: What is the dash warning light you get if...

GOTTSPD
11-06-05, 04:37 PM
you disconnect the CAGS system?

I installed the one I had that was for a vette (which I had to jerryrig somewhat) and I drove the car for a while last night and everything seemed hunkydory, but today, I have a check engine light. Not sure if they are related. If they are, I'll be ordering the StealthV one (once his site goes back up). If not, I'll have my first trip to the dealer... :ill:

CVP33
11-06-05, 04:51 PM
Sounds like the CAGs was the culprit. Had you said you had trouble driving the V afterwards I would've suspected you plugged into the wrong harness, but if it drove fine than that's not it.

GOTTSPD
11-06-05, 05:11 PM
The car drives perfectly. Just have a check engine light and I don't have that annoying 1-4 jump. Anyway, just to confirm, when the CAGS system is disconnected, the check engine light will be triggered?

CVP33
11-06-05, 05:14 PM
No it shouldn't be. That's why I can't figure that one out. I have a CAG's connector in now awaiting my Stealth tune and I have no C/E light. Maybe the connector is shorting but it still working. As in it eliminates the CAG's function but isn't returning the right signal back to the PCM.

Any other recent mods? CAI, Filters, Plugs? :hmm:

urbanski
11-06-05, 07:39 PM
CEL is usually emission system issue, right?

willsctsv
11-06-05, 07:53 PM
Get the Stealth V tune and he can write out the CAGS!
2 birds with one stone!

ctsvett
11-06-05, 10:06 PM
the Check Engine light will come on if the CAGS is disabled incorrectly...

They way to double check this is to call onstar and have them do a remote diagnostic... They should (you have to ask, and they have to agree to give it to you) to give you the code that is retruned.. if the code is: P0803 then the CAGS is the culprit... If not, then find out what code they give you and look it up on the FAQ here:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html

How did you get the corvette one to fit on your car? They are different connectors....

Reed

GOTTSPD
11-06-05, 10:12 PM
Well, that was kinda the problem... I jerryrigged it, but clearly it didn't work. I'm going to put the cags connector back and we'll see if that clears the code. Not sure if it'll fix itself though...

Lindsay Cadillac
11-06-05, 10:20 PM
The code won't clear by itself, it will stay in the PCM as a history code. The check engine light should go out once you reconnect the harness and the "hard" fault is eliminated...

GOTTSPD
11-06-05, 10:57 PM
Cool. Thanks everyone. I'll go pull the cags eliminator and hopefully stealthv.com will come back online soon so I can order one from them...

GOTTSPD
11-06-05, 11:35 PM
Okay, so I put the cags connector back to stock, but the check engine light is still on. I turned the car on and off many times, but it stayed on. I even drove the car to cause the cags to do the 1-4 shift, which it did, and the light stayed on...

GOTTSPD
11-07-05, 10:18 AM
Bump for James or another tech...

Lindsay Cadillac
11-07-05, 12:09 PM
After checking into it further, it appears once that code sets the vehicle has to go through 3 operating cycles before it will clear itself. The computer will test the computer aided gear shift solenoid while you are driving. Once it sets a fault code it has to test it three times and it has to pass before the light will go out. The self test will only run whiel you are driving... So, if you started it up and shut it back off the fault will remain... You may have to drive it some or you can bring it by and we can clear it for you.

GOTTSPD
11-07-05, 12:54 PM
Thanks James! You've been really great!
I'll see what happens over the next couple of days and if it doesn't go off, I'll bring it for that and for the parade clunk!