only problem with these is they were all made in '94-'95 so its a little outdated.

RobertCTS
11-09-05, 09:12 PM

Wife hates the show...leaves to read a book. So am i just odd?? lol

Urbanski,
I love the history channel!! We're both freaks!!:D

AlBundy
11-09-05, 09:26 PM
I love it too. It really gives you a good idea about how things came to be from the start so it makes me have more of an appreciation for the things around us.

thu
11-09-05, 10:11 PM
I wish I could get the History Channel. I watch it occasionally at a friend's house.

powerglide
11-09-05, 10:29 PM
Thank goodness for History/Travel/Discovery/TLC/NationalGeographic channel.....otherwise god knows WHAT I'd be watching....maybe Judge Judy or maybe even Jerry Springer!!

There's this ingrained guilt I feel for watching TV.....but I think we should feel PROUD of the fact we are learning when we watch History/Travel/Discovery/TLC/NationalGeographic.....or at least just as proud as folks who think reading is the bomb!

Blackout
11-10-05, 07:34 AM
I watch the History Channel like its my job! I love it! Modern Marvels is a cool show. I liked the one about the truck drivers up in Canada i think it was that have to drive over the frozen lake. And they also do the disasters on there to every once in awhile which is also neat to see as to why stuff failed ie. Tacoma Narrows Bridge. But they have cool military stuff on there like one of my fav's military blunders. And they always have stuff about WWII on there which I love because that war is what interests me the most and is why I wanted to become a history teacher

DeVillish
11-10-05, 08:27 AM
yeah that show is cool. I LOVE TLC just cause of Overhaulin! And yeah...home come ever since fox bought Speed they show 90% nascrap?? Oh and lets not forget Spike's Power block and the best show ever, MXC!!

RobertCTS
11-10-05, 09:25 AM
I watch the History Channel like its my job! I love it! Modern Marvels is a cool show. I liked the one about the truck drivers up in Canada i think it was that have to drive over the frozen lake. And they also do the disasters on there to every once in awhile which is also neat to see as to why stuff failed ie. Tacoma Narrows Bridge. But they have cool military stuff on there like one of my fav's military blunders. And they always have stuff about WWII on there which I love because that war is what interests me the most and is why I wanted to become a history teacher

Modern Marvels is great. Mankind amazes me by what they have accomplished. Bridge design is a big example as they span impossible distances. Skyscrapers that bend and flex to survive earthquakes and hurricanes, impossible tunnels plus space travel.

Yet we can't explain how the Egyptians built the pyramids...other than aliens.

malcolm
11-10-05, 09:56 AM
I watch it every night, the charming lovely bride hates it, but what does she know, she drives a Saturn. Must be something about Cadillac owners and History channel.

urbanski
11-10-05, 10:11 AM
yeah, lol :D

davesdeville
11-10-05, 10:33 AM
I like the history channel.

TLC went to absolute shit when they started all that 'trading spaces' type crap. I hate those shows. I used to sit down and watch all kinds of cool crap about aircraft, hovercraft, bullet trains and everything interesting. Now it's girly crap.

RobertCTS
11-10-05, 10:34 AM
I watch it every night, the charming lovely bride hates it, but what does she know, she drives a Saturn. Must be something about Cadillac owners and History channel.

Well, the Cadillac is a Legend.. Saturn, the car, has no history.

powerglide
11-10-05, 01:13 PM
What pisses me off about Discovery Channel is how they have fragmented their line-up to increase revenue. What I mean is why the hell do I have to pay extra to get Discovery Airplane Channel (or whatever its called) and Dicovery Car (or whatever)? They used to have all those shows on Discovery, but now its all gone because they've packaged them out as premium channels.......Cut it out Discovery!!