: Repair Advice Needed in Orange County, CA

eldoradoforsale
12-09-03, 02:38 AM
Hello,

I am a first time poster here. I have a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado with about 88,000 miles. I am trying to get it prepared for selling, and I would like some advice on whether I should get some/any mechanical repairs done first. The local dealership where I take it told me it needs an oil leak fixed (repair lower case engine seal); radiator repair; and A/C repair (broke bushing).

Could anyone recommend a mechanic in the Orange County, California area that might be able to give me a package deal on the repairs? Or should I just try to take what ever I can get for it?

Thanks for any advice.

zonie77
12-09-03, 12:37 PM
The lower case engine seal is expensive, did they give you an estimate? How bad is the leak?
Clarify what bushing is bad in the A/C.
And again, clarify what radiator repair. Is it overheating or leaking?

You need to get estimates to decide. It comes down to which nets you more, fixing or not.

eldoradoforsale
12-14-03, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I got estimates and you're right, they are expensive. I am going to try to find a few mechanics in the yellow pages and see if I can compare prices.

I also put some photos up on my web page if anyone is interested.

Allante North *
12-14-03, 06:07 PM
Hello eldoradoforsale and welcome to the forum!

I would concentrate on the A/C and radiator repairs and just disclose the half case leak to potential buyers. I have the same problem with mine, and I can live with it and the small oil spots in my garage. The half case leak will run you at least $1,500+ depending on labor charges in your neck of the woods. The other problems will be small in comparison and I would concentrate on those issues. You can direct potential buyers to this site for more info on the half case leak. Unless you have an aftermarket warranty, you would have to eat the expense of this costly repair.

Just my $.02 worth.

Good Luck!