: 2005 CTS-V - $3,000 rebates! WOW!

CVP33
11-05-05, 08:28 PM
GM just announced $3,000 rebates on new 2005 CTS-V's. Just doing some quick and dirty math. If you find a dealer willing to sell at invoice, say around $47K, take $3K off rebate, $1K GM credit card = new V for $43K. They're out there fellas!

Dave's V
11-06-05, 12:09 AM
You have to think GM logic though. They'll take the $3k rebate off the MRSP price (since employee discount is over) which keeps the price of the 06 about $4-5k more than an 05.

I bet they'll still sell for around $47-48k. It all depends on how stupid people get buying the 06.

erp2863
11-06-05, 12:38 AM
I got my '05 last December with $4k in rebates/certificates. :bigroll:

CVP33
11-06-05, 07:54 AM
You have to think GM logic though. They'll take the $3k rebate off the MRSP price (since employee discount is over) which keeps the price of the 06 about $4-5k more than an 05.

I bet they'll still sell for around $47-48k. It all depends on how stupid people get buying the 06.

I used the GM search function and quickly found 50 cars in my area. There are plenty of V's out there with dealers paying interest on that inventory you'll find somebody, somewhere willing to deal.

Joey'sVee
11-06-05, 10:05 AM
Yep....that is why I got my new (never titled/175 miles) 04 in April of this year for a $40,000 even! I don't think anyone has beat that price for a new one yet. I think the guy that sold me that one lost money.

MCaesar
11-06-05, 11:51 AM
As much as people don't want to admit it, the car would sell a lot better if it offered an automatic as well.

I think the lower power peaks of the LS2 will allow that. I bet GM announces an automatic mid-year or the V will be cancelled within 2 years.

trekster
11-06-05, 12:17 PM
As much as people don't want to admit it, the car would sell a lot better if it offered an automatic as well.

I think the lower power peaks of the LS2 will allow that. I bet GM announces an automatic mid-year or the V will be cancelled within 2 years.I also see that happening.

Sea Bass
11-06-05, 12:56 PM
Black Beast, your signature...are you an Ynwie Malmsteen fan?

alcast082
11-06-05, 03:40 PM
:highfive: I got my 05 with 34 miles for $39100. I didn't need a new car so I had been looking for an amazing deal in a m3, cts-v or clk 55 and after 5 months of browsing when I was bored this one popped out 180 miles from my home, I called gave a deposit for them to hold it and drove my happy ass to the middle of bufu hopping the car was in prestine shape. IT WAS, I"M HAPPY sunroof and all :highfive:
IF YOU LOOK ANS HAVE TIME YOU WILL FIND what your looking for.

MCaesar
11-06-05, 05:15 PM
I also see that happening.

You can't have rebates on your halo car for very long. You have to either make it more attractive (by adding an automatic or more power) or you have to reduce volume.

Plus, when you can't sell the new ones it kills resale

Joey'sVee
11-06-05, 05:27 PM
GM really needs to advertise this car more. Most people that I have ran into have no idea what it is.

Sea Bass
11-06-05, 07:30 PM
:highfive: I got my 05 with 34 miles for $39100. I didn't need a new car so I had been looking for an amazing deal in a m3, cts-v or clk 55 and after 5 months of browsing when I was bored this one popped out 180 miles from my home, I called gave a deposit for them to hold it and drove my happy ass to the middle of bufu hopping the car was in prestine shape. IT WAS, I"M HAPPY sunroof and all :highfive:
IF YOU LOOK ANS HAVE TIME YOU WILL FIND what your looking for.

That's incredible.Seems like most dealers in my area want low 50s.And one of them has chrome rims...not THAT flashy and tint, and they wanted somewhere around $60K.I almost choked...

Sea Bass
11-06-05, 07:31 PM
GM really needs to advertise this car more. Most people that I have ran into have no idea what it is.

As far as I've seen, they haven't advertised the V-series at all.How hard is it to show a 30-45 second commercial of a CTS-V with Led Zeppelin dubbed over it?LOL

trukk
11-07-05, 12:01 PM
Hey I can dust off my 'Buying a V' thread.

It might be usefull to one or two looking to buy.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27091

-Chris

Sea Bass
11-07-05, 01:40 PM
Chris,
Thank you for that link. As a young adult that is still somewhat in the dark on lots of issues regarding purchasing a vehicle, that thread will serve me greatly in gathering new information. I just hope they keep making the V-series and keep them looking incredible by the time I can purchase one.

Travis

Dave's V
11-07-05, 01:44 PM
I used the GM search function and quickly found 50 cars in my area. There are plenty of V's out there with dealers paying interest on that inventory you'll find somebody, somewhere willing to deal.

You are experiencing one of the advantages of living back east. I found one in the SLC area using GM search.

However in a few weeks I'll be experiencing one of the major advantages of living here. And that is which one of the 8 local ski areas should I drive to?

trukk
11-07-05, 01:44 PM
Chris,
Thank you for that link. As a young adult that is still somewhat in the dark on lots of issues regarding purchasing a vehicle, that thread will serve me greatly in gathering new information. I just hope they keep making the V-series and keep them looking incredible by the time I can purchase one.

Travis

No prob :D My wife always acuses me of being anal retentive, I just call it attention to detail.

Just wait a few years and pick up a clean used one. By that time hopefully all the rear-end gremlins will be squashed. The rest of the car is VERY WELL BUILT IMHO.

-Chris

Dave's V
11-07-05, 01:50 PM
You can't have rebates on your halo car for very long. You have to either make it more attractive (by adding an automatic or more power) or you have to reduce volume.

Plus, when you can't sell the new ones it kills resale

Just about every single car has poor resale value. The CTS V has one of the best in the world for after 3 years (51%). Most Chyrsler products are in the low 30s.

The avaiable automatic wouldn't fit in the CTS V. The V series was never intended to be a mass seller. It is a marketing plan to get people into the Cadillac dealership so they will buy a regular CTS or some other GM car the dealership sells.

Contrary to what some people think, not many people can afford or care to spend $50k+ on a car so the available market is already small. The V was intended for the performance luxury buyer who values performance more. An automatic favors more towards luxury.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
11-07-05, 02:13 PM
As far as I've seen, they haven't advertised the V-series at all.How hard is it to show a 30-45 second commercial of a CTS-V with Led Zeppelin dubbed over it?LOL
Sea Bass,
if you think back a little in Jan.2005 while watching the famous Super Bowl commercials the V was advertised several times.

Sea Bass
11-07-05, 02:25 PM
No prob :D My wife always acuses me of being anal retentive, I just call it attention to detail.

Just wait a few years and pick up a clean used one. By that time hopefully all the rear-end gremlins will be squashed. The rest of the car is VERY WELL BUILT IMHO.

-Chris

I hear ya. Luckily my girlfriend (soon to be wife) understands my needs.Course I understand her needs (a Silver Arrow SL500).LOL

But yeah, I'm hoping I can pick up an 04-06 in a few years with low mileage.If not the CTS-V, then the basic XLR...but then again, I'd be sacrificing a 6-speed manual, 80 horsepower, and backseats...Decisions decisions.:banghead:

Sea Bass
11-07-05, 02:26 PM
Sea Bass,
if you think back a little in Jan.2005 while watching the famous Super Bowl commercials the V was advertised several times.

Oh no! Now you are making me think back to early this year!:bonkers: I can't even remember what I did last week.Haha, uh oh...

Jurisimprudence
11-07-05, 07:59 PM
I got my 05 about 3 months ago from Chesrown for $40,995 (including 3.9% financing and a 6 year/100K warranty. The car had 14 miles (no, not 14K) and had every option, including the sunroof and the shocks . . .

Slywun
11-07-05, 11:01 PM
I got my 05 about 3 months ago from Chesrown for $40,995 (including 3.9% financing and a 6 year/100K warranty. The car had 14 miles (no, not 14K) and had every option, including the sunroof and the shocks . . .

Ditto here....except mine had 75 miles....

Sea Bass
11-08-05, 12:10 AM

WOW. Now if only I could get that deal somewhere! I really like Cadillac's 6 yr/100K warranty. Usually my family gets rid of cars once they get to about 125,000+