: Audio settings.

brtnharv
11-08-05, 03:54 PM
Hey guys I have another newb question. How do I assign default audio settings to each band of radio/xm? I go in manually and set them, then when I turn the car off everything goes back to default. Am I missing a key press or setting? thanks.

benjet
11-08-05, 04:02 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/radiopreset.html

These settings are programmed PER preset, not per band.

c4racer
11-08-05, 04:03 PM
press the pre-set button for each station, that will lock in the audio settings - you can have different audio settings for each pre-set. Pretty cool, really.

ntechnic
11-08-05, 07:21 PM
1) Tune to the band you want (XM/AM/FM)

2) Tune to the station you want

3) Press Audio, and either select an EQ (EQ1/EQ2/EQ3) or just set the balance/tones as you want

4) press Band to return to Band screen

5) Press and hold the preset button on the right that you want assigned to that station and Audio settings.

If you have station presets already, and just want to change the Audio for them:

1) Press the preset button to tune the band/station you have assigned

2) Press Audio button on the left, and select an EQ setting or customize the balance/tone controls

3) Press Band button on the left to return to Band screen

4) Press and hold the preset button for this station. This memorizes not just the station, but the Audio settings too.

Mega cool feature having optimized Audio settings for each pre-select.

brtnharv
11-09-05, 09:57 AM
Damn you guys are good. Thanks a lot.

tedcmiller
11-09-05, 02:42 PM
Many people don't realize that it is imperative after making changes to the settings for a station that you PRESS THE STATION PRESET BUTTON. If you go to a different station or band, or shut the radio off before doing this, your new settings will NOT be remembered.

Daffy
11-09-05, 02:58 PM
Funny .. this thing baffled me for a day, was drivbing me crazy I even went as far as to ppull out the manual but it didn't really help me for some reason, then like a light bulb coming on I figured it out. Laughed out loud as myself, very cool feature for sure, once you get it. doh.

D.