: Worst wreck and walk away I've EVER seen

CVP33
11-09-05, 07:02 PM
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/999/

Boombotz
11-09-05, 07:14 PM
Damn!!! That was crazy!! All I can say is he was freaking lucky.

powerglide
11-09-05, 07:16 PM
Thats like a magic trick or something!?

urbanski
11-09-05, 07:20 PM
that's their new energy absorbing wall isnt it

Stoneage_Caddy
11-09-05, 07:22 PM
if it wasnt for the "hans device" he wouldnt have survived ...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-09-05, 07:24 PM
i think thats the new wall but im not sure ....camra angles are off ....but i think nascar had them installed at every track they run at ...but he hit so hard he moved the concrete barrier

Ralph
11-09-05, 09:03 PM
Wow, the safety guys sure did their homework on that car. If he would have been hit directly by that car after the intiial impact that might have been it for him!

DDS rollin a CTS
11-09-05, 09:11 PM
Damn I bet he was sore in the morning! I remember a bad wreck a few years ago at Atlanta??? I think. Guy got turned around on the back stretch and hit the angled inside wall at almost full speed while going backwards. Fuel cell went flying across the track and exploded as another car drove through the wreckage. To my knowlege the driver was more or less ok, but his car DIDNT EXIST behind the drivers seat and the race was red flagged for a couple of hours while they repaired the wall. Funniest part was as they were going through the replays you could see this guy in the infield right by the fence about 20 or 30 feet from where the car hit. It was coming almost straight at him but he was looking the other way. When the car hit the wall his head spun around so fast as he simultaneously ducked. Judging from the guys response I imagine he had to go change his pants!

PAW 47
11-09-05, 09:19 PM
Saferbarriers are the best thing that has come to nascar and the hans device... If I could afford one I'd own one..when I start doing open track events but there expensive.. :(