: What to get?

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-05-05, 12:39 PM
Hey guys, I could use a little help picking out my new rig.
I just sold my 04' Ford F250 PSD Harley Davidson with lots of goodies. I don't need it for work anymore, so I don't really need the big of a truck anymore either. I have a 220lb dog, and I need the replacement vehicle to have a bed, or a second sectioned row, or have a storage compartment, like a wagon.

I almost purchased a 2006 BMW 325xi wagon, so that should give you an idea of what im in the market for. Others on the short list are the BMW X3 and a the Subaru Legacy GT wagon.

And please, don't suggest the SRX...

Any help guys? Any other vehicles you can think of?
Thanks in advance.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-05, 12:48 PM
WRX wagon?

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-05-05, 12:53 PM
That's a fun car, yup. I really like them. But I'm looking for class and refinement, not sportiness. I've got a CTS that I'm gutting and turning into a track car. I need something I can cruise in, that can fit my dog.
I do like the WRX tho.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-05, 01:03 PM
hmmm, how about an Audi A3? Volkswagen GTi?

Theres also that new Saab 9.3 wagon thats the exact same thing as a WRX. I forgot what they call that one

mccombie_5
11-05-05, 02:36 PM
Volvo V50

Randy_W
11-05-05, 02:45 PM
And please, don't suggest the SRX...

Then why post the question on a Cadillac forum?? Why not post on some import forums where your more likely to get people who drive the cars you're interested in?

mccombie_5
11-05-05, 02:48 PM
Then why post the question on a Cadillac forum?? Why not post on some import forums where your more likely to get people who drive the cars you're interested in?

Because this is the Lounge.

Just because we all own Cadillac doesnt mean We cant appreciate cars other than Cadillacs exist, it is nice to talk about something other than a Cadillac all the time.

Blackout
11-05-05, 02:49 PM
How about a HD F-150?:highfive:

Jesda
11-05-05, 02:52 PM
Subaru is eager to get rid of Bajas, if you can stand to look at them.

I'm going to suggest the SRX. Its among the highest rated SUVs.

Blackout
11-05-05, 02:55 PM
I'm going to suggest the SRX. Its among the highest rated SUVs.:thepan:

SpeedyArizona
11-05-05, 03:11 PM
Well if you want a wagon, the only one I'd buy would be the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8.

You have the power of a HEMI combined with ample storage space and seating for 5, what's not to love?

Playdrv4me
11-05-05, 03:17 PM
Well if you want a wagon, the only one I'd buy would be the 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8.
You have the power of a HEMI combined with ample storage space and seating for 5, what's not to love?

In this unique situation I am going to have to agree, it really seems to be the best suited to your needs, and you wont feel like your going from your nice big truck to something the size of a lima bean... the Magnum has plenty of room without being overtly huge.

ben72227
11-05-05, 03:24 PM
Whats not to love is DCX reliability. I wouldn't be caught dead in a MOPAR.:lildevil: Dodge's have got to be the most dumbed down American cars there ARE. Hell, they know it too - that's why all of their commercials target rednecks. "That thang gotta HEMI in it???":sneaky:

Get an Audi A3...or an A4 Avant...

urbanski
11-05-05, 04:02 PM
heck yeah, get the magnum.
i'll also bet you can get a deal on the suby

SpeedyArizona
11-05-05, 04:54 PM
Whats not to love is DCX reliability. I wouldn't be caught dead in a MOPAR. Dodge's have got to be the most dumbed down American cars there ARE. Hell, they know it too - that's why all of their commercials target rednecks

I have to disagree, Dodge is a working man's car company and Dodge is also more reliable than most Chevy's. I'm a MOPAR fan, and most people who buy them WANT to work on their cars adding Superchargers and custom paint jobs.

An Audi Avante is ugly as sin.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-05-05, 06:07 PM
Volvo V50
Yeah, they're nice. But I sold my S60R to get my CTS. Not going back to inline-5's any time soon.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-05-05, 06:09 PM

Well, the looks. And I just got rid of a big fast truck, now I just want a nice reserved....wagon. Mileage isn't that great from the Magnum either. But it is great bang for the buck.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-05-05, 06:12 PM
I'm really considering a Magnum SRT8. For the price, I can't go wrong!
Has anyone here driven one? Or actually owns one?
Noone likes the X3? Anyother small suv? Does the small LandRover come with a diesel now?
I'm still considering the BMW 325xi wagon. If only they offered a 330xi wagon! I'd have it right now!
SpeedyArizona, whats your take on the 325 engine? Do you think it would be fine for what I need?

Blackout I just got rid of a faster bigger, much more HD pickup, why would i wanna go backwards :P

Not really fond of the Audi's. Their styling cues indicate a car with erectile dysfunction. There's just nothing sexy about Audi's. IMHO
Great suggestions guys, hadn't even thought about half of these!

mccombie_5
11-05-05, 06:14 PM

I'm still considering the BMW 325xi wagon. If only they offered a 330xi wagon! I'd have it right now!

A Mercedes Benz C280??

Saab 9-3 Combi thing.

VW Passat

SpeedyArizona
11-05-05, 06:21 PM

I haven't driven the SRT8, but I have ridden in the R/T version.

It has the sporty feel for the size of the vehicle, and although it isn't a Lamborghini, it is FAST.

Here's an article that could help you a bit, but in all honesty, you NEED to go to a Dodge dealership and test drive it to know if it "feels" right.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/jedlicka.aspx?year=2006&make=Dodge&model=Magnum&src=vip

Randy_W
11-05-05, 07:37 PM
Because this is the Lounge.

Just because we all own Cadillac doesnt mean We cant appreciate cars other than Cadillacs exist, it is nice to talk about something other than a Cadillac all the time.

I just thought he might get better results on some brand specific forums, I certainly don't care if people here can help. I just thought more concentrated first hand knowlage would be better.:duck:

Boston.CTS,06
11-05-05, 08:23 PM
I have seen the commercials for the tribeca and they do the car/suv no justice , I seen on In a parking lot yesterday and looks really great , I know nothing about the car ,but looks to be about the size you are looking for , wouldn't hurt to check it out

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-13-05, 04:47 PM
Thanks for your help guys. I didn't get anything that was mentioned, actually, but I did end up getting exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks !

Playdrv4me
11-13-05, 04:48 PM
And that waaaas????

ShadowLvr400
11-13-05, 05:00 PM
I'm thinking he got a Ford Focus. :P

Oh yea, driven the SRT-8, though it was a 300C, not the Magnum, but same car. All I ca say is Dayum... It's not a match for the Vette, but it's no slouch.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-13-05, 10:22 PM
And that waaaas????

Jeez, sorry, I never even posted what I got.
I decided to get 2 cars actually. A 350z and a HHR. I know, I?'ve gotta be one of 7 people in the US who actually like the HHR, but I won't defend it. I just like it. :)

This answers all my problems. My dog won't be tearing up the inside of an Audi or Mercedes wagon, and I'll get sportiness that I wouldn't have found in either.

davesdeville
11-14-05, 04:03 AM
I have seen the commercials for the tribeca and they do the car/suv no justice , I seen on In a parking lot yesterday and looks really great , I know nothing about the car ,but looks to be about the size you are looking for , wouldn't hurt to check it out

That is without a doubt the fugliest vehicle on the road today. Not even the PT Cruiser (even the convertable,) Nissan Morono, or FX35 is as fugly as that... thing. They look worse in person.

And yeah, they still do make the Taurus along with having the 500. Why, I'm not sure. They probably sell most of the Taurii to fleets and most if not all 500s to the public.

Jesda
11-14-05, 05:14 AM
The Taurus exists because of an agreement with the union. If theyre going to be paid to do nothing, why not just have them build cars for Hertz?