: Ok Now I understand Wheel Hop

04CTSVFLA
11-04-05, 04:36 PM
Raced a 5.0 this morning. It had one of those huge cowl hoods, and sounded loud. Anyone know what these run in the 1/4? Well we lined up at the light, and I knew it was on. We didnt really punch it off the line, but kind of slow started then punched it (it was early so we didnt want lots of noise) I hop/no traction all the way through middle or 3rd gear. Because i couldnt get traction (none at all) I was squirmy the whole way. IT SUCKED. He had better traction but I still beat him by 3+ lengths by the middle of 3rd. I couldnt believe I couldnt hook the tires IM PISSED. any suggestions. Will simply going to a more performance oriented 275 size tire improve this significantly.

11-04-05, 04:38 PM
Will simply going to a more performance oriented 275 size tire improve this significantly.

not the hop.

crowan
11-04-05, 05:01 PM
I had the new GM bushings installed and I have been veryy impressed with the difference. No more banging and slapping noises from the back end on hard shifts that used to make me fear that the car was coming apart. I have also ditched the run flats for Toyo T1Rs which may have resulted in improvements as well.

CR

trukk
11-07-05, 10:18 AM
It's a pisser. You'll get better at managing it with time. Also as the temperatures get colder, the hop gets MUCH worse. @ < 50 degrees the F1's get REALLY bad. When I first got my car, I got roasted by an R32 in the cold, and just a bit wet. I was pissed, but part of it was I just wasn't used to the car, and part was the weather.

-Chris