Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS Rear Facia Assembly removal

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ikireland 
#1 ·
I am going to replace the chrome trim on the rear bumper but it says the rear facia cover (bumper cover) has to be removed to do this. How do you take it off?

Thanks

#3 ·
Someone bumped into me. Only damage was the chrome molding broke off. Got a replacement for $59.99 (retail is around $104). Thought it would be easy - just pop in the new one. Directions that came with it said to remove the whole rear facia and there are clips that hold the molding in. Can't get to them otherwise. Am I in over my head?

#5 ·
Jim V. said:
Someone bumped into me. Only damage was the chrome molding broke off. Got a replacement for $59.99 (retail is around $104). Thought it would be easy - just pop in the new one. Directions that came with it said to remove the whole rear facia and there are clips that hold the molding in. Can't get to them otherwise. Am I in over my head?
http://flic.kr/p/oMmpnG
http://flic.kr/p/owU3ug

Now if it was me, I'd just break it off then pop the new one on. That's what I did with mine

#6 ·
Thanks ikireland - where can I find those pages so I can blow up the photos so these old eyes can see them better. Thought I could just pop the new one in, but there are clips holding the studs. If I break off the studs & don't reclip the new molding, will it stay in place?

#7 ·
Jim V. said:
Thanks ikireland - where can I find those pages so I can blow up the photos so these old eyes can see them better. Thought I could just pop the new one in, but there are clips holding the studs. If I break off the studs & don't reclip the new molding, will it stay in place?
I'm a GM employee so I have access to the instructions. Don't know anywhere you are able to get them yourself.

I know when I broke mine off all the clips and studs where still in tact. If they break then it may not be that secure, but mine was fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.