: dodge charger to enter formula drift next year.

Dado DTM
11-09-05, 01:23 PM
Hopefully we can get a Cadillac in there :)

Here is a picture of the charger.

http://drift-caddy.com/photogallery/albums/Drift-Cars/driftmopar1.jpg

http://drift-caddy.com/photogallery/albums/Drift-Cars/driftmopar2.jpg

Dado DTM
11-09-05, 01:47 PM
and here is a good video from a pro event.

http://www.sleeper7.net/~d1fujispeedway/D1%20oct%2024%202005.wmv

V-Max
11-09-05, 07:55 PM
I wonder how that will work drifting a slushbox?! I wonder if they'll covert it to a manual?

Norm

Katshot
11-09-05, 08:25 PM
Auto transmissions CAN be shifted manually you know. I remember seeing a video of a 300C doing a hellious drift slide right after they came out. Not sure where it was from but it DID look cool as hell!

MadMike
11-10-05, 04:41 PM
imho......the scoop looks really stupid ....

slk230mb
11-10-05, 07:42 PM
That's pretty sweet looking IMHO.

powerglide
11-10-05, 07:44 PM
yeah I hate to admit this but these Chargers are really startin to grow on me!

terrible one
11-10-05, 07:46 PM
yeah I hate to admit this but these Chargers are really startin to grow on me!

My thoughts exactly. Still can't beat the real thing though :rolleyes:

DeVillish
11-11-05, 04:56 AM
yes they can...and did. Muscle Car mag did a New VS old with a '70 440 powered 4 speed Charger R/T VS the new charger. The new charger was faster in the slolom(sp?) out stopped and ran the 1/4 mile faster then the 440 charger. Oh but i forgot its got 4 doors. Anyway I cant wait to see the Chrager drift car in action, Mopar still wont let all the details out on the specs, on the web site ( ww.mopardrift.com ) it says "under development" for just about everything, even the trany....i think the might have changed it.

RobertCTS
11-11-05, 07:38 AM
I suggest they add a second spoiler. More is better.:bouncy:

terrible one
11-11-05, 08:00 AM
yes they can...and did. Muscle Car mag did a New VS old with a '70 440 powered 4 speed Charger R/T VS the new charger. The new charger was faster in the slolom(sp?) out stopped and ran the 1/4 mile faster then the 440 charger. Oh but i forgot its got 4 doors. Anyway I cant wait to see the Chrager drift car in action, Mopar still wont let all the details out on the specs, on the web site ( ww.mopardrift.com ) it says "under development" for just about everything, even the trany....i think the might have changed it.

I didn't mean beat as in racing, I meant to say that I prefer the old Chargers body style, etc.

DeVillish
11-11-05, 08:44 AM
ah well thats different. I love the old Chargers, but i gota defend the new charger when people bash it for having four doors and not being retro. Not saying that you were doing that terrible one. Its amazing how many people get on the charger forums just to tellus they dont like the Charger cause its a 4 door. Hell thats one if the reason i got it. I had the big 2 door coupe and i got sick of getting out to let poeple in. And getting a baby back there...not fun. Anyway back to drifting. Dado! you bum lol, i was all hyped up thinking you had a video of a Charger drifting lol. Oh and Kat, where you talking about the motor trend video or another one? got a link??

powerglide
11-11-05, 12:14 PM
I suggest they add a second spoiler. More is better.:bouncy:

Wow! How can that huge airfoil stay attached to that wimpy little wing below??
I bet it flaps around like a .... in the wind :D

RobertCTS
11-11-05, 12:56 PM
Wow! How can that huge airfoil stay attached to that wimpy little wing below??
I bet it flaps around like a .... in the wind :D

I wonder if he thinks it looks cool or is he laughing at himself?

Dado DTM
11-11-05, 01:05 PM
Seems that Samuel Hubinette will be driving this car and I am sure he will do well. He has been competing in the viper for the last 2 years and he actually won the championship last year.

DeVillish
11-11-05, 01:08 PM
go mopar! Hey do you know if they will still have the Viper along with the Charger, or just the charger?

Dado DTM
11-11-05, 01:11 PM
Just one car I believe.

DeVillish
11-11-05, 01:14 PM
ohhhh, hey are you and the V going to be in the D1 next year??

powerglide
11-11-05, 01:16 PM
I wonder if he thinks it looks cool or is he laughing at himself?

LOL, no chance. He's a goner.

Dado DTM
11-11-05, 01:22 PM
ohhhh, hey are you and the V going to be in the D1 next year??

D1 is the Japanese series. The US Series is Formula D in which the Mopar car would be in along with the GTO, Mustangs, and so on... www.formulad.com

We are trying to compete in a V but all depends if we get the support/budget to compete.

DeVillish
11-11-05, 01:24 PM
ohh yeah...think i've been in japan to long lol! I do need to go to a D1 event before i leave though. Well i hope you guys get it, sure would be nice to see a GTO, Charger, and CTS-V drifting.

davesdeville
11-12-05, 06:10 AM
If there's a V... I just might care enough to watch. The GTO last year was pretty cool..

powerglide
11-12-05, 06:12 AM
You still up Dave?

----I used to watch alot of outlaw drifitng back in the day by the pier in Yokohama!

davesdeville
11-12-05, 06:33 AM
Who sleeps at night, honestly?

Yeah I'm up. Like I just said I've gotta get used to night sleep again for my job... :(

The only "drifting" I've really ever seen is a couple guys in a BIG ass parking lot. The cops showed so I bailed pretty quick though.

powerglide
11-12-05, 06:57 AM
I'm tiiiired.....I am gonna hit the sack when Futurama is over.....I went out with a coworker (SMOKIN HOT Brazillian girl, volleyball player!) she brought her two friends, blonde vb player and blonde nurse, all 6 foot model like girls.....I can't just goto sleep if you know what I mean :D