: But ...Its a FORD....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 10:56 PM
So there i am at work today ....Van driver says "vans broke youll need something to take customers home in tomorrow". Ok , so i go over to used car and ask for a car to use tomorrow. Guy says "ill mark this one in and you can take it". Easy enough right? So he grabs the keys and walks me out the the car. Funny looking thing , looks like a ...no it has to be the top.....no....no it cant be .....I look att he guy and say "your jokeing right?" he says "no". I look at the car and say "you know i have ot take customers home in this thing right?" He says "yup". I look right at him and say "GM would have a fit". He asks "why". Point blank i say "Its a MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS". He says "itll be fine", i jokingly say "till the bastard leaves me stranded". Im stuck with it , so i get in it , puke green with dark green top ,green interior 2004 model. UGLY friggin car , i mean UGLY ...

I take it back to my manager , i park it right in the middle of my service drive and with customers present i introduce my boss to the "New Courtesy Transportation for Cadillac". One customer is confused , 2 others are excited thinking its some new model for cadillac. My boss is silent. I had to exlplin that i wasnt jokeing and that is what i was given. All he says is "But....Its a FORD".

He says "do whatca gotta do , get rid of it"....So i tookit to saturn , one of the overzealous salesmen walks out and asks "how can i help you sir , this is avery nice car you have". I looked at him and said "i hate it , ive only had it for 15 minutes and i HATE it". "Whyd you buy it he says" , i just said "they took advantge of me".

So i ask "what do you have in a VAN", he shows me the new realys , i name the options i want he says "we got one". I say "ok i want a stright up trade" he wants to talk to his manager , so i walk over with him , his manager knows me and starts laughing his ass off when he sees me screwing with the new guy. His manager gets me keys to the van and i take the Merc back to used ....

There is something about takeing Cadillac Owners home in a Junoir Coffin Badged as a merc built by ford that bugs me ....

Hate fords .....:mad2:

Ralph
11-04-05, 10:59 PM
Grand Marquis ride nice. I had a 91, and it was perfect except for the mushy seats.

Looking forward to seeing a Sky in February.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:01 PM
Yah they ride GREAT....but its ugly as sin in the colors this was in....and for what im doing tomorrow its just wrong ...

ben72227
11-04-05, 11:01 PM
You aren't the only one. Their new badge-engineering is even worse. They now have a vehicle that stretches across ALL of the brands (including LINCOLN!)

The ford fusion/mercury montego/lincoln zyphr.

And the thing is, the cars are EXACTLY the same minus some exterior badging.
And to top it off, they're all bad rip offs of the Mazda6, with American engineering so they've becomed dumbed down, bland versions of a truly great car...It's a shame really. I'm glad GM stopped that finally, the GM minivan was getting out of hand. At least they're trying to make it better now and they've dropped it from Pontiac's lineup...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:04 PM
I saw an 06 Montana today .....there worse than ever as far as all brands

its now
Buick
Pontiac
Chevrolet
Saturn

and there talk of a GMC version to replace the Safari they lost this year

Ralph
11-04-05, 11:08 PM
its now
Buick
Pontiac
Chevrolet
Saturn

They need to come out with a retro-70s van! With optional painting of either a hot chick holding a ray gun, or a female barbarian whipping a sasquatch monster with a riding crop!

Actually, a retro-70s van is pretty good idea! Right? The good ideas just keep comin' here ... GM needs to do it now!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:10 PM
hell yah , 06 Chevy Express rear all jacked up , the little heart window ,mag wheels .....yeeeah babay

Kev
11-04-05, 11:12 PM
hell yah , 06 Chevy Express rear all jacked up , the little heart window ,mag wheels .....yeeeah babayDon't forget the daisies on the sides! :p

Ralph
11-04-05, 11:13 PM
hell yah , 06 Chevy Express rear all jacked up , the little heart window ,mag wheels .....yeeeah babay

Don't forget the water bed in the back, the crushed velvet captain's chairs, and the shag carpet! (Red sex lamps optional).

I need to go find my K-Tel 8-track collection! Hey man, I just had another groovy idea: they could include an 8-track player as optional! Sweeeet!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:15 PM
(Red sex lamps optional).

OPTIONAL????????

hell no , thats mandatory , vannin and sex is like ....the same thing .....vannin without the sex lights or sex frednly feature is like ...is like .....baseball with no balls , apple pie with apples ....like cadillacs without hood ornaments .....scratch that last one , they done that already

Kev
11-04-05, 11:16 PM
Don't forget the water bed in the back, the crushed velvet captain's chairs, and the shag carpet! (Red sex lamps optional).

I need to go find my K-Tel 8-track collection! Hey man, I just had another groovy idea: they could include an 8-track player as optional! Sweeeet!You are a seriously demented man Ralph! :histeric:

Night Wolf
11-04-05, 11:17 PM
its now
Buick
Pontiac
Chevrolet
Saturn

You forgot Oldsmobile :)

BTW my grand father has a 2003 Grand Marquis, baby blue (AKA Grandpa blue) with a really nice shale leather interior, with the fancy allow wheels.

I really like that car, it rides sooooo nice, far better then the '93 Coupe... then again I never did like a unibody cars ride.

I personally like Ford... mostly their trucks, but the Crown Vic/GM and Town Car have always been really nice.

Anyway.... I take it you are still at the dealership? I thought you were gonna stick it to the man the other day?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:18 PM
(Dude in a old duster rolls up to a light next to the retro Chevy Express)

Duster boy: "Dude that thing got a 8 track in it ?"
Van man: "Yup"
Duster Boy : "Sweeeeeet"

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 11:19 PM
BTW my grand father has a 2003 Grand Marquis, baby blue (AKA Grandpa blue) with a really nice shale leather interior, with the fancy allow wheels.
I really like that car, it rides sooooo nice, far better then the '93 Coupe... then again I never did like a unibody cars ride.
I personally like Ford... mostly their trucks, but the Crown Vic/GM and Town Car have always been really nice.
Anyway.... I take it you are still at the dealership? I thought you were gonna stick it to the man the other day?
im SOOOOOOOOOOO close ....were like any minute kinda deal right now , only reason im there tomorrow is so the van driver can finnaly get a day off ......otherwise after not getting the profit shareing once again and not getting a raise im pretty damned fed up

Kev
11-04-05, 11:20 PM
Aquire the target Mike! ;)

Night Wolf
11-04-05, 11:27 PM
im SOOOOOOOOOOO close ....were like any minute kinda deal right now , only reason im there tomorrow is so the van driver can finnaly get a day off ......otherwise after not getting the profit shareing once again and not getting a raise im pretty damned fed up

Heh... so you get to drive people home? do you need a CDL or no?

being the van driver sounds easy though... I think that would be cool.

They use Chevy Express work vans instead of the Venture-type family vans?

Ralph
11-04-05, 11:32 PM
You are a seriously demented man Ralph! :histeric:

I'M demented? How could you suggest putting daisies on the side of bad-assss retro-70s sexvan?:cool2:

Ralph
11-04-05, 11:35 PM
(Dude in a old duster rolls up to a light next to the retro Chevy Express)
Duster boy: "Dude that thing got a 8 track in it ?"
Van man: "Yup"
Duster Boy : "Sweeeeeet"

(Dude in a green Grand Marquis rolls up to a light next to the 2007 Rallye van)
Marquis Driver: "Dude, that thing got any chicks in the back?"
Van man: "Yup! Cheerleaders! On the water bed."
Marquis Driver: "Sweeeeet."

DeVillish
11-04-05, 11:42 PM
:leaving:

davesdeville
11-05-05, 06:32 AM
A Grand Marquis was on my top 5 or top 10 list of cars I'd buy when I was looking for one at about this time last year. They're pretty nice and ride great. I already had the 75 though and no other car can compare to its ride so I went with a 2 door.

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 11:50 AM
I agree.... and they are more luxury then a Crown Vic, but don't have the air bag suspension or other things that are expensive on the Town Car to fix.... police use them and beat on them, then sell them to taxi companys who keep using them...

they are reliable cars... dunno whats wrong with them...

they are also the *only* passenger car to remain V8, RWD and full frame through the years.... from the days of RWD, into FWD, only FWD.... and now RWD is making a comback.

urbanski
11-05-05, 03:07 PM
AHAHA lol
Dealer I use has a fleet of deville's for courtesy transport.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-05, 04:05 PM

How can i forget Olds .....They were great .....till they lost there idenititiy and got axed by gm ....

my list stands ....they hadnt made a siloette in years now

our normal Van is a 05 Relay , it sucks , good thing they only put the 3.5 in them for a year ...now they supposedly have the vvt 3.9 ...ours is a gutless friggin wonder ....

my normal car changes every few weeks , its ALWAYS a caddy , they took my CTS last friday ...i miss it , it had all the options ....a customer fell in love with it when i took them home ....i gave them a card and they sold it to them...

It isnt a bad gig ....i think more than anything its me , i want more , and i want to be proud of what i do ....which i am in a way , its a neat job ...but i see other mid 20 somethings , there pullin beatter money , have a say ....im just a peon ...in the old days i got a taste of running things , and i loved it ...

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 11:51 PM
How can i forget Olds .....They were great .....till they lost there idenititiy and got axed by gm ....
my list stands ....they hadnt made a siloette in years now
our normal Van is a 05 Relay , it sucks , good thing they only put the 3.5 in them for a year ...now they supposedly have the vvt 3.9 ...ours is a gutless friggin wonder ....
my normal car changes every few weeks , its ALWAYS a caddy , they took my CTS last friday ...i miss it , it had all the options ....a customer fell in love with it when i took them home ....i gave them a card and they sold it to them...
It isnt a bad gig ....i think more than anything its me , i want more , and i want to be proud of what i do ....which i am in a way , its a neat job ...but i see other mid 20 somethings , there pullin beatter money , have a say ....im just a peon ...in the old days i got a taste of running things , and i loved it ...

Maybe you can get me a job there :) or put a good word in at another place....

I am waiting until next year (2 months?) to get a job though... there is Autoway Chevrolet right across the street form my apartment complex... I want to stop there, maybe see about detailing cars or moving cars around etc...

danbuc
11-06-05, 01:47 AM
I've got Purlpe Haze, and Led Zeppelin 1 on 8-track, and a player as well. No comment on the rest of the thread, other than the Powerstroke Diesel V8 is a beast.