: Tired of receiving credit card offers in the mail?

FrankieSixxxgun
11-08-05, 06:02 PM
I was, so I called the number on the Capital One crap I got today (I get at least 1 every day) and it referred me to this website:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/

You go there, type your shit in, and apparently it'll register you with the 3 major credit agencies saying you don't want any of that shit anymore. Either that, or call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT. I seriously hate seeing my mailbox full of shit like that every day.

mccombie_5
11-08-05, 06:08 PM
Good site for you US guys.

Over here in Britain i get them alot.......

Or at least i did.

I Just phone them up and tell them you already have a card with them, and the details you are not willing to discuss over the telephone, and you will terminate the agreement if one more junk letter, email or pohnecall is received.

It works, and I actually have NO credit cards :D

Playdrv4me
11-08-05, 06:20 PM
You go there, type your shit in, and apparently it'll register you with the 3 major credit agencies saying you don't want any of that shit anymore. Either that, or call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT. I seriously hate seeing my mailbox full of shit like that every day.

You really are fond of the word shit aren't you. :D

mccombie_5
11-08-05, 06:25 PM

LOL I hadnt noticed!

Boombotz
11-08-05, 07:00 PM
Hey, I just received a GM Card offer in the mail for 5% rewards toward your next GM vehicle. Does anyone have this card and how are there services. I try to never keep a balance so fees and stuff are not my concern. I just hear so many things about companies being terrible when it is time to pay out on rewards. Just wondering.

ewill3rd
11-09-05, 07:41 AM
Here is the way to get them to stop.

Write VOID on the application section, circle your name and address, put all the stuff they sent to you back in the pre-paid envelope and mail it back to them. They have to pay postage on everything they send to you. After they pay to ship their garbage back to themselves they take you off their list.
Trust me, I have done it a few times.
It works like a charm.

EcSTSatic
11-09-05, 08:51 AM
I figure it's a no-win situation so I vent in my own way. I stuff the postage-paid return envelopes with grocery store coupons and send it back.
It has become a twisted form of entertainment :lildevil:

FrankieSixxxgun
11-09-05, 09:28 AM

That's my New Jersey style mouth right there. Sorry about that :D

NIK
11-09-05, 10:44 AM
Hey, I just received a GM Card offer in the mail for 5% rewards toward your next GM vehicle. Does anyone have this card and how are there services. I try to never keep a balance so fees and stuff are not my concern. I just hear so many things about companies being terrible when it is time to pay out on rewards. Just wondering.

I've had a GMCard for years and have never run a balance or paid a dime in interest - when it came time for new car puchases, I received nearly $4,000.00 in rebates towards the purchase of my last two cars. No questions asked - the deal was made at the dealership, came to a bottom line number, and the rebate I had coming at the time was deducted from that! Rebate went directly to the dealer.

RobertCTS
11-09-05, 12:17 PM
I opted out of the phone sales junk mail. It worked but know its all in my mail box!!:mad2:

Boombotz
11-09-05, 12:46 PM
I've had a GMCard for years and have never run a balance or paid a dime in interest - when it came time for new car puchases, I received nearly $4,000.00 in rebates towards the purchase of my last two cars. No questions asked - the deal was made at the dealership, came to a bottom line number, and the rebate I had coming at the time was deducted from that! Rebate went directly to the dealer.

Thanks that was what I needed to hear. I also do not keep a balance on my cards, but think I should allow the card to benefit me in some way. I will open an account for me and my husband and earn the rebate. Thanks again for your imput very helpful. I shot some points your way!:thumbsup:

DDS rollin a CTS
11-09-05, 01:05 PM
I figure it's a no-win situation so I vent in my own way. I stuff the postage-paid return envelopes with grocery store coupons and send it back.
It has become a twisted form of entertainment :lildevil:

I spent about a year working for the post office "part time" (50-60+ hrs/week) as a letter carrier during my year off between undergrad and grad school. Postage for those "postage paid" return envelopes is based on weight. All the other carriers liked to give themselves a little extra job security while screwing over the credit card companies by stuffing those envelopes solid with the heaviest sh*t we could. Cardboard, scrap paper, one guy even got a couple of aluminum cans that had been run over by a truck into one envelope. We always removed all identifying marks/barcodes though so they wouldnt stop sending em. :devilheh:

illumina
11-09-05, 03:19 PM
Here is the way to get them to stop.
Write VOID on the application section, circle your name and address, put all the stuff they sent to you back in the pre-paid envelope and mail it back to them. They have to pay postage on everything they send to you. After they pay to ship their garbage back to themselves they take you off their list.
Trust me, I have done it a few times.
It works like a charm.

I do that plus I send them mass amounts of coupons, just as Maddox sugested :D

One time I sent them so many coupons with their material enclosed, I had to use duct tape to seal the envelope! These companies never sent me another scam again...However, I still sometimes get junk like that, and you know what? They get coupons!

thu
11-09-05, 08:33 PM
One time, some company sent me a 'business directory'. Then they tried to bill me for it to the tune of $300. By law, I don't have to pay for anything I didn't order. I just tossed the bill, the 'directory' was useless to me anyways. Then they called demanding payment. I said, "I'll just throw the books away". They said, "NO! Send it back". I said, "send me a UPS call tag, I ain't gonna pay to send this back and I ain't gonna drive down to UPS to drop it off".

So, they sent a UPS call tag. I go into the alley, and load up the book into the box along with a bunch of rocks, sand, and bricks.

Sucker weighed 50 or 60 pounds. UPS picked it up. Receiver got charged the freight.

That's how you treat these scumbags.