: Tailed a 2006 GTO

DopeStar 156
11-08-05, 05:51 PM
I was riding behind one today coming home from school (even managed to keep up pretty well) and I've decided..... I need one. Haha this thing sounded bad ass and although I didn't like them when I first saw them, in person, they definately have a lot of things I like about them. This would be my dream GTO. Maybe I can snag one off lease when I graduate or something. I would love to put the Caddy on weekend fun car detail and get myself a daily driver with some gallop! Va-ROOM!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/06gto.jpg

ben72227
11-08-05, 08:12 PM
Hmmm, they're great, but I'd rather have a $30,000 car that DOESNT look like the redesigned sunfire.:p I'd wait till the next gen come outs. There are some artists renditions, and the next ones look pretty awesome...

urbanski
11-08-05, 08:16 PM
va-room is right, but if you're anything like us you'll spend as much modding it as you did on the car....lol

mccombie_5
11-08-05, 08:22 PM
Id buy one now if my wife would let me.....

Its the Vauxhall Monaro in this country :)

Better suspension, and im unsure if you get the 6.0 V8, the standard model has the 5.7

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/monarovxr05_01.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/2005-Vauxhall-Monaro-VXR-RA-1280x96.jpg

The 6.0 is of course the VXR model :D

urbanski
11-08-05, 08:37 PM
is that another brake light down center of the bumper?

Ralph
11-08-05, 08:45 PM
We're supposed to be getting the "GTO" in Canada soon...

Adam
11-08-05, 08:57 PM
hmm, i dont really care for them. i test drove one when they first came out but i just didnt care for them. i would much rather a V but i am married to Cadillac and cant help that. there was a heavily modded 04 at a Pontiac dealership when i was looking for a car. it was the only one that didnt sell (black too) so they had it modded heavily. they had about 20k worth of aftermarket stuff on it. they were asking 45k for it. cant afford that so i got muh CTS which i wouldnt trade for the world. i just need to heavily mod it so i can run Urby off the road... hey urby got any tips? also got all my symbols today, CTS symbols for the sides on the lower part of the fender, the Cadillac symbols for the C pillars and the Cadillac script for the back. cost me 140 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

urbanski
11-08-05, 09:07 PM
lol, i hung with a viper to beyond 60 and was close to 110 :p
you symbols are actually more drag :(

Adam
11-08-05, 09:15 PM
lol, i hung with a viper to beyond 60 and was close to 110 :p
you symbols are actually more drag :(

i dont care, they look good. i post some pics as soon as i get a chance. they cant be too much drag, they are just symbols, small flat symbols. its got that classic Cadillac look to it. now all i need are some chrome strips for the bottom :helpless: , actually i dont think that would look good. you know, i never thought id say it but, that no chrome look is pretty cool, that and the symbols just make it look so pretty.

STORY TIME WITH ~LOW~
OHHH, you all should have seen the girl i saw today getting out of a brand new STS (yay im finally seeing them!). perfect everything! i said "oh my lord, you are my dream girl." then i remembered i was "married" or might as well be. bad thing is my girlfriend was walking out of another store and seen me talking/ drooling... she parked right next to my CTS which was parked next to a black Escalade which was parked next to a green SLS. my girl just laughed and said the only reason i liked that chick is cause she was driving a Cadillac. yeah, my girl is awesome.

urbanski
11-08-05, 09:18 PM
the STS is a sweet looking ride :)
i want it's fog lights

CVP33
11-08-05, 09:28 PM
I had a GTO on order. After numerous delays I started reading/hearing about the CTS-V. Then it was over.

Adam
11-08-05, 10:49 PM
the STS is a sweet looking ride :)
i want it's fog lights

i much prefer the outer styling of the CTS. the interior though definitely goes to the STS. yeah the car looked pretty nice too. the girl was hotter :lildevil: .

DopeStar 156
11-08-05, 11:33 PM
Well comparing a CTS-V to a GTO isn't comparing apples to apples. I actually like the styling of this GTO once I saw it in person. I thought it had nice sports car curves and had a nice size. Not a retro sure, but that's not what I want it for. I want it for the power and the mischief which will come with such power.... :lildevil:

davesdeville
11-09-05, 08:20 AM
The GTO is freakin nice. It costs more than the Mustang, but it's worth it. Great interior, kick ass 400hp 6.0 (the only motor we get in 05-06.) The CTS-V is nice too but it's significantly more expensive.

DeVillish
11-09-05, 09:24 AM
Ok...that does it.. *starts saving for the 6.4 Hemi with 510hp* HA! that will do...get the GTO Dave....:sneaky: I like the GTO, but after getting in a stang and thinking "damn, i feel cramped, and iam only 5'2" i went with the Charger R/T...yeah i know iam crazy.

CVP33
11-09-05, 08:01 PM
Sorry I should've explained my post better. It did sound like a GTO vs. CTS-V story but it wasn't. I ordered a GTO. Actually I was #11 or 12 in the country according to GM. I wanted the car more than anything. I hadn't even seen any real pictures of the car, only stylized ones. Because of my color choice, Impulse Blue Metalic with Blue Leather Interior, my build date kept getting delayed. I finally became fed up with GM, Pontiac and the process. Had it not been for these delays I'd have bought that GTO in a heart beat. I ordered the GTO in June and it was finally built in May the following year. No one should have to wait nearly a year for any car.

Adam
11-09-05, 08:53 PM
dang, after the first three months id of said the hell with it. glad you got a Caddy!

Sorry I should've explained my post better. It did sound like a GTO vs. CTS-V story but it wasn't. I ordered a GTO. Actually I was #11 or 12 in the country according to GM. I wanted the car more than anything. I hadn't even seen any real pictures of the car, only stylized ones. Because of my color choice, Impulse Blue Metalic with Blue Leather Interior, my build date kept getting delayed. I finally became fed up with GM, Pontiac and the process. Had it not been for these delays I'd have bought that GTO in a heart beat. I ordered the GTO in June and it was finally built in May the following year. No one should have to wait nearly a year for any car.

davesdeville
11-10-05, 04:38 AM
Ok...that does it.. *starts saving for the 6.4 Hemi with 510hp* HA! that will do...get the GTO Dave....:sneaky: I like the GTO, but after getting in a stang and thinking "damn, i feel cramped, and iam only 5'2" i went with the Charger R/T...yeah i know iam crazy.

Maybe an SRT-8 6.1 425hp Charger would take a GTO... but not your R/T :duck:

Just playing. This is the first I've heard of a 6.4/510hp though. Got any more info? GM won't like having Dodge beating the LS7. And what the hell would happen to the Viper V10?

DeVillish
11-10-05, 05:32 AM
Well most of it is rummers from SEMA. They had the engine in a 71 Challenger. It is said that the engine will go in the new challenger(maybe) and the Firepower...ya know the Chysler body on a Viper chassis with a hemi engine lol. Also said to be out in crate form soon. I might just wait till someone with an SRT-8 gets the 6.4 and pick me up a 6.1 and build it up and drop it in, by then a programer should be out for the computer and i'll be good to go. I also heard that the Viper V10 might be getting a boost is cubes and power...that would be great.

Randy_W
11-10-05, 08:38 AM
The GTO is said to be getting a performance package in April or May. Name is undecided at this point, both Judge and Ram Air 427 are being considered. It will be 505 h.p. and available with both 6 speed a/t and manual. It includes larger wheels/tires and a different suspension tune. Package option cost is estimated at $7500.:thumbsup: