: Have you ever been banned? Like say from Edmunds Town Hall?

CVP33
11-05-05, 07:56 PM
Just over two years ago I was banned from Edmunds.com Town Hall. It was hilarious. It started out as a discussion of the new GTO, escalated to defending the GTO, but over zealous Mod's let it get personal and myself and another well known Caddy Forum member were banned. Can't say I've ever tried to get re-instated. Nothing worth fighting for over there.

I was also threatened on LS1TECH.COM by the site owner for again defending the GTO. Similar circumstances. A lot of GTO bashers didn't like when I started posting pictures of Concordes and Camaros with the same front end and then Pig's snouts and the snorkel hoods of WS6 Trans Am's. Both of these incidents were over 2 years ago. Ahh, those were the days. Younger and foolisher? More foolisher? Most foolish? Yeah, that's it.

I won't "out" my partner in crime, but I'm fairly certain he'll chime in. :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-05, 08:05 PM
Just over two years ago I was banned from Edmunds.com Town Hall. It was hilarious. It started out as a discussion of the new GTO, escalated to defending the GTO, but over zealous Mod's let it get personal and myself and another well known Caddy Forum member were banned. Can't say I've ever tried to get re-instated. Nothing worth fighting for over there.
I was also threatened on LS1TECH.COM by the site owner for again defending the GTO. Similar circumstances. A lot of GTO bashers didn't like when I started posting pictures of Concordes and Camaros with the same front end and then Pig's snouts and the snorkel hoods of WS6 Trans Am's. Both of these incidents were over 2 years ago. Ahh, those were the days. Younger and foolisher? More foolisher? Most foolish? Yeah, that's it.
I won't "out" my partner in crime, but I'm fairly certain he'll chime in. :lildevil:
youll have to pardon me but , this very subject came up at work today...

"cadillacmike68" (i think thats his logon) came in today , for some reason i asked if he was a memeber , something sounded familair...turns out he is , and he knows me in a way ....but he couldnt remeber if i had ever been banned from edmunds ....ive never been banned from anywhere , and i didnt know edmunds had a forum ...but for some reason he thought i got myself banned ....

i got a good chuckle out of it ....

but its werid youd bring this up , esp the edmunds part

CVP33
11-05-05, 08:13 PM
Edmunds is notoriously narrow minded and really doesn't enjoy any real banter back and forth. Nearly 50% of our posts here would be deleted there. I was never able to find anyone really knowledgeable about a given make or model. It was just a bunch of guys quoting magazine articles over and over and over and over..............You get the idea.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-05, 08:16 PM
sounds that way ....i mean whats the odds of me talking to 2 people totally seperate and the subject about how bad edmunds is comes up ....cant be great over there

Jesda
11-06-05, 12:04 AM
Edmunds is a circle jerk.

davesdeville
11-06-05, 06:06 AM
I've never been to edmunds. I've never been banned outright. I used to admin a forum with a bunch of immature little *****s, so I've done my share of banning.

91TexasSeville
11-06-05, 06:20 AM
Member of several different forums but not banned from any....yet *chuckle