: NEW IDEA: A sticky used parts thread?

04CTSVFLA
11-09-05, 11:47 AM
I was wondering if maybe a used parts thread could get started ranging from aftermarket parts to oem parts. Alot of forums have them, and its a great way for people looking for things to get them without posting threads everytime asking for stuff. And it is also good for people with spare parts laying around, they get to turn that into some $$$ without posting threads. Just an opinion, and I think itd be a good thread.

Joey'sVee
11-09-05, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a great idea...less used parts laying aroung the house!

04CTSVFLA
11-09-05, 01:40 PM
MODS- how many YES's do we need to get this to STICK

CTS-VETTE 550HP
11-09-05, 01:41 PM
me likeeee..........way to go dude!!!

04CTSVFLA
11-09-05, 06:44 PM
well???????

trekster
11-09-05, 07:25 PM
Yes

B Hoth
11-09-05, 10:40 PM
It would make it easier for guys looking for the more common asked for mods such as the exhaust intake or wheels that people have after they have completed a mod. Let's do it,do it do,it! (Damn that Starskey and Hutch movie) :helpless:

04CTSVFLA
11-12-05, 02:50 PM
I dont understand. I make this thread, it is obvious supporting members, and members are interested in getting it stickied, and the mods do nothing? What do I have to do to get this stickied?

dqw1
11-12-05, 08:15 PM
I'm with you but maybe be nice to the Mod's. Not saying you should kiss ass but it Sounds like you're demanding they act when you say so. Be nice.

VELOSE
11-12-05, 08:48 PM
They can call it "CTS-V Classifieds". Yes by the way. ;)

BowenCT
11-12-05, 08:52 PM
They can call it "CTS-V Classifieds".

"CTS-V Classifieds" would lead one to believe that cars would be advertised there. I believe the intent for this thread would be, and should be, parts and accessories only.

VELOSE
11-12-05, 09:18 PM
"CTS-V Swap Meet"? :D

BowenCT
11-12-05, 09:22 PM
"CTS-V Swap Meet"? :D

Haha....that's more like it....

04CTSVFLA
11-13-05, 12:38 AM
I like that as well

Mods i was not intending to sound demanding as dqw1 says....sorry if i came acrosslike that.

daytripper
11-16-05, 12:03 PM
Since the mods didn't respond to this request, I take it the idea didn't go over so well...

It only seems fair that we should have some form of V-specific classifieds section, preferably within this section of the forum.

If guys can post here asking for V exhausts for their CTS, why can't we have something beneficial to the members. Maybe a sticky is not the way to go, but the general classified section is not the most useful tool for keeping up with parts available from fellow forum members (searches don't limit to V only parts).

Something that lets us exchange or sale parts on a real time basis with other forum members would be great. Would this infringe on the forum rules if vendors are not involved (i.e., no new parts)?

Brian R.

PneuBird
11-16-05, 12:11 PM
I'm all for the sticky! we need to know whose got used parts for sale in one specific area. That will make for less clutter on the forum. :rolleyes:

04CTSVFLA
11-16-05, 12:31 PM
I agree. Plus the design of the current classifieds is horrible. Not chronological, and is not V specific. I dont understand why the mods are choosing to BLATANTLY ignore this thread and the request for a used parts section or thread.

benjet
11-16-05, 02:56 PM
I agree. Plus the design of the current classifieds is horrible. Not chronological, and is not V specific. I dont understand why the mods are choosing to BLATANTLY ignore this thread and the request for a used parts section or thread.

We have no control over "sections", as for a sticky it's possible, we got a lot of flack for having alot of stickies, hence the semi-recent house cleaning. Due to the high traffic on this forum we'd opted for less stickies as a general rule.

PneuBird
11-17-05, 03:05 AM
There are dumb stickys and there are good stickys. The smarter ones visiting this forum will know the difference!!! :tisk:

04CTSVFLA
11-17-05, 09:08 AM
ok....i see your point. But guys, every automotive forum has a parts thread or section, yet we dont (the one we have is not IMO a good use of server space. When was the last time something was sold through there? LOL. anyways please reconsider, as I think its a needed thread.