: Newbie

Rob_Rob
11-07-05, 02:37 PM
Hello all...newbie here. :thumbsup:

I just picked up my 04 CTS last week, but I've been reading some good info here for the last 3 weeks or so. I like how no one can make up their minds on what type of oil is the best, sounds like the forum I was in before! I suppose everyone will have their own opinions, that's only natural. I did notice no mention of Royal Purple? I do know that their manual transmission lubricants are great, but I have never heard of the quality of their engine oil vs. Amsoil. Anyways, just wanted to say hello with a proper introduction.

Silver '04 CTS 3.6

Rockford, Michigan

R-

Boombotz
11-08-05, 05:54 PM
:welcome: to the forum!

JimHare
11-08-05, 06:12 PM
Hello all...newbie here. :thumbsup:

I just picked up my 04 CTS last week, but I've been reading some good info here for the last 3 weeks or so. I like how no one can make up their minds on what type of oil is the best, sounds like the forum I was in before! I suppose everyone will have their own opinions, that's only natural. I did notice no mention of Royal Purple? I do know that their manual transmission lubricants are great, but I have never heard of the quality of their engine oil vs. Amsoil. Anyways, just wanted to say hello with a proper introduction.

Silver '04 CTS 3.6

Rockford, Michigan

R-

When I first got my '99 Deville in August of '01, I read somewhere that Royal Purple was a great oil for the Northstar. This was before I found this forum, BTW...I paid $120 for a five-gallon drum of it...

The engine seemed a teeny tiny bit quieter, but that's the only real benefit I could find.

Changed it at the recommended interval.

Have been using dino oil ever since. Mostly Castrol GTX. No problems with three Caddys, total of 100K+ miles of ownership.

I'd say save your money and get whatever the owner's manual recommends.

CADDYBLACK99
11-10-05, 08:51 PM
Welcome Rob!

Thanks for joining the forum!
Paul