: Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs

meyema03
11-06-05, 08:49 PM
I am planing on changing my spark plugs and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs. The guy at a local parts store recomended them but didnt give any particular reason other than "these are the best" and they are 5.99 a plug. It seems like they just have four electrodes instead of the three like on the stock plug and are made out of platinum.

TomCat
11-06-05, 11:44 PM
If you search past postings in this forum (keywords: bosch plugs) you'll find the +4's aren't widely recommended - the general consensus is to stick with the original single electrode type - I read the originals are also platinum. Hope this helps.

Eldyfig
11-06-05, 11:52 PM
The bosch +4s are not good for you at all. Parts store guy gave me the same line years ago. I bought the +2s. I have since mailed them back to bosch and got my money back. They weren't worth the darn for me. The +4s are worse from what I have read. For the north*s, we use the dual platinum acdelcos. The center electrode and the ground electrode are both platinum.

miahcornell
11-07-05, 02:00 AM
My car came stock with 3 electrode plugs. I have the +4's in my car with no problems, but i have heard some stories....

NJ_Catera
11-07-05, 08:07 AM
Mine came with the 3 prong electrodes also. I think those are the stock plugs. I had changed mine to the +4, but when I did that the car started running terribly. I then figured out that the previous owner must've never changed the wires and that the extra current was too much, so I put the stock plugs and new wires in and the car ran fine. So if you haven't changed your $200+ wires in a while I would do that before I put the +4 in.

meyema03
11-07-05, 09:29 PM
I just changed to the Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs and have seen no difference so far. Nothing bad nothing good although I expect a few more miles to the gallon but still too early to tell. I did notice however oil in the plug wells not a lot but just enough to notice on the very top part of the threads of the plugs. The vehicele has 109,000 miles so i assume just worn piston rings but with this car it could be anything. Anyone else have this situation?

cat
11-08-05, 12:39 AM
Mine had the three prong plugs and just put in the four promg plugs and runs great

Eldyfig
11-08-05, 01:23 AM
I understand I have a different engine than you guys. But, for what it is worth, I had the +2s in for at least 15k miles. I thought they were fine at first. But then I started to experience problems. The main problem was one of the plugs acquired a crack in the ceramic shell. I decided to go back to the north*s oem delco plug. Going back to the delco after riding with the bosch's for a while allowed me to feel the difference immensely.

cat
11-08-05, 06:41 PM
the catera come with bosch 3 prong and changing them to the four prong is not that big of a difference

ELDORACER
11-08-05, 11:16 PM
The bosch +4s are the worst thing you can get if you look at the plug the four electrodes shoud the spark from the fuel-air mixture not good senses

cat
11-09-05, 10:31 PM
what are you saying

Eldyfig
11-09-05, 10:49 PM
The ground electrodes shroud the spark from the air/fuel mixture, not very efficient. Looks cool though.

R-Caddy
11-14-05, 04:27 PM
those 4+ work fine for me :tease:

Warez
11-14-05, 07:13 PM
Cosidering that the factory plugs are Bosche +3, I can't imagine how +4 would be a problem.