: Will Jaguar abandon tradition for higher sales?

Playdrv4me
11-07-05, 06:44 PM
If the following article is right, they will be doing so very soon. To me Jaguar has always been about high style, traditional luxury with lines being evoked from the earliest Jaguars through the present. Jaguars are elegant in their simplicity and classic appearance.

It appears however that Jaguar customers are demanding ever more progressive styling and abadoning of what has made Jaguar what it is to this point. The XJ for example is being passed over in favor of edgier models such as the Mercedes CLS and Maserati Quattroporte because in short, it looks too much like the old model... What gives? It is that very traditional appearance that makes a Jaguar a Jaguar! The new XK is terrific, but if all the Jags are going to get progressive then we may have another Bangle situation on our hands. Fortunately, that didnt turn out so bad for BMW afterall...

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103539

Jesda
11-07-05, 08:11 PM
I would like Jaguar to retain at least one traditional body style in their lineup, while allowing the S-type to go all laffy taffy.

powerglide
11-07-05, 08:35 PM
Interesting.....it used to be that clients complained the new models were too drastically different from the predecessors

Pimpin_Whity
11-07-05, 11:04 PM
Oh man, first it's cadillac and now it's jaguar. such a shame, i love old school looking cars. they just make me happy inside :rolleyes: