: Socal Meet

Rikmyster
11-04-05, 09:14 PM
We are almost into the holiday season which means plans and more plans.

Does anyoine have any idea we can have somewhat of a VEE Parade, liek th boat parade?

At least get together and eat more food and drink Reed's Beer ...

heavymetals
11-04-05, 09:28 PM
I was gonna suggest this really nice French restraunt in Palos Verdes, just behind the fire station.

La Rive Gauch (?)

There is a parking area just across from the place that we could fill.

The food and service is really good but not cheap. :thumbsup:

lawfive
11-04-05, 09:59 PM
Wherever we meet, during this time of year we'll have to do it by 4:00 PM, else no one will ever see our Vs. Does the fancy French eatery open for lunch?

heavymetals
11-04-05, 11:45 PM
yes.

La Rive Gauche
Address: 320 Tejon Pl, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
Phone: (310) 378-0267

BadCad
11-04-05, 11:46 PM
no valet parking there, right? :suspense:

heavymetals
11-04-05, 11:50 PM
Nope, don't need it (valet) and if you get a window seat, you can watch your car as you eat.

(Is that pathetic or what!?).

lawfive
11-05-05, 01:37 PM
What, we're not going to eat in our cars?

Mutlu
11-05-05, 02:39 PM
There is a meet out in Calabassas every last Sunday of the month where tons of differnt car clubs go. I went to this last one and there must have been at least 200 cars there. Everything from a Cosworth Focus to a SLR and Carrera GT.
Usually my friends and I go do some spirited driving afterwards in the Malibu canyons.
It would be nice to see a bunch of Vs out there.

heavymetals
11-05-05, 03:21 PM
There is a meet out in Calabassas every last Sunday of the month where tons of differnt car clubs go. I went to this last one and there must have been at least 200 cars there. Everything from a Cosworth Focus to a SLR and Carrera GT.
Usually my friends and I go do some spirited driving afterwards in the Malibu canyons.
It would be nice to see a bunch of Vs out there.

I used to go up to the ROCK STORE when I was into bikes.
Grab a beer, and camp out down the road and watch the canyon carvers.:alchi:

heavymetals
11-06-05, 01:31 PM
No one else has posted anything about getting together.

HEY REED! What do you think?

ctsvett
11-06-05, 03:11 PM
I am open for anything... I was thinking that maybe we do soemthing a little more north than we have so that people from ventura (LUNA you listening) could attend... But in reality, the southbay is central to the north and the south (I am biased)...

As long as I am in town, I will attend, camera in hand...

There are a bunch more people on the list now (kim, beachjoecool, etc) who are coming out of the woodwork....

we could position it as a "come and see what you may want to put on your christmas list"

HAHA

Reed

Rikmyster
11-06-05, 03:13 PM
I think the Calabasas would be good. or maybe even something in Santa Monica. And south bay is OK as well. WE do have several members in that area.

I'm partial to OC ... but ... whatever......

heavymetals
11-06-05, 04:50 PM
If you want to do it in Venice I have a very good friend that owns a parking lot right off the boardwalk near Market St.

I am sure he would give us a rate, and at least no stress about your car getting whacked in his lot!

Luna.
11-07-05, 01:54 PM
I am open for anything... I was thinking that maybe we do soemthing a little more north than we have so that people from ventura (LUNA you listening) could attend... But in reality, the southbay is central to the north and the south (I am biased)...

To be honest, I'm probably game for as far south as possible, as there is a strong possibility that I would be in the San Diego area on the weekends.

ctsvett
11-07-05, 10:16 PM
sounds like a bunch of you still want to go to tustin/ down south...

how about meet at tustin 11:00 and crusie to the hard rock for lunch/drinks...

Any idea on what day is best for everyone?

Reed

Luna.
11-07-05, 11:11 PM
Any weekend outside of about the next 2ish weeks should work fine with me.

lawfive
11-07-05, 11:43 PM
I'm an idiot; I'll drive anywhere.

DeputyDog
11-07-05, 11:47 PM
I would like to meet up with you guys but the timing is bad for me. Thanks Reed for thinking of us people farther north though. Maybe next time.

heavymetals
11-07-05, 11:52 PM
How far north are you?
I may be going to Cambria in the next few weeks.

DeputyDog
11-07-05, 11:58 PM
Hey heavy

I think I remember talking to you about this before. I'm in Atascadero. About 20 min. inland from Cambria.

heavymetals
11-08-05, 02:26 AM
I remember!

Maybe we can cross paths this time.
Last time I was up there I kind of blew in and blew out.

lawfive
11-09-05, 03:04 PM
I like Mutlu's suggestion about getting together at the Village Coffee Roaster in Calabasas. Supposedly they have an open car meet every Sunday, but the last Sunday of each month is the blowout. Dunno if they'll be meeting on November 27th (the Sunday after Thanksgiving); I'll try to find out.

lawfive
11-09-05, 03:10 PM
sounds like a bunch of you still want to go to tustin/ down south...

how about meet at tustin 11:00 and crusie to the hard rock for lunch/drinks...

Any idea on what day is best for everyone?

Reed

Mongo don't know where Hard Rock is :hmm: but I'd be up for it. Possibly some of us idiots could get up at zero-dark-thirty and go to Crystal Cove, be done there by 9:00, then meet others by 10:00 and grab an early brunch/lunch?

Better still: everybody come to Crystal Cove! How impressive would it be if we dress for success with ten Vs all in a row? Alternate the silver and black Vs to satisfy any Raider fans, and alternate the red and gray Vs to satisfy... people who like red and gray.

I'm gonna try to be there this Saturday morning. I could also go another Saturday if the stars align properly for everyone.

heavymetals
11-09-05, 03:32 PM
If no rain I might be up to this sat at the Cove.
Want to get together for some lunch later maybe?

lawfive
11-09-05, 04:12 PM
If no rain I might be up to this sat at the Cove.
Want to get together for some lunch later maybe?

I'm up for it. Fancy French sounds good, as does greasy burgers... whatever the proliteriate decides.

heavymetals
11-09-05, 04:14 PM
Ok we have at least three for sat morning providing there is no rain.

Cmon Reed!
Hey Luna!
Whatever happened to 3rd St?

lawfive
11-09-05, 04:15 PM
OK, here's the hot stinky poop on Calabasas: the normal end of month meet is on for Sunday November 27. Also, Sunday December 4 is supposed to be a massive Eurocar/Amerimuscle/tuner/etc. blowout, with the price of admission being a "Toys 4 Tots" toy. So let's pick one of those dates.

Meanwhile, I'm still planning on Crystal Cove this Saturday.

Mutlu
11-09-05, 04:26 PM
I am down for Calabassas and hope others will come. It'll be more fun than just sitting around and looking at each others cars. Last time I was there there were some really nice cars at the event. Maybe we can even start some shit talking to the M3, M5 and S4 guys....hehehehe

Luna.
11-09-05, 06:32 PM
Hey Luna!
Whatever happened to 3rd St?

3rd street...:hmm:

What am I not recalling? :)

ctsvett
11-09-05, 06:37 PM
3rd street is mike.... he's not referring to you luna...

Luna can come if he brings some guac!

This saturday guys, may be tough... but is possible.... I need details (time, location, etc) for crystal cove... Just in case I can make it...

Reed

Luna.
11-09-05, 06:44 PM
Luna can come if he brings some guac!

What--you went through the 10 lbs I brought already??? :eek:

This Saturday won't work for me--the V is getting dropped off at Zoomers for a few days...

Driving most anything but the V...:yawn:

ctsvett
11-09-05, 07:59 PM
that guac was gone within 5 days....

It was a favorite on day 2 and heavy and I each had a bag for ourselves...

That stuff was GOOOOOD!

Reed

Koooop
11-09-05, 08:54 PM
Mongo don't know where Hard Rock is :hmm: but I'd be up for it. Possibly some of us idiots could get up at zero-dark-thirty and go to Crystal Cove, be done there by 9:00, then meet others by 10:00 and grab an early brunch/lunch?

Better still: everybody come to Crystal Cove! How impressive would it be if we dress for success with ten Vs all in a row? Alternate the silver and black Vs to satisfy any Raider fans, and alternate the red and gray Vs to satisfy... people who like red and gray.

I'm gonna try to be there this Saturday morning. I could also go another Saturday if the stars align properly for everyone.

Does that mean you want I should wear socks!?!

My little girl has a soccer game at 8:30 saturday morning, I'll drop in for a little while (if it's not raining).

roadracerx72
11-09-05, 09:20 PM
Just registered... I was thinking about this the other day about a bunch of V's getting together. Put me in the red and gray row! I do have a work picnic this saturday though... It ends as soon as I can sneak out...

ctsvett
11-10-05, 01:24 AM
what time is saturday morning guys? I have never been to this thing. I need to be back up in the south bay by 10:00.. Possible at "legal" speeds with a few smattering of triple digits?

Reed

heavymetals
11-10-05, 01:32 AM
This old thread explains it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39929&highlight=crystal+cove

lawfive
11-10-05, 12:21 PM
OK, just to sum up what I think we're doing...

Crystal Cove car show this Saturday, be there in time for the lot to open at 7:00 AM. Show is over at 9:00 AM. Then head to some yet to be determined place to eat & meet any guys who don't want to get up early enough for Crystal Cove.

**Action Item: pick a place to eat**

Village Coffee Roaster car show December 4th 10:00 AM, lots of vehicles there, bring a toy for a tot.

Yeah?

heavymetals
11-10-05, 01:00 PM
If it isn't raining.

Sounds like fun as it will probably be the last(?) time this year.

OK, where do we eat?

lawfive
11-10-05, 01:56 PM
It's supposed to be sunny on Saturday.

So far the two eatery suggestions are French (those bastards! Oh, sorry...) food in Palos Verde and a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere. Either is fine with me. I'm useless as a resource for restaurants in the OC; I know Charlie's Chili in Newport from my college days, and Ruth's Chris in Irvine, and that's about it.

How about we just go to the car show and decide there what to do next, if anything?

lawfive
11-10-05, 02:59 PM
Hey, stole this idea from the Houston meet guys. They don't open until 11:00 AM on Saturday, though:

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/site/3/572.gif