: seen a Bentley Continental GT last night!

Adam
11-09-05, 06:11 PM
ok mind you all this is little ole east tennessee, not very many of these things around. i got one of the nicest cars in the area. anyway, i am leaving work and i see this black car rolling past. Bentley grille and i think, weird, what kind of coupe would have that kind of grille on it. then i seen it in my headlights the symbols and all. the guy was driving slow. i pulled out behind him and we are stopped at a red light. what a nice car that is. (oh when the light went green i jumped in the lane next to him and he stared at my car)

SpeedyArizona
11-09-05, 06:18 PM
A couple weeks ago something like that happened to me. I pulled up to a stoplight and right alongside came a Bentley GT. First I thought it was another 3-Series, but then I saw the grille and though "Rich (well I won't say what I thought :D)".

Very classy looking car though.

mccombie_5
11-09-05, 06:19 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/normal/2004-Bentley-Continental-GT-Side-Sp.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/normal/bentley_continental_gt_2002_02_m1.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/normal/BentleyContinentalGT2005-1024x768.jpg

Theyre nice, these are nicer :p

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/normal/1997-Turbo-R-Royal-Blue.jpg
Delicious Turbo R

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/normal/Bentley_Arnage_R.jpg
And not forgetting, my next model from Bentley, the Arnage.

LittleB
11-09-05, 06:21 PM
OMG the Bently Continental GT is SO SEXY!!!!! I can't even look at it....it drives me crazy.

mccombie_5
11-09-05, 06:26 PM
OMG the Bently Continental GT is SO SEXY!!!!! I can't even look at it....it drives me crazy.

LOL

Well Really?:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

I happen to have the VW version, with four doors, not as cool is it :(

ah well, here are the cool dudes anyway :cool2: :cool2:

Adam
11-09-05, 06:27 PM
yup, but black. it was real nice, i couldnt believe i seen it at first. i thought (this is gonna sound crazy but it was dark when i first caught it) it was a Mustang. it was dark outside dammit! i could hardly tell, the grille made me look a little harder. i knew it was a Bentley style grille, thats why i kept my eye on it. got in my headlights and i was shocked :eek: . actually i think it belongs to a doctor here, they had some kind of conference til late last night and didnt leave until i was leaving (at 2330... 11:30 pm). i havent seen it out here before, if i do im gonna get pics. which reminds me... i gotta take some pics of my car with all the new symbols i put on her... cost me 140 bucks for the symbols (i put them on myself).

mccombie_5
11-09-05, 06:39 PM
Theyre nice, but they seem to be getting mistaken for alot of lesser cars, which is good for the lesser cars, but not so great for your $190,000 car!

Adam
11-09-05, 06:47 PM
Theyre nice, but they seem to be getting mistaken for alot of lesser cars, which is good for the lesser cars, but not so great for your $190,000 car!

its probably because the car is so rare that no one is gonna (at first glance) think its a Bentley. i compared it to a Ford! youre right, it is good for the lesser cars but for the car itself that isnt so great. i would be kind of mad if someone mistook my car for a... oh wait, nothing else on the planet looks like my car (well STS but that is keeping it Cadillac so i dont care).

mccombie_5
11-09-05, 06:50 PM
its probably because the car is so rare that no one is gonna (at first glance) think its a Bentley. i compared it to a Ford! youre right, it is good for the lesser cars but for the car itself that isnt so great. i would be kind of mad if someone mistook my car for a... oh wait, nothing else on the planet looks like my car (well STS but that is keeping it Cadillac so i dont care).

Ford Fusion :p

urbanski
11-09-05, 06:56 PM
aw hell yeah they are SWEET! i've seen 2 here in SA, neither time did I have the chance to "run" with him lol
definitely a car i aspire to own

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-09-05, 08:08 PM
I saw a black Continental GT at a VW dealer near me, and I almost soiled myself. They didnt let me sit in it, but I stared at it for a good 5 minutes, and took many many pics on my camera phone.

Adam
11-09-05, 08:44 PM
aw hell yeah they are SWEET! i've seen 2 here in SA, neither time did I have the chance to "run" with him lol
definitely a car i aspire to own

hey if you buy one will you get me one too?

Adam
11-09-05, 08:45 PM
I saw a black Continental GT at a VW dealer near me, and I almost soiled myself. They didnt let me sit in it, but I stared at it for a good 5 minutes, and took many many pics on my camera phone.

did you check yourself? you just might have soiled yourself... reason they wouldnt let you sit in it.:D

Jesda
11-09-05, 08:51 PM
At my university, I saw someone in the student lot wedge a black Continental GT between a Dodge Caravan and a Grand Am. The person that stepped out was a slender teenage girl.

Show some respect! Park it far far away!

ShadowLvr400
11-09-05, 11:38 PM
Seen them before... Had one stomp me too. I hit it, he hit it... I made 70-90 in the time he was 70- off in the distance...

LittleB
11-09-05, 11:42 PM
LOL
Well Really?:eyebrow: :eyebrow:
I happen to have the VW version, with four doors, not as cool is it :(
ah well, here are the cool dudes anyway :cool2: :cool2:

I like your VW Phaeton!! :p :bouncy:

Ralph
11-10-05, 12:26 AM
GT is my favorite unobtainable luxury sport coupe!

powerglide
11-10-05, 02:52 AM
Anyone see that footage of Paris Hilton and her 'wrecked' Continental GT?

Drunk driving, slam into parked truck, they fess up to the cops they're drunk, but they let em go without a alchohol level check!!

That really pisses me off......anyone else woulda had a DUI. Lost their job, screw up your life royally!

***VIDEO http://tmz.aol.com/

PARIS Hilton's Greek shipping heir beau bumped a costly car into a parked truck while blindly driving away from paparazzi outside a Hollywood nightclub on Wednesday, according to video recording.
In the wake of the 2:30am (9:30pm AEST) fender-bender, Los Angeles police were investigating whether two officers properly handled their response to the incident.

Video by TMZ.com entertainment shows Stavros Niarchos in the driver's seat of a Bentley, surrounded by paparazzi.

Hilton and Kimberly Stewart, daughter of singer Rod Stewart, were in the luxury car, along with MTV star Talan Torriero.

Niarchos yanked a jacket over his head, then drove the $238,800 Bentley into the back of a truck from a movie company crew filming in the neighborhood, according to the video.

The hood of the Bentley was damaged.

Advertisement:
After a few seconds, the car backed up then sped away, narrowly missing a bystander.

TMZ cameras later filmed police officers with the stopped Bentley and the occupants standing outside the automobile.

Torriero says, "I'm the only sober one, let's just go," and offers to drive, according to the video.

Paris thanked the police officers, who let the celebrity bad-girl and her companions go. Hilton blew the officers a kiss and says, "We love the police."

TMZ noted that no sobriety tests were conducted.

"After reviewing the tape, I can see where there could be some concerns about the appropriateness of the officers' actions," Hollywood-area police captain Michael Moriarty said in a television news interview.

"There will be an investigation into that to determine if they acted appropriately or not."

Police Lt Paul Vernon confirmed that the officers' actions were being investigated, but noted there was no report of an accident and that it wasn't clear whether there were legal grounds to perform sobriety checks.

"If an officer can't place a person behind the wheel, they won't be able to arrest anyone for driving under the influence," Lt Vernon said.

Video showed Hilton on the lap of a man in the front seat of the stopped Bentley and an officer making her sit properly in the car, Lt Vernon said.

"The person driving is not the same person who was driving when the car hit the truck. He walked away. The accident did not happen in the officers' presence," Lt Vernon said.

Hilton's publicist could not be reached for comment.

They crashed into a parked car! They admitted they were not sober! What do they mean 'nothing criminal was done'!?? (ok.....gotta relax)

HotRodSaint
11-10-05, 11:51 AM
East Tennessee...gotta love East Tennessee for the simple life.

In my 3 years there, I saw one '60's Jaguar E-type Roadster and one '60's Ferrari Spyder. Those were all the exotics that I saw in 3 years. Everyone else had Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs.

Knoxville didn't even have a Mini franchise when I left, you had to drive to Nashville or Atlanta.

The first week back here in Southern California, I saw a Porsche GT. And there are so many Bentley GT's in Newport Beach, that they aren't even exotic to me anymore.

For what my house in SoCal is now worth, I could sell it, move to East Tennessee, buy a bigger home on some acreage and park a Bentley GT in the garage. I must really love SoCal not to do that...