: Lindsay Cadillac need help

DrMikeQ
11-06-05, 10:33 PM
james i got my rotors today but only two of them. ? don't know why. also I assume the rotors polish the brake surface once you start using them. right now the surface is all the same a liitle rough

Lindsay Cadillac
11-06-05, 10:53 PM
I don't have your tracking information right this moment, but I can check first thing in the AM...

The surface is a little rough but you don't want to machine them or anything like that. Put them on the car and seat the pads in, you'll be fine.

wildwhl
11-06-05, 11:31 PM
While we're on the topic (and I could search, but won't) -

How do you recommend seating the pads/new rotors. I remember reading somebody (Dreamin?) suggested not replacing pads and rotors at the same time. Anybody know why?

WW (awaiting rotors, sway bars, and something a little more fun for this next round of mods :sneaky: )

ctsvett
11-07-05, 02:50 AM
GM has a "burnishing procedure".. its on the FAQ in the service manual section (public one)

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sm/

Under replacing pads...

Reed

Lindsay Cadillac
11-07-05, 07:03 AM
DrMikeQ,

I just e-mailed you your tracking number for the other rotors. I'm not sure why UPS didn't get them to you at the same time, we shipped them out together. :hmm: According to their website UPS is showing a scheduled delivery of today. Let me know if they don't get there...

11-07-05, 08:45 AM
DrMikeQ,

I just e-mailed you your tracking number for the other rotors. I'm not sure why UPS didn't get them to you at the same time, we shipped them out together. :hmm: According to their website UPS is showing a scheduled delivery of today. Let me know if they don't get there...

For whatever it's worth, I have had UPS deliver simultaneous multiple-box shipments on different days, too......and I did the same thing as DrMikeQ when I got a partial delivery, that is to contact the vendor and ask wtf.....