Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Interior LED lights installed

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dchavezo 
#1 ·
Just completed replacing all the interior lights with LED's (6000K). Makes a big difference, much better look. I bought a kit from iDMTOY that includes 8 lights and you can add a couple of others as well. I added the license plate and vanity lights as well.

#3 ·
Did your car have the LED lights already installed? My Performance collection has factory 4300K LEDs, but I haven't poked at changing them yet, I thought they might be considerably difficult...

I've done the door, foot well, exterior plate, reverse lights, but not the console and rear seat lights yet.

#5 ·
Do you mind giving a little more detail about what exact kit you used, how hard it was to install or where you found the instructions to install? Does it show you how to in the owners manual? I just closed on a deal and pick the car up next week, the only alteration I want to make is the interior LED lights, but I want to do that shortly after I get the car on Wednesday, as a few days after that I was recently informed I have to go out of town of work for a month so the car will be sitting in the garage for a month right after I pick it up (awesome luck, ah?). I am not great with handy work but I think I could do something like this fine with instructions, I just don't want to have to totally dismantle the overhead console or take panels off to get access if that's what it entails.

#6 ·
Just finished this up on my car today! Can't wait for it to get dark to check them out haha! I'll post pictures of mine tonight.

Everything is a 194 style or T10 Blade style bulb.

This is the type of LED that I used for the doors(2), front footwells(2), glovebox(1), trunk light(1), and the license plate lights(2)
6 LEDs on a Single Side since none of these places have a reflective material in the housing.
Technology Electronic device Architecture Rectangle

This is the type of LED that I used for the front map lights(2), and rear dome lights(2).
White Lighting Light Product Yellow

They don't take long to change out at all, did it during my lunch break. You only need a small flat head screwdriver and a 8mm socket on a 1/4' drive.

I changed my reverse lights too but I need to get brighter ones.

#7 ·
Wait until tonight, you will love it!

sflowers539, the kit I got was from iJDMTOY.com. Order details below. Just like Carmex says above it's pretty easy. Of course you can have your local car shop or mechanic do it and would only cost an hour of labor.

SMD-Cadillac-ATS iJDMTOY Premium 5050-SMD LED Interior Lights Combo Package for Cadillac ATS
[Trim:2013-up Cadillac ATS (8 Lights)]
[Color:Xenon White]
[Optional:White LED License Plate Lights (10-006)]
[Optional:2-Pack White LED Vanity Lights (10-020)] 1 $64.97 $64.97
DSC-199 Return Customer 15% OFF [SMD-Cadillac-ATS] 1 -$9.75 -$9.75

Subtotal: $55.22
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $7.00
Grand Total: $62.22

#8 ·
OK here's some iPhone pics, not the greatest quality but you get the point. And I owned an Audi S5 prior to this, hence the license plate, lol.

The footwell lights aren't yellow like they appear in the photos, they are nice and white.

Shot looking into the car from the front.

Here is the OEM approach lighting that comes from the mirrors.

Here is what the door puddle looks like with LED's.

Here's the license plate bulbs standing about 15ft back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.