: Brake light switch

budau213
11-06-05, 11:58 AM
New to the site, so I apoligize in advance if this has been posted in the past.

I'm trying trouble shoot my brake light problem with my 2000 catera. I think it may be the brake light switch it self but am having a hard time figuring out how to get it out.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or help me with this I would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks.

meyema03
11-06-05, 08:41 PM
The break light switch is located on the underside of the dash below the steering wheel. There is a panel that you have to remove to expose the internals of the dash. Once you get that off lay on your back looking up and just trace the break pedal untill you see two switches one is white and the other is black the white one is for cc and the black one is the brake light switch. Once you get a new one from the dealer around fourty bucks if i remember correctly just unplug the connecter from the back of the switch and rip that switch out dont worry about breaking the tabs as you will be replacing it. To get the switch in i used my head to depress the brake pedal then attached the wire harness to the switch and pressed the switch into place. Just let the pedal go and that will set the switch and now your break lights should work.

Hope This Helps

Matt Meyer