: LINDSAY - OK, it just doesn't get any better than this!

CVP33
11-05-05, 11:50 AM
I'm sitting in the customer lounge area at Lindsay Cadillac as my V recieves it's new shoes, shifter and boot. All I can say is that this place is first class! The new polished rims are as advertised. BEAUTIFUL! James sprayed my rotors and clear coated them and they look excellent. Rims and rotors are now on and they are tackling the B&M short shifter and two tone boot. I'll post up some pics later today if I still have daylight.

BTW - you all should see this facility. 10 repair bays, shiney white, pristine epoxy sealed floors. I mean you could eat off the floor in this place. Guess who's doing the install on my V? James himself! He also noted my center caps on the original wheels were peeling so he replaced those under warranty. He's even super lubing the GM optional bushings to get rid of that creaking under the car.

Was it worth getting up at 4:30am to drive 200+ miles to see James @ Lindsay? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY! :D I'd almost forgotten what it's like to deal with a first class dealership. I even struck up a great conversation with one of the sales folks here as I toured the dealership. Everyone here is friendly and nice and not in the creapy, "I want to sell you a car" kind of way either. Genuinely friendly people selling and servicing customers and their cars! WHAT A CONCEPT!

wildwhl
11-05-05, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a great dealership.

Maybe I should move :hmm:

Staxxin
11-05-05, 12:11 PM
I'm making an appoitment with James for the clutch TSB on Monday. I'm really looking forward to going...

ewill3rd
11-05-05, 02:50 PM
Makes me wish I had gone to work today so I could have worked on your car for you and had you say those great things about me.

Actually we have about 30 bays and it is a great place to work.
It's a hotbed of activity during the week and none too slow on Saturday from 8 to 2.
James is a great guy to work for and I am very glad he came to work there shortly after I got hired.

If you bring your car in during the week, it's likely I'll be working on it. For the clutch or rear end jobs you'll be dealing with Donny, who is also a first class tech.
It's always great to hear from a satisfied customer.

Bill

urbanski
11-05-05, 04:04 PM
i need a james in texas :(

Lindsay Cadillac
11-05-05, 04:29 PM
CVP33,
Thanks for the comments. It was great to meet you and great to see those rims & rotors in person...:thumbsup: I hope the drive home goes fine...

super lubing the GM optional bushings to get rid of that creaking under the car
We got side tracked after installing the shifter and I forgot all about this...:banghead:
I hope your new rims & rotors will keep you on :cloud9: and the creaking from your bushing doesn't drive you insane... We'll just have to get you back up here before the weather turns bad...

11-05-05, 04:55 PM
You shoulda let us know you'd be in town. We'd have rolled out the red carpet for an out of town member (or at least maybe joined you in gobbling up some of Lindsays' donuts). We might even have been able to roust e-thug out of his crib........

What a nice day for a ride. I hope you had smooth sailing on the highway from hell......

d

urbanski
11-05-05, 04:59 PM
rousting e-thug may not be a good idea :duck: :yup:

CVP33
11-05-05, 05:36 PM
James and his crew were great. Ross from the forum met me up there with his Platinum V. I susupect James will have a few photos up soon enough of our 3 V's. Made great time getting back. What a surprise. :D

Flyboy
11-05-05, 06:36 PM
Lindsay.......open a dealership in the Detroit area....!!!!!

Lindsay Cadillac
11-05-05, 06:54 PM
James and his crew were great. Ross from the forum met me up there with his Platinum V. I susupect James will have a few photos up soon enough of our 3 V's. Made great time getting back. What a surprise. :D
Hope all was well on the trip home...

I sent the pics that I took to Reed, he's gonna post them for us...

Lindsay Cadillac
11-05-05, 07:00 PM
You shoulda let us know you'd be in town. We'd have rolled out the red carpet for an out of town member (or at least maybe joined you in gobbling up some of Lindsays' donuts). We might even have been able to roust e-thug out of his crib........
What a nice day for a ride. I hope you had smooth sailing on the highway from hell......
d
We'll have to arrange a get together while the weather is still nice... Get everyone local together for a shop day at Lindsay or something and then take a drive from there... :thumbsup:

It was great getting together, even if I spent most of the time working...

CVP33
11-05-05, 08:32 PM
Now that's a great idea!

51PHFTY
11-05-05, 08:52 PM
CVP33

Can't wait to see pics of the polished rims on the Platinum - sounds like we both made the right choice?

crowan
11-05-05, 09:03 PM
E-Thug is out of town. He's helping Katshot install some slammin' mods on his '95 Fleetwood:

1) a diamond in the back window
2) velvet mudflaps
3) a "Lincoln style" tire on the trunk

I hope that they will provide us with a very long post about it later, possibly comparing the Fleetwood's styling to an SRT-8.:bomb:

A Lindsay get together would be great! James, what ever happened to the super hot cashier that that used to work at Lindsay? I haven't seen her lately. She is worth the trip all by herself.:highfive:

CR

urbanski
11-05-05, 09:40 PM
A Lindsay get together would be great! James, what ever happened to the super hot cashier that that used to work at Lindsay? I haven't seen her lately. She is worth the trip all by herself.:highfive:

CR
she's probably his sister or wife or something :duck: :highfive:

Adam
11-05-05, 09:43 PM
yup, Fleetwoods kick ass. (wish i still had mine). waving to ya

http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/custom/Lowrider_1996_Cadillac_FW.jpeg

E-Thug is out of town. He's helping Katshot install some slammin' mods on his '95 Fleetwood:

1) a diamond in the back window
2) velvet mudflaps
3) a "Lincoln style" tire on the trunk

I hope that they will provide us with a very long post about it later, possibly comparing the Fleetwood's styling to an SRT-8.:bomb:

CR

urbanski
11-05-05, 09:45 PM
at first i thought that sign said "lowballs" :p

CVP33
11-05-05, 09:47 PM
CVP33

Can't wait to see pics of the polished rims on the Platinum - sounds like we both made the right choice?

Yes! You're going to like these. With the painted rotors and polished rims it just makes the V look that much better. I also like the new B&M shifter. The shifts are positively mechanical and precise. Took me a while to get use to 2nd and 4th shifts as the travel is no where near as far. There is some transmission noise carried in through the shifter though, especially if you rest your hand on the shifter itself (which I do). I will play with this tomorrow and try to stuff some more insulation in, around and on the shifter stalk. Still love it though.

As for pix I'm out of luck. Momma went to see Miss Saigon with her girl friends and she has the digital camera tonight. :banghead:

Adam
11-05-05, 09:49 PM
at first i thought that sign said "lowballs" :p

i did to first time i seen it. uh oh, story time with Low.

off topic, cry about it.

a long while back when i was a kid there was a sign on the side of the road out from the boys club i stayed at that summer... it said "Smart Assets." well they were taking the sign down and broke for lunch leaving the sign the way it was "Smart Ass" for almost an hour and a half. i took a picture of it but i lost it when i moved.

Adam
11-05-05, 09:51 PM
hey Crowan, when you gonna come down and visit us in the Lounge?

CVP33
11-05-05, 09:52 PM
i did to first time i seen it. uh oh, story time with Low.

off topic, cry about it.

a long while back when i was a kid there was a sign on the side of the road out from the boys club i stayed at that summer... it said "Smart Assets." well they were taking the sign down and broke for lunch leaving the sign the way it was "Smart Ass" for almost an hour and a half. i took a picture of it but i lost it when i moved.

Loblaws is a supermarket chain in Canada. Those cannucks buy milk in a bag!

Adam
11-05-05, 09:54 PM
Loblaws is a supermarket chain in Canada. Those cannucks buy milk in a bag!

explains the name. a bag? weird Canadians. hehe, sorry Ralph.

crowan
11-05-05, 09:59 PM
she's probably his sister or wife or something :duck: :highfive:

Oh God, you are probably right.:hide:

I'll blame it on E-thug. He's the mac daddy. You can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him.:lildevil:

Lindsay Cadillac
11-05-05, 11:09 PM
James, what ever happened to the super hot cashier that that used to work at Lindsay? I haven't seen her lately. She is worth the trip all by herself.:highfive:
CR
If you are referring to Adrian, she moved to Norfolk...

she's probably his sister or wife or something

Oh God, you are probably right.
No such luck... I'm the black sheep of the family... Everybody else has respectable jobs...:histeric:

11-05-05, 11:37 PM

There is (or used to be) the CANAL SIDE motel right near the sagamore (or Bourne?) bridge going over to Cape Cod. Hurricane Bob came through in 1991 and knocked off the "C". It stayed like that for quite some time......

BowenCT
11-06-05, 11:17 AM
Anxiously awaiting pics of optional wheels on platinum V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CVP33
11-06-05, 12:04 PM
Starting a new thread so you don't have to sift through all our "glad handing". :lildevil:

Joey'sVee
11-06-05, 12:10 PM
James and Bill needs to start doing house calls!!! lol! Sounds like you guys are great!

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-06-05, 05:14 PM
Was it worth getting up at 4:30am to drive 200+ miles to see James @ Lindsay? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY! :D I'd almost forgotten what it's like to deal with a first class dealership. I even struck up a great conversation with one of the sales folks here as I toured the dealership. Everyone here is friendly and nice and not in the creapy, "I want to sell you a car" kind of way either. Genuinely friendly people selling and servicing customers and their cars! WHAT A CONCEPT!

I'm gonna have to visit this place. My previous Ford dealership was better then my present Cadillac dealearship. Get this. I've done much more work on the F250 Harley D then my CTS 3.6L. My CTS is full bumper to bumber warranty, and yet I STILL have to beg and fight to get things fixed. At the Ford? They just said, 'yup', and fixed things! Sounds like Lindsay Cadillac has a great rep for a reason!

By the way CVP33, when I had my old man's CTS-V for 2 weeks, I got up a couple mornings around 5 and drove alot of miles, but not to a dealership, just to drive. It's worth getting up early just to push the gofast-pedal! :worship: :worship: :worship: